BUG: The focus issue in Linux plugins

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've have had focus issues both in Reaper, Renoise and Bitwig, and after trying a lot of things here's my conclusions:

- GNOME-X11: If the keyboard layout is US, U-he plugin windows get focus.
- GNOME-X11: If the keyboard layout is FI, the focus unconditionally fails. This can be fixed by switching back to the US layout.
- GNOME-Wayland: It does not mattter, which keyboard layout is in use. Focus unconditionally works.

I just thought that summarizing this, since I think I have the conditions that trigger the bug quite well scoped. I don't think it is a DAW bug, given that I can reproduce the bug and also workaround it in three different DAW's.

My guess is that it is neither a desktop environment specific bug (I have only GNOME installed) but instead has something do with how the plugins use xinput.

The behavior is the same for all U-he plugins, i.e. it must be some common code that they all use.
Last edited by jarkko on Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I also thought that showing how to workaround the bug will help others to use the plugins :) Fortunately, it is not that complicated...

Thanks a lot for those details. I'll add them to the ticket in our bug tracking database.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

To solve the problem I put the following command into my terminal:
$ setxkbmap eu

After this is problem is solved for every language.
My setup: Bitwig 4.4 and some u-he plugins by revision 12092 (Diva, Zebra2, Podolski, Presswerk). Works also for reaper.

Best

Return to “u-he Linux support”