When can we expect ARM Native Engine?

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Just curious. My main Logic template is almost as complete as my main Intel Logic template, just wondering when I'll be able to incorporate your stuff on my Native template.
Vielen Dank.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hi,

Engine 2 will not support M1 natively. The next version of Engine will support M1 for sure but there´s no release date available yet nor in which version of it will be available.

Sorry i don´t have better news for you!

Best regards and happy holidays!

thanks, same to you.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hello and happy holidays! This will run using Rosetta in the meantime, right? I believe I saw that it isn't supported in mac OS Monterey yet. Does it completely crash in Monterey, or is it just not fully tested yet? Thanks!

Stuff on Engine runs through Rosetta 2, no issues, except Native is significantly more efficient with CPU, as you'd expect. Hope it happens soon. There must be more and more people asking for it. It's been over a year, now. I haven't moved to Monterey, and have no intention to in the short-medium term.

BTW, sorry if my header makes me come off as an entitled twit. I'm not a twit. :lol: :P
-Martin Luther King Jr.

No worries! :D

I'm already on Monterey so I figured I'd see if anyone has tried it before I buy Celtic Era or Dark Era, or one of the other Best Service plugins (I'm not sure yet which I want to start with).

Bombadil wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:40 pmexcept Native is significantly more efficient with CPU, as you'd expect.
Not necessarily, it really depends what the plugin is doing. Some plugin vendors mentioned they didn't really see any breathtaking differences in CPU usage between Rosetta vs native.

I have with ADD and Sampletank. And Hive. And scuffham Amps. So far.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Well ok. Again as I said it depends on what the plugin is doing. It is on a case by case basis.

I couldn't tell one way or the other with Spitfire BBC or Superior Drummer, or at least not enough to tell. I think it was overshadowed by how much better Logic Pro X as a whole performed on Apple silicon.

My experience has been mixed using Logic in Rosetta mode. I'll have to give it another try. I can't be arsed to do actual measurement, just reporting what I'm seeing. Logic's cores can get a bit weird when you're in Native mode, using Intel only plugins. I don't have enough computing background to actually know what's going on. Native = Good, Intel = Bad, lol.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I suppose I'll hold off for now. If I switch to running logic in Rosetta I'll also need to get non-M1 versions of some plugins so they also work. As much as I might want bagpipes and war horns, the hassle will just inhibit me creatively.

Well,
I haven't had significant issues per see, only as described above. I have yet to throw anything at my M1 mini that it hasn't been able to handle. I have Era: Medieval Legends II, Forest Kingdom II and Desert Wind free. They all work more or less normally, as far as I can tell. Not a heavy footprint. But I'm on Big Sur.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Update: I bought Dark Era and Persia and they both run fine in Monterey on my M1 Macbook. I'm also not running Logic Pro X in Rosetta mode (strangely, the best service engine AU wouldn't show up in the list of available plugins so I unchecked that option).

Is this ever going to happen? Every email I get from Best Service I have my hopes dashed I can finally use all these plugins again without having to bounce back and forth between Rosetta and Native modes in Cubase. Would be nice to get some sort of roadmap from BS on this.

Return to “Best Service”