MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What if the part has a transpose of eg. +12?
Then when you play C4 and C4 is highlighted on the part editor keyboard, and you draw a C4 it will play as C5. Wouldn't that be confusing?

That does sound confusing. I am not sure why this should be the case. Surely the highlighted key should reflect the note played after the transpose so that they would match up?

So when transpose is on, playing keys on your MIDI keyboard will play other keys on the GUI? That might be confusing too, no? It surely is a FR that should be handled with care. Not a quicky and not yet for M9.0. (for reason of time management)

That's fine, its not critical. Just a very useful feature when composing, which I got used to in cubase and bitwig studio.

M9.0.14 is available.

:tu: Windowed Rack fixed! thx

RichardSemper wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:41 pm That does sound confusing. I am not sure why this should be the case. Surely the highlighted key should reflect the note played after the transpose so that they would match up?
What if that clip is routed to different modules each with a different transpose? So due to the modular nature of MuLab showing the "right" key on the source clip editor keyboard can be more challenging than one would expect. So i guess the solution is to simply show the actual input MIDI key. All in all i guess that's also the most intuitive.

mutools wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:03 pm M9.0.14 is available.
Did you avoid 9.0.12+1 deliberately? 😉
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

mutools wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:56 pm
RichardSemper wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:41 pm That does sound confusing. I am not sure why this should be the case. Surely the highlighted key should reflect the note played after the transpose so that they would match up?
What if that clip is routed to different modules each with a different transpose? So due to the modular nature of MuLab showing the "right" key on the source clip editor keyboard can be more challenging than one would expect. So i guess the solution is to simply show the actual input MIDI key. All in all i guess that's also the most intuitive.
Seems to me showing the actual input midi key should be fine, and as you say probably the least confusing. If the key appears wrong you would know there is a transpose effect somewhere. I for one would have no problem with that.

Sounds like the least confusing option. If users are too confused with that feedback in actual use then perhaps another method could be brainstormed. Later.

In the browser, previewing sequences only seems to work when the sequence has a loop point defined.

In the Live Matrix, when 'Live Sync Mode' is set to 'Sync' parts with no loop point set do not play

RichardSemper wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:12 am In the browser, previewing sequences only seems to work when the sequence has a loop point defined.
Thx for reporting this. Can repeat it. Will research & fix.
In the Live Matrix, when 'Live Sync Mode' is set to 'Sync' parts with no loop point set do not play
That's normal because in sync mode you want the clip to sync to the play position and if the play pos already is beyond the end of that non-looped clip, it won't play anymore.
For example a non looped clip of 4 bars and play pos is at bar 7 now you launch that clip in sync mode then it won't play anything as play pos already is beyond the end of that clip.
Solution: If you want a one-shot non-looped clip then use sync mode "Start" so it will replay wherever the play position is.

An alternative way for a one shot (looped) clip is to set the length of the clip to the same as the clip (loop) length.

mutools wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:54 am
RichardSemper wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:12 am In the Live Matrix, when 'Live Sync Mode' is set to 'Sync' parts with no loop point set do not play
That's normal because in sync mode you want the clip to sync to the play position and if the play pos already is beyond the end of that non-looped clip, it won't play anymore.
For example a non looped clip of 4 bars and play pos is at bar 7 now you launch that clip in sync mode then it won't play anything as play pos already is beyond the end of that clip.
Solution: If you want a one-shot non-looped clip then use sync mode "Start" so it will replay wherever the play position is.

An alternative way for a one shot (looped) clip is to set the length of the clip to the same as the clip (loop) length.
Understood.
Took a moment to understand the alternative way, this works fine. Its set to infinity by default.
Is there a quick way to set back to infinity after changing it to something like 4 bars?
EDIT: found it - type 25000 into the edit box does it.

You can also Alt+click the right arrow to 'step' to infinity.
Or right-click -> Set Infinite.

Got it!
Why didn't I see that :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”