DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Hello to everyone,

First of all, thanks for the gr3at work @moss 8) ! I've been looking for answers to my issue in this thread and other forums but with no success.

The thing is in Drum mode the pads do not send any data to Reaper. I've checked with JS:MIDILogger it doesn't log any signal from pads but only from keyboard. Custom Mode and Session Mode work ok both.

Controller: LaunchKey Mini MK3 - Firmware V1.1 Build 303
Reaper: V6.44 64bits
DBM: DBM 4 Reaper v15.3.0

I also tested the DrumMode with no DBM driver and it works ok. But I need the functionality of DBM.

MIDIIN2 and MIDIOUT2 are disabled.

Has anyone had this issue?

Great the thread is back!

Hi sir

On the fire controller, when recording automation using the user 1 knob section, should the parameter being recorded in realtime display on the bitwig track when we touch the knob corresponding to the parameter? For some reason my tracks always show the volume parameter while trying to record other parameters (ie filter cutoff). after recording I have to click the drop down to select the parameter that was captured to see the automation details. Is that how its supposed to work?

melodyz wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:35 am Hi sir

On the fire controller, when recording automation using the user 1 knob section, should the parameter being recorded in realtime display on the bitwig track when we touch the knob corresponding to the parameter? For some reason my tracks always show the volume parameter while trying to record other parameters (ie filter cutoff). after recording I have to click the drop down to select the parameter that was captured to see the automation details. Is that how its supposed to work?
The controller has no influence on what happens in the Bitwig UI. So, you should ask Bitwig support about it. I guess this is a feature request.

Hi