Mercuriall releases Ampbox amp modeling platform (free update)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Burillo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:27 pm there are a couple of standard locations people seem to go for (AppData, Documents, etc.), but "Music" isn't one of them :D
Isn't Ampbox related to Music? :D

magicmusic wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:13 pm
Barmaleus wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:10 am
magicmusic wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:26 pm wow, I test the demo and i test many demos, but this i think so far is the best. I use it with my own record speaker impulse for mix ready from my real tube amp so i can also compare with my real amp. other simulations do not calc correct harmonics on low frequencies lower as 80 hz on sine tone. this do . and also the presets sound accptable. other amps sims sound all not so dense

attached are my impulses this sound very good with this amps and bring more dense as the speaker sim that is build in . my speaker 2 ist the brighter version. they are phase align so can mix them to choose brightness. amp box have currently no choose for 2 IR. use as reverb impulse do not work. but anyway use only my speaker sound amazing with amp box and need no EQ
Hi!
Thanks for your feedback, appreciated!

It should be possible to use two external IRs, one loaded into Reverb IR. It does not work for you? What exactly happens if you try it?
Hi
here is video this show the amazing better sound (before ampbox i think stl amphub was best) and what the problem is when use 2 impules. the impulses i have ulpoad in previous post. the guitar i use was ample ame VSTi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNGrjBfu-pg

i also notice a small problem when switch to your factory presets with the < > buttons. as soon i change a parameter of the preset and then press < or > button it jump not to next factory preset it jump to my saved preset,
I've checked it with developers.
If you add second cab IR and mix it in, it does not work as a usual mix knob, because the general use for this slot is Reverb IR. When you start mixing in the Reverb IR slot, it adds up to the first one. It does not work as a mix between IR slot 1/IR slot2 as in STL, for example.

To sum up: not a bug, but expected behavior. The Reverb IR slot will work with Cab IR, but that is not it's primary task, thus mixing Cab IR sounds "strange".

In terms of preset navigation concern - we'll have to look into it. Maybe something that needs a fix.

MRT wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:23 am So Is this a bug or a feature? Previously in ReAxis when you switched between modes (Rhy 1-2/LD 1-2-3/LD 1-2-3) the preset remained the same. In the Ampbox ReAxis Rhy LD1 And LD2 seem to be three separate presets. I don't know how the hardware works and I can live with either, but it seems like they should both operate the same?
"Old" Reaxis preset system was different. In Ampbox each preset is unique/separate.

Barmaleus wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:05 am
magicmusic wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:13 pm
Barmaleus wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:10 am
magicmusic wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:26 pm wow, I test the demo and i test many demos, but this i think so far is the best. I use it with my own record speaker impulse for mix ready from my real tube amp so i can also compare with my real amp. other simulations do not calc correct harmonics on low frequencies lower as 80 hz on sine tone. this do . and also the presets sound accptable. other amps sims sound all not so dense

attached are my impulses this sound very good with this amps and bring more dense as the speaker sim that is build in . my speaker 2 ist the brighter version. they are phase align so can mix them to choose brightness. amp box have currently no choose for 2 IR. use as reverb impulse do not work. but anyway use only my speaker sound amazing with amp box and need no EQ
Hi!
Thanks for your feedback, appreciated!

It should be possible to use two external IRs, one loaded into Reverb IR. It does not work for you? What exactly happens if you try it?
Hi
here is video this show the amazing better sound (before ampbox i think stl amphub was best) and what the problem is when use 2 impules. the impulses i have ulpoad in previous post. the guitar i use was ample ame VSTi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNGrjBfu-pg

i also notice a small problem when switch to your factory presets with the < > buttons. as soon i change a parameter of the preset and then press < or > button it jump not to next factory preset it jump to my saved preset,
I've checked it with developers.
If you add second cab IR and mix it in, it does not work as a usual mix knob, because the general use for this slot is Reverb IR. When you start mixing in the Reverb IR slot, it adds up to the first one. It does not work as a mix between IR slot 1/IR slot2 as in STL, for example.

