Blue Cat's Remote Control V3 is here!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Remote Control

We are glad to announce the release of Blue Cat's Remote Control V3, a long awaited update for our virtual control surface plug-in!

With brand new zoomable GUI, compatibility with recent systems (including native Apple Silicon & VST3 plug-in format), and lots of new features and improvements, we hope this new version was worth the wait (7 years :dog: )!

Since it took a bit of time to release this long awaited update, the upgrade to this new major version is exceptionally free for existing customers (check the link received by email upon purchase!).

An introduction offer is available to new customers (25% off until January 9th), and existing Blue Cat Audio customers will receive an even better deal by email shortly.

Enjoy!

And here is a new video that shows how the plug-in works:
https://youtu.be/13lwpwTsLZc

I just want to double check that this works with an external controller like BCR2000, so I can create and on-screen template of the bcr and then use remote control to map the bcr's movements across various plugins. Is that a possible scenario?

cheers
Make mine 6/8.

It is indeed possible, as the plug-in has a MIDI input too. It is however recommended to try the demo and see if it works for you as expected.

Hi, I have a problem with the remote control V3 plugin VST3 on ableton 11, I can´t open the plugin.
P.D: Regular VST version it´s working fine.

We have indeed noticed this issue. While we still recommend using VST over VST3 (especially for MIDI), a new preview that fixes the issue has been uploaded.

Hi, I want to mention that the Controls still start with CC1, not CC0; so for example, with the skin "Controls 64", there should be C0-C63 instead of C1-C64 (and btw, it would be appreciated if were changed the "C" to "CC"), something like from this (C1-16):
sshot.jpg
to this (CC0-15):
sshot-1.jpg
Great for the implementation of SVGs and VST3 plug-ins. And finally, the plug-in controls only send MIDI CC events when the knobs are moved :)
Awesome will be:
· An option that allow to the user to switch the value of the parameters from 0-100% to the 0-127 midi range.
· Select several control/faders at once (with shift or ctrl keys).
Far beyond awesome will be:
· Full 128 controls, since actually it seems limitated to 64 for each instance.

Keep up the great work.
Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Control names are actually not related the to the CC number that you choose (any CC# and channel can be used for each control), that's why names are unrelated.

The plug-in indeed only send CC messages when they change, as the MIDI spec specifies (the previous version used to keep sending CCs, but it caused lots of issues, that's why it has been fixed in V3).

We indeed have a couple of ideas for grouping and display features. We will look at these in the future.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:20 am We indeed have a couple of ideas for grouping and display features. We will look at these in the future.
Till then, that gloriuos day when is possible to switch from 0-100% to 0-127 all the parameters just with a single click over a button on the toolbar (or adding this option through "Global Settings -> General"), I try to achive it modificating the "text_value.inc" file... and I'm half way there:

Code: Select all

<CUS_TEXT_VALUE base_type="PARAM_TEXT" content="{value}" value_format=".0" width="40" height="10" text_h_align="center"/>
That shows a plain 0-100 range, and also, I tried to add the min="0" max="127" but didn't work. So, how can I set the range on {value}, something like {(value/100)*127}?
Cheers.

So, the announcement mentions a special deal email being sent to existing Blue Cat Audio customers but I didn't get one. ???

You can simply contact support with the email address used for purchase and we'll sort it out.

Thanks, Got it!

hellishvictor wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 6:18 pm Till then, that gloriuos day when is possible to switch from 0-100% to 0-127 all the parameters just with a single click over a button on the toolbar (or adding this option through "Global Settings -> General"), I try to achive it modificating the "text_value.inc" file... and I'm half way there:

<CUS_TEXT_VALUE base_type="PARAM_TEXT" content="{value}" value_format=".0" width="40" height="10" text_h_align="center"/>
That shows a plain 0-100 range, and also, I tried to add the min="0" max="127" but didn't work. So, how can I set the range on {value}, something like {(value/100)*127}?
Cheers.
:help:

If you want to just change the display, you can create a bunch of "dummy" parameters which range from 0 to 127, link them from the actual dsp parameters using PARAM_LINK objects and make sure they are used for text display instead of the actual DSP params.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:54 pm If you want to just change the display, you can create a bunch of "dummy" parameters which range from 0 to 127, link them from the actual dsp parameters using PARAM_LINK objects and make sure they are used for text display instead of the actual DSP params.
Ok, tried this on "text_value.inc" but didn't work:

<DUMMY>
	<TEMPLATE id="TPL_PARAM_TEXT_BUTTON">
		<PARAM_TEXT param_id="$param_id$" width="$width$" height="$height$">
			<CUS_INVISIBLE_BUTTON param_id="$param_id$" cursor="system::hand"/>

<!-- Range 0-127 -->
			<PARAM id="$param_id$$_127" min="0" max="127" value_format=".0"/>
			<PARAM_LINK from="$param_id$" to="$param_id$$_127" normalized="true" />
			<PARAM_TO_STRING_LINK from="$param_id$$_127" to="$param_id$" content=": {text_value}"/>

</PARAM_TEXT>
	</TEMPLATE>
	<!-- define -->
	<DEFINE>
		<CUS_PARAM_TEXT_BUTTON base_type="TPL_PARAM_TEXT_BUTTON"/>
	</DEFINE>
</DUMMY>
What's wrong here?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”