About CLAP

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:clap:

Great to see Bitwig involved, Ableton are actually pretty progressive and I think they will back it....they shared LINK.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

As one who has embraced Bitwig, the host that is close to a “modern modular synthesizer” I can’t hardly wait!

Excellent!

very exciting.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

I'm finding the problem on calling it "CLAP" is doing internet searches for it. VST/AU/AAX comes up with immediate and relative results. CLAP comes up with far too many non-relative results. It reminds me of when we first logged on to the internet decades ago and most of us quickly learned that if you were shopping for a television, you had to spell it out completely.
Of course, the term does imply a community of applause over the "one hand clapping".
But this restores my hope for music software moving ahead.
Last edited by BBFG# on Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:46 pm I'm finding the problem on calling it "CLAP" is doing internet searches for it. VST/AU/AAX comes up with immediate and relative results. CLAP comes up with far too many non-relative results. It reminds me of when we first logged on to the internet decades ago and most of us quickly learned that if you were shopping for a television, you had to spell it out completely.
Perhaps shorten the name to CLP. That would work well as a format name because it would be similar to VST, AU, AAX, etc.

tony10000 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:49 pm
BBFG# wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:46 pm I'm finding the problem on calling it "CLAP" is doing internet searches for it. VST/AU/AAX comes up with immediate and relative results. CLAP comes up with far too many non-relative results. It reminds me of when we first logged on to the internet decades ago and most of us quickly learned that if you were shopping for a television, you had to spell it out completely.
Perhaps shorten the name to CLP. That would work well as a format name because it would be similar to VST, AU, AAX, etc.
My thoughts as well.

Great news! i surely hope, that this will work out!
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:06 pm
zvenx wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:50 pm"Great, just what the world needs yet another plugin format or DAW".
Well, actually, it does...
I would be shocked if Steinberg, Logic or ProTools would ever adopt it.
And those three companies are the reasons why we need one. Just the one, mind, unencumbered by the constantly moving goalposts and corporate-self-interest that impact the ones we have now.
We will agree to disagree.
Let us see how it goes five years down the road.
rsp
sound sculptist

Great idea.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Other than polyphonic automation and host-managed multi-threading, what does CLAP offer over existing liberally licensed, cross-platform and extendible formats like LV2?
(and don't say "it doesn't use TTL", that just shows that some people never read beyond the first page)

Nice to see some other voices speaking against the VST conglomerates, though.

It s a great idea if the price of the plugins in this new format are lower than vst/au and if it have the support for ,at least ,reaper.i don t believe steinberg or apple will maie it possible on their daw....
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

Any conversation yet with the JUCE team about support? I know even though the LV2 branch was done, it never got merged into mainline. If JUCE gets support, then I'm pretty sure Tracktion will come onboard with Waveform and the plugins.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:32 pm I think this is gonna be a pretty big thing, given a bit of time and support from host vendors. If the "CLAP consortium" :) gets at least Reaper, Studio One, Live (especially Live), I'd say it's gonna become pretty interesting.
even more important could be to get roli on board and also oli larkin from iplug. many small to mid-sized plugin vendors use juce (me included). if supporting the new format would be as easy as checking another checkbox in the projucer, it would be a no-brainer. sadly, the juce people have already more or less rejected supporting lv2. apparently, they consider it a "yet another format to maintain", totally disregarding the important fact that it - so far - was the only available viable non-proprietary format. hopefully, this will be a different story with clap. there's a 3rd party fork that adds the lv2 capability to juce, though. ...you probably know all of this already, as i have noticed that you are a contributor to surge on github which uses this fork :tu:
Last edited by Music Engineer on Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Return to “u-he”