What's your favourite DAW's feature? I tried to make Reaper do-it-all

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vsti doesn't work with Bitwig for me very well. The cpu just gets gobbled up. With Reaper I can have 5 times the instruments and effects running in a project and that makes a huge difference to my workflow.

ShawnG wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:31 amBecuase the modulators are LESS complicated and more immediate in use than creating automation to do the same things, and most instruments don’t have the same depth or number of modulation options.
Sorry but I'm not seeing that at all. Nothing is easier than automation - you just press record and do it. And if you want to use the same modulation somewhere else, you just copy/paste it. And in Studio One or Cubase, you only need to record one cycle, which you can then duplicate to your heart's content with a simple press of the D key, then go in and customise it as much as you want. If you need to change the timing, it's a simple CTRL+A, then ALT-Drag.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

vurt wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:57 pm the full modular capabilities of bidule.
good luck :hihi:
Not the same but maybe someone might find this relevant:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php ... ht=modular
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

BONES wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:28 am
ShawnG wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:31 amBecuase the modulators are LESS complicated and more immediate in use than creating automation to do the same things, and most instruments don’t have the same depth or number of modulation options.
Sorry but I'm not seeing that at all. Nothing is easier than automation - you just press record and do it. And if you want to use the same modulation somewhere else, you just copy/paste it. And in Studio One or Cubase, you only need to record one cycle, which you can then duplicate to your heart's content with a simple press of the D key, then go in and customise it as much as you want. If you need to change the timing, it's a simple CTRL+A, then ALT-Drag.
Yeah thanks, I've been using DAWs for 20 years, I've done all that a time or two. And there's quite a few reasons why I usually use other DAWs than Bitwig. The modulators are still pretty slick and very uncomplicated to use, particularly in using them to modulate different parameters in different rates and directions at the same time. now, if your modulation needs are basic, and you have a controller mapped, and it's a modulation that can be done by a human in real time, sure, it's not hard just to record it.

Mate, I don't use any of it at all, rarely even LFOs in a synth, so I have no skin in the game, I can be completely objective. I don't even understand what it is you think needs modulating, much less why you'd look for the least elegant solution for doing it. It's not like I listen to music and hear any, so it's a bit of a mystery to me. I assume it's because you've watched a video of some other idiot doing it, I can't for the life of me see why else you would and I see heaps of videos that show you how to do all that shit without ever explaining why you might want to.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

~ ~
___
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Mixcraft. It's just so intuitive and easy to use. The only DAW I ever used where I rarely if ever went "???" and had to go plowing through a manual to figure out even the most basic stuff.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”