Ableton Live 11.1 - Apple Silicon support public beta now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:09 pm
Peevy2000 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:06 am
jonljacobi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:38 am I've never seen an option to de-authorize. You can request more licenses though.
Yes I've had to do this once before years ago but I didn't think I would need access to more licenses to run on the same computer. I've filed a bug report for the beta & I'll contact support to see if they can maybe reset something at their end.
If you have the same major version on the computer, then you shouldn't need to relicense. Let us know what you hear.
I got it sorted, it's a known issue with the beta. Tech support added another authorisation to my account, It still wouldn't authorise properly with the online option but I got it working with the offline option. Suite packs are working now in native mode.

Last beta is .7 and that was more than a month ago and didn’t have many bug fixes.
I hope that this is indication of very soon release

Beta 8 is available now

11.1b8 Release Notes

New features and improvements:

Updated software texts and the What’s New Lesson for 11.1.
REX files (.rx2, .rcy) are now supported on Apple silicon machines.
In Clip View when an audio clip is selected, the Pitch dial is now smaller and the Gain slider has been enlarged.
Clip View can now be toggled to its maximum height using the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+E (Win) / CMD+OPT+E (Mac) or the View menu entry “Expand Clip Detail View.”
Entries for switching between different Clip View panel properties have been added to the View menu, along with their corresponding keyboard shortcuts.
Users can now get and observe the average_process_usage, peak_process_usage,
and a track's performance_impact via Max for Live.
Using the Shifter device in Pitch mode now uses about 20% less CPU. Slight sound changes may occur when using long crossfade envelope lengths compared to previous beta versions.

Bugfixes:

Fixed an issue that occurred when changing a clip’s color in Session View; other selected clips in Arrangement View would also be changed, even if they had not been selected in Session View.
Fixed a crash that occurred when frequently switching the Max for Live Note Delay device on and off in between note on and off messages.
Fixed a crash that occurred when unfolding Demo Song tracks from certain Live Packs in the browser.
Fixed an issue with the Note Length MIDI effect that caused the incorrect velocity to be generated in release mode if a note was released after recording in a loop.
The Launchpad Mini MK3 control surface script now works as expected when pressing the Scene Launch Buttons after entering and then existing Session Overview.
The effect order in the Spectral Time device now appears as expected when initialized.
Fixed an issue that caused the Scale MIDI Effect to cut off played notes if the scale was set to a single note.
AU plug-ins are now informed about silent inputs so that they can release CPU resources and report output silence if possible. This will allow any device in the device chain after the AU plug-in to release CPU resources as well.
The Spectral Time device now works as expected when long delay times are set.
Fixed a crash on Windows that occurred if a dialog window opened while a context menu was also visible.
Fixed a bug that could cause MIDI notes to be occasionally skipped when using the Analog and Tension devices.
The DS Kick instrument now sounds the same when played repeatedly in fast sequence.
Fixed an issue that caused Push to get stuck on the logo screen.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

"Users can now get and observe the average_process_usage, peak_process_usage, and a track's performance_impact via Max for Live."

What does that mean in practice? Is it a new M4L device added, or a feature built into M4L that users can use in devices they create?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

'Expand Clip Detail View' is a great little improvement. I wonder why it wasn't implemented before, it seems like a basic feature. However, I wish there was a little button somewhere in the GUI to perform this action.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

antic604 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:26 pm "Users can now get and observe the average_process_usage, peak_process_usage, and a track's performance_impact via Max for Live."

What does that mean in practice? Is it a new M4L device added, or a feature built into M4L that users can use in devices they create?
Sounds like environment variables you can query with M4L.

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:10 pm Clip View can now be toggled to its maximum height using the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+E (Win) / CMD+OPT+E (Mac) or the View menu entry “Expand Clip Detail View.”
I literally thought it would never happen. :clap: This has been the #1` glaring omission to me. I recently upgraded to 11 just to be part of the M1 beta, and this is lovely icing. :love:

Wow, that is massive list of bug fixes…
I guess final will not be released this year after all…

Screenshot of Maximized Clip View
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Install with caution, some plugins don’t work, among them Native Instruments plugins.

nanostream wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:06 pm Install with caution, some plugins don’t work, among them Native Instruments plugins.
They work as AUs using Apple's own AudioUnit bridge, just not the VST versions because they're not native yet. Ableton does not have a VST bridge, so those Intel plugins will be invisible. Users who defaulted to AU in the past are definitely in a better spot right now when it comes to old project compatibility.

nanostream wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:06 pm Install with caution, some plugins don’t work, among them Native Instruments plugins.
On M1 Macs only Universal or Native VST plugins will work or you can run Ableton via Rosetta and everything will work…

Respect to the authors of the manual. Reminds me of those Propellerhead guides for Reason on youtube, that were so good you could recommend them to people not even using Reason.

omnipoint wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:08 pm Screenshot of Maximized Clip View
I love this! I hate Centercode though, it's not as bad as InMusic's forum, but it's comparable, it doesn't work with Safari's password filling feature and has lost my account after I changed the email address... :evil:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”