TO ALL Developers of Software Plugins ! Take out Personal Informations from Plugins !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:00 pm
billcarroll wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:59 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:54 pmim not :(
Fine. There are always exceptions.
im not tall enough :(
Which brings up a great question. Wie groß ist er dann?

I feel like this could lead somewhere unintended.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Some synths have a 'back' or 'splash screen' or something similar... could the personal info not be put on that? So it's only visible when you click to view that part?

It would violate the GDPR. And my feelings, to have my name printed on the behind of the device.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:15 pm It would violate the GDPR.
How so?

It's pretty much impossible that information stored and only locally processed on the customer's computer in any way is in violence of GDPR.

The software vendor does not access it there, does not manipulate it there, does not broadcast it in any way.

The customer of course can do whatever they like with it, including publishing it on YouTube whatsoever. That is their business, not the doing of the software vendor.

#rob wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:16 pm We VERY often get emails that contain zero helpful information at all. No names, no products, no serials, no anything. .
But they contain a screenshot with the name? Some people are weird.... I don't think that justifies putting the name on the UI instead of sending a followup mail, but you do you :hug:

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:37 pm
How so?
I think chk071 was very much tongue in cheek, considering the second sentence there. ;)

Oh... oops... yeah... oh.. sorry.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:08 pm One of the concerns expressed by the OP and others was basically 'what if I'm a huge @sshole online -I don't want people figuring out who I am' which I guess is valid. But why not just be less of jerk online? Or own your views and be willing to risk having your name associated with them if that's how you really feel? Don't want to lose work in that case? Well, then think twice and learn how to act or take some personal responsibility and be willing to accept the consequences. I don't know where this whole "I want to behave in a way I know will be offensive but don't want to suffer any consequences from said behavior" attitude has come from, but it's old. When I started in corporate America, they told us time and time again, "don't put anything in writing you wouldn't want to see plastered in a newspaper." It's good advice for all digital interactions.

Now it's different for someone who may be politically active and speak out against their government in countries where doing so can legitimately be dangerous (as in to your life and liberty - not just your reputation or wallet), but then, maybe live streaming your music production at the same time isn't a good idea too? The less attention you draw to yourself the better, no? Call me old fashioned, but not everything needs to be shared in public forums and social media, and if you do choose to do so, then the responsibility for your actions is on you.

No one's forcing anyone to stream their music production, and if you are, then there's a chance people may figure out who you are. If that's a concern, don't do that. Someone on that live stream may recognize your voice, or your face, etc. Between IP addresses, facial recognition technology, voice printing, Google/Facebook/Twitter/etc. having all your data, I feel like if you want to keep things on the down low, it's easy not to try to choose to stream.
Just the wrong way, to duck and cover, but its a possible situation. yeah and sure the first step is beeing a bit paranoid. But please dont see the ugliest person in me or someone. i dont wanna make political music or say my followers they are not welcome.

why i should stop my freedom to stream, just because of my real ID in plugin, when i can fight against this the make my freedom mor valuable....just thinking

chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:15 pm It would violate the GDPR. And my feelings, to have my name printed on the behind of the device.
i have my name tattooed on my behind, in case im ever "lost and found". i should be easy to return :)

vurt wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:55 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:15 pm It would violate the GDPR. And my feelings, to have my name printed on the behind of the device.
i have my name tattooed on my behind, in case im ever "lost and found". i should be easy to return :)
Well, easy guess where you can plug in for online proof of ownership

jens wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:28 am Good info, TJ! It says a lot that the majority of folks participating in this thread argue that the OP has no point, while what he complains about apparently is even against the law at least in the EU (where a majority of the developers resides).
oops...that was not my intention :scared:

I think the user ID, his name, tel, blood type, credit card number etc. should be included in the sound the synth makes, a kind of audio watermark :hihi:
Last edited by e-crooner on Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Urs wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:01 am
jens wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:36 am
Personenbezogene Daten müssen

e) in einer Form gespeichert werden, die die Identifizierung der betroffenen Personen nur so lange ermöglicht, wie es für die Zwecke, für die sie verarbeitet werden, erforderlich ist
Da hast Du es schwarz auf weiß, Urs. Und man muss nun wirklich kein Anwalt sein, um zu verstehen, dass der Grund, den Du selbst dafür genannt hast, dass Du personenbezogene Daten auf Deinen Software-Oberflächen sichtbar machst, den hier genannten Bedingungen in keiner Weise und nicht im Entferntesten entspricht.
Das ist Quatsch. Die Information befindet sich auf dem Computer des Kunden. Wir nehmen keinen Einfluss darauf, wem dieser Kunde seinen Namen zeigt.

(Und da wir ja kostenlosen Support anbieten, müssen wir ja in der Lage sein, die Legitimität des Kunden zu überprüfen, und daraus ergibt sich ja ein klarer Zweck. Kann mir gar nicht vorstellen, wie jemand darauf kommt, dass dies nicht so wäre)
Nun ja es hat sich ja einiges getan, Viktor von u-he schrieb mich an. Ich versuche noch herauszufinden ob es sinnvoll ist hier ein Fass aufzumachen und jedem Dev ziemlich viel arbeit zu bescheeren, wenn ich hier reinschreibe wie man das ändern könnte...aber ich glaube das ist gut fürs Karma. Obwohl erwöhnt wurde ein Mail würde reichen...was auch stimmt.

u-he - Gott bewahre hier u-he zu piesacken es geht nur ums Prinzip und Verständnis !!!
Kurz zu dem Prozess der Information auf dem PC des Kunden.
Ich habe das DSGVO zeugs nicht im Original gelesen...aber das Plugin / der Code zeigt ja quasi
selbstständig die Informations an, zumindest im INIT Preset, für paar Sekunden. Es spricht doch nichts dagegen die Original Information im Plugin zu haben und nur auf Anfrage oder für den Prozess der Verarbeitung, preiszugeben, ohne dazu das Plugin selbst zu benutzen/ offen zu haben (kinda DSGVO, wenn diese schreibweise denn auch im kontext passt). Eine Identifizierung kann doch sicher ohne die visuelle Sichtung des Plugins stattfinden? Sonst würde man ja den Prozess und die Sinnhaftigkeit zum Schutz und zur Prävention auf die Situation "streaming" bzw. visuelle Sichtung beschränken. Das kann ja kaum der Sinn sein.

Ey, okay ich bin kein Coder oder so...bitte nicht böse sein ich hänge etwas hinterher mit den comments...cheers*
Last edited by NWSM on Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:42 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:37 pm
How so?
I think chk071 was very much tongue in cheek, considering the second sentence there. ;)
Yeah, I was just kidding. Should have added a wink to it. :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:54 am Except Urs has already consulted lawyers about this and the outcome is that it's not illegal what u-he is doing. If it were, you can bet they'd change it.
If that is true, in my case a got an option from the dev´s...i do not talk about yet...because its a secret.

Return to “Instruments”