One Synth Challenge #153: K1v by Nils Schneider (Vovaman wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Voted too

voting completed.

super tracks everyone!

voted

Voted. Some really interesting tracks. Even though we had free reign with some efx, I enjoyed the tracks that were more "true" to the K1v sound. But, as always, fun! And thanks BJ and Richard!

voted!

Voted!

I have tried to comment on everyone's track, though I'm not very good at it. :oops:
Thanks to all those who stopped by to comment on my track. :hug:

I will say that the standard is high throughout I found listening most enjoyable.
Interesting too that with the rompler some fought to get away from its sound while others embraced it, all with good results imho. I also heard many examples of what sounded like very accomplished live performance. I feel like performance and composition took centre stage this month.
:band: :band2: :band2: :band: :band2: :violin: :band2:

Oh hey I know I've been really vocal about my general dislike of the sound of this synth, but I wanted to say this was in no way meant to disparage the work of Nils Schneider, He did an amazing job giving us K1 to play with. It certainly happily took all the abuse I threw at it! Cheers Nils!

I agree the possibility of modifying the preset sampled sounds in a big way was not entirely possible within this synth, by design! However, using FX I was able to modify the sound enough to fit into the sound space I required and to do what all members of a band do, i.e. hone their sounds to fit what they want sonically, and also to fit the sound coming off stage to the audience (guided by their FOH man!).

In my case of course, I was every band "member" and, producer and FOH!!! Yes, maybe more punch here and there, more changes of timbre over time etc would be nice, but then, we start to get away from the idea of the synth to "emulate" some real hardware using its original sounds.

I enjoyed this round, mainly because we were fixed to some extent by the sounds, although many did mange to mangle the sounds (not sure how much within the synth!!) to produce some outstanding and interesting tracks.

Just a view from an oldie who remembers seeing Cream back in the days!!!!!!!!!! Re-living his teen years <sigh>

dB

Final Results: Vovaman - Galaxyfunk is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. Vovaman - Galaxyfunk - 160
2. MilksterX - 8 Byte Magic - 146
3. treeheated - I/You - 145
4. neverbeeninariot - Cooper's Dream - 144
5. davi-dj - Kawai Dreams - 140

dq. bh9090 - ovals - 145pts
6. VCA-089 - 55488 - 140pts
7. Impedance Music - Arctic Fox - 139pts
8. zarf - 21:21 - 138pts
9. Eauson - Disguise the Limit - 137pts
10. rockingricky - K2 - 137pts
11. liqih - Transphoria - 136pts
12. ontrackp - Man To Machine Mix - 136pts
13. doctorbob - Volume 11 - 134pts
14. jasinski - Winter in Every Year - 132pts
15. BBLUNT Music - Ease Out - 130pts
16. gigue07 - Dark Pinball - 129pts
17. Double Tap - Acid Jazz - 129pts
18. nenneb - SeeMinorWays - 129pts
19. Yadrichik_Chaya - Lit Alto (Nailing The Sole Feetu... - 125pts
20. MalToné - Savanna Nights - 125pts
21. RichardSemper - Peace and Joy - 124pts
22. MadMcMan - Bliss - 122pts
23. psmacmur - Autumnal Romp - 116pts
24. AlienXXX - Kiv Jazz - 115pts
25. phankiejankie303 - The silent tomb of the drunken ... - 115pts
26. emikaela - A Glimpse Of The Absolute - 113pts
27. 1980-F - Kay One Song - 112pts
28. gorgorgathgorgorgor - Singularity - 111pts
29. Juergen - Music For Elevators - 111pts
dq. umbertron - K1v - 108pts
30. 3lu5iv3 - Hopeless Shadows - 108pts
31. TheFrozenSea - Strange Wishes - 104pts
32. DarkSynth FX - Eternal Destiny - 99pts
dq. davetbass - DavetbassOSC153 - 87pts

Prizes:
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are not passed down below top 5

Splendid work everyone :phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by RichardSemper on Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congratulations and respect to the winners and everyone who made a track. Good job!
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

Yikes. I just voted. oops. That track was indeed funky! Nice work.... and any month Dr. B gets to rockin' is all right! :band2:

Congratulations to all winners :clap: :clap:

Congrats Vovaman - great funky winning work. :hail:
And the other winners - all excellent. :tu:

I'm delighted and surprised to score so high in this strong field of entries, I really thought the music was great all round.

(Richard - 0.889583333333333 is quite an amusing excel interpretation of the name of my track, 21:21 :ud: )

Well done to all the winners - some great tracks again this month.

zarf wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:06 pm Congrats Vovaman - great funky winning work. :hail:
And the other winners - all excellent. :tu:

I'm delighted and surprised to score so high in this strong field of entries, I really thought the music was great all round.

(Richard - 0.889583333333333 is quite an amusing excel interpretation of the name of my track, 21:21 :ud: )
Oops, how did that happen :dog: Crazy what can happen in a spreadsheet.

Return to “Instruments”