To sum up: not a bug, but expected behavior. The Reverb IR slot will work with Cab IR, but that is not it's primary task, thus mixing Cab IR sounds "strange".

In terms of preset navigation concern - we'll have to look into it. Maybe something that needs a fix.
or maybe you can add a second speaker IR slot ?. in theory the reverb slot can work, but it seem the reverb slot is phase invert. it sound simular as when use 2 microphones and 1 is invert.it is also possible that it have a delay.

the mixing in the reverb slot work good. signal get not louder as when have 1 IR
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:46 pm or maybe you can add a second speaker IR slot ?. in theory the reverb slot can work, but it seem the reverb slot is phase invert. it sound simular as when use 2 microphones and 1 is invert.it is also possible that it have a delay.

the mixing in the reverb slot work good. signal get not louder as when have 1 IR
Second Cab IR slot: would be cool to have. No promises though.

Hi everyone!

Ampbox 1.0.10 just got released! You can grab it from www.mercuriall.com.

Release notes:
1. Ampbox now works properly on Apple Silicon in GarageBand and Logic.
2. You can continue scrolling through presets with the UI arrows even if you changed a preset.
3. Ampbox launches faster.
4. Presets switch faster.
5. A bug with fading in Reaper when a sound was starting right at the beginning of a render has been fixed.
6. In standalone, some adjustments in Audio Settings could crash Ampbox. It is fixed.
7. Improved Windows installer.
8. Some cosmetic UI changes.

I'm really hoping SS-11 will be added to Ampbox soon. And i like the preset menu as it is. It's not confusing at all, because there's only three amps and it's all clearly labeled lol. It's not like Amplitube where half the presets are broken because you didn't buy 200 amps and pedals.

kevinsparks wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:40 pm I'm really hoping SS-11 will be added to Ampbox soon. And i like the preset menu as it is. It's not confusing at all, because there's only three amps and it's all clearly labeled lol. It's not like Amplitube where half the presets are broken because you didn't buy 200 amps and pedals.
It's coming, along with Spark.

Hah, and so true about Amplitube, wading through all the locked presets is a bore.

kevinsparks wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:40 pmIt's not like Amplitube where half the presets are broken because you didn't buy 200 amps and pedals.
MogwaiBoy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:51 amHah, and so true about Amplitube, wading through all the locked presets is a bore.
You know in AT5 you can hide those presets that have gear you don't own.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

I wonder when the new amp will be released now that the new platform is done.
Unfortunately, I never managed to worm a confession out of Barmaleus :hihi:

tappert wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:42 pm I wonder when the new amp will be released now that the new platform is done.
Unfortunately, I never managed to worm a confession out of Barmaleus :hihi:
It's in the works =) Quite a legendary device.
And yes, having the Ampbox platform significantly decreases the amount of time needed to release new products.

Barmaleus wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:09 pm It's in the works =) Quite a legendary device.
Legendary? Can't be Marshall, since Spark covers that ground. So Vox, Fender, Peavey or Mesa?
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

I know metal seems to be the focus of many amp sims, but there's plenty of guitar players out there who'd still really like a killer Vox AC-30 (I'll even take an AC-15 or Matchless DC30), Fender Tweed Deluxe (5E3), Fender Princeton Reverb, etc. Yeah, there's models of those out there, but I'm yet to find a really killer one when it comes to any of those 3.

Feels like we've got a million good Plexi's, and JCM's, and Bogners and Boogies. Give us some of the really old stuff! :wink:

I've got a wonderful sounding vintage Princeton Reverb with Chicago Jensen CK10's if anyone wants to come by and get some IRs! :lol:

Fender, Hiwatt, Vox

solidsteak wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:45 pm
Barmaleus wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:09 pm It's in the works =) Quite a legendary device.
Legendary? Can't be Marshall, since Spark covers that ground. So Vox, Fender, Peavey or Mesa?
Who knows... =)

Return to “Effects”