Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

msvs wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:35 am In Avenger its me, doing that from the beginning on, checking every released preset to its tags to MY personal consistant feeling of the available tags.
You are very patient...42 tags available in Avenger for each preset to manually review and assign. :tu: Thanks for your work. I find Avenger's tagging very helpful.

yes, tagging and especially macro assigning takes longer than the preset design itself usually :D

So, have any of you changed your mind about paying $99 to upgrade to Nexus 4 to be able to use the new sound packs?

tony10000 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:32 am So, have any of you changed your mind about paying $99 to upgrade to Nexus 4 to be able to use the new sound packs?
No, and i regret that i bought N2 and upgraded to N3 in the past.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

tony10000 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:32 am So, have any of you changed your mind about paying $99 to upgrade to Nexus 4 to be able to use the new sound packs?
I have not.

I haven't either. Definitely would have purchased one or two N4 expansions but I won't be paying $99 for N4.

I haven't, although I like new expansions I'm not willing to spend $99 for the upgrade, maybe next time.

No change of mind for me, to be honest I dont miss N3 since I uninstalled.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

No here too.

In fact I’ve become a little more irritated since learning that the tagging system is AI generated, inadvertently blowing the excuse of why they haven’t tagged the older patches and libraries. We were always told it would be too big a job for them to do - now it is trivial. This should be a gift for everyone, something practical that makes Nexus a bit more useful in practice, and a bit of a peace offering to their bruised existing customers.

Maybe this will come, and not be exclusive to N4, but for now Manuel’s silence on the subject is a bit suspicious. It further cements reFX’s poor reputation. There are so many other more worthy beneficiaries of our money.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I am with you guys. I like N3 and have spent some $$$ on expansions. However, I am done investing in the platform because of them charging $99 for what should have been a free point upgrade. That decision has cost them $$$ and goodwill.

Likewise I am going to stick to Nexus4 and some expansions that I bought with it. And no more expansions for me in the future.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:52 am Likewise I am going to stick to Nexus4 and some expansions that I bought with it. And no more expansions for me in the future.
You mean Nexus 3?

I think, if Nexus4 would have been free update (or just a point update) then people would have bought new expansions and spend even more money than now asked 99e.

Now many people don’t want to spend money for the update & wont be buying new expansions since they don’t work with Nexus 3. This way Nexus is loosing money and customers have very bad taste for this whole thing…

ALSO: new customers who were thinking to buy Nexus and read about this thing might start to think “maybe I don’t want to invest to this after all”… So this is even more money loosing for nexus since new customers start to avoid this.

I mean this way Nexus is loosing real money and getting bad reputation that results to even more money loosing.

tony10000 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:55 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:52 am Likewise I am going to stick to Nexus4 and some expansions that I bought with it. And no more expansions for me in the future.
You mean Nexus 3?
No, I meant Nexus4. I am new to Nexus and when I was about to buy Nexus3, Nexus4 came out. So, for me there was no question about upgrading right now. But as I said, no upgrades or expansions in the future. It's too expensive and these sounds are not something I will be using extensively, so makes no sense to continue in the ecosystem.

That said, Vintage Synths is a nice expansion and the last one for me, and I consider it as a way to say thanks to Manuel for his great work.

Return to “Instruments”