If DAWs Resembled The Retro Hi-Fi

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AIMP skin
aimp_fun_teac.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Another Win Amp example.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 pm So are we going to be using virtual cds and tapes that we keep in our virtual shelves too? I just really don't see the appeal.

Honestly at this point why not just go buy the real deal? :lol:

I have a CRT TV, DVD, Cassette and VHS player and honestly I kind of like being able to interact with them. I even have a a few other old "archaic" pieces laying around and got them for next to nothing.

Maybe in the future when all this stuff is completely dead they'll have a VR museum experience where you can experience this stuff across the eras.
The concept is software based which brings all the advantages. Just like Reason, if you want a sampler you create one, you don't have to spend a fortune buying the real thing. Essentially, it would be different way to produce music, and in a more authentic retro way.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

I have an old 70's JVC hi-fi ... why on earth would I want my DAW to look or behave like that?
Buy some D16 plugins if you want that retro hi-fi look ...

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:54 pm @Intrancer if you did a Mockup of the rack so it looks like Reason but implements the ideas i listed above i think you could really pitch this to someone.
It crossed my mind to do that as with all ideas I have. I'll see what I can come up with in the next few days with a bit of thought and research into how it could be presented as an application.

Next week in the INTRANCER saga : DAWs should look like Keytars.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

what if daws were made of plastiscine!

sQeetz wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:52 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:10 am Like Reason?
No ONE likes Reason
I don't like it either
I love it

matrixo9 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:00 pm
No ONE likes Reason
I don't like it either
I love it
I don't like Reggae.... I love it..
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:32 pm
matrixo9 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:00 pm
No ONE likes Reason
I don't like it either
I love it
I don't like Reggae.... I love it..
I just like it not love it

My parents overplayed raggae as a kid lol

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”