A brief update on the future of Variety of Sound plugins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Good day today. :D

I'm still waiting for Thrill Seeker LA. Was hoping it would have been out before Christmas.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

TesslaLE is amazinggggg.

VoS making a comeback makes me feel OK about the future of humanity :D

MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:26 pm +1 for oversampling. Aliasing is not analog. TDR do it right.
Digital is not analog until it comes out of your sound card as electricity on a wire.

TDR doesnt do Oversampling; its just something he does to the Delta - signals path afaik.

And, there are actually analog Anti - aliasing filters in older Samplers, like the S900, SP1200 etc. - some of which are really essential to their unique sound.

But, I also agree that its something you dont really want to have in the Digital - domain, at least not in a prominent and audible Way.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:32 am TesslaLE is amazinggggg.

VoS making a comeback makes me feel OK about the future of humanity :D
It really is! Such a simple plug, but it can do wonders when its needed, great one!

El°HYM wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:16 pm TDR doesnt do Oversampling; its just something he does to the Delta - signals path afaik.
Pretty sure Limiter 6 and SlickEQ oversample the main signal path. It's Kotelnikov and Nova that employ mixed-rate trickery. Not sure about Molot, but again it can saturate the main path so probably oversampled.

imrae wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:26 am
El°HYM wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:16 pm TDR doesnt do Oversampling; its just something he does to the Delta - signals path afaik.
Pretty sure Limiter 6 and SlickEQ oversample the main signal path. It's Kotelnikov and Nova that employ mixed-rate trickery. Not sure about Molot, but again it can saturate the main path so probably oversampled.
Interesting read regarding the Topic:
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/music/ ... essinghtml

I swear the old Baxter EQ had two GUI size versions, large and small, but I just downloaded the new (from Aug 2021) 64 bit version, and there is only one size. It's showing up as very small on my 55" 4k, so any chance we could get a resizable GUI, or the LARGE version back?

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:23 pm I swear the old Baxter EQ had two GUI size versions, large and small, but I just downloaded the new (from Aug 2021) 64 bit version, and there is only one size. It's showing up as very small on my 55" 4k, so any chance we could get a resizable GUI, or the LARGE version back?
Don't remember any GUI options back in the day and the new version looks identical to the previous one from what I can remember.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:59 pm
Hermetech Mastering wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:23 pm I swear the old Baxter EQ had two GUI size versions, large and small, but I just downloaded the new (from Aug 2021) 64 bit version, and there is only one size. It's showing up as very small on my 55" 4k, so any chance we could get a resizable GUI, or the LARGE version back?
Don't remember any GUI options back in the day and the new version looks identical to the previous one from what I can remember.
From what I can remember there were two size versions. It's academic, the fact is, the new versions of Tessla SE MkII and Baxter EQ (haven't tried any of the others) are too small to be usable on a 55" 4k monitor.

Again, any chance of resizable GUIs or larger versions?

been a while, how bout those thrillseeker series 8)

And, there are actually analog Anti - aliasing filters in older Samplers, like the S900, SP1200 etc. - some of which are really essential to their unique sound.

But, I also agree that its something you dont really want to have in the Digital - domain, at least not in a prominent and audible Way.
They do use Oversampling but with fixed sample rates, not with multipliers like everyone else:
Eco: 88.2/96 KHz
Precise/Precise+: 176.4/192 KHz
Insane/Insane+: 352.8/384 KHz

This info is in their manuals. Btw, Kotelnikov also uses a way higher sample rate internally only for the side-chain.

My point was more about their use of Oversampling in the Delta path, not in General.
https://www.admiralbumblebee.com/music/ ... essinghtml

I hope VoS will put out CLAP/VST3 updates, his plugins are too good to get wiped out by the Steinberg purge.

Return to “Effects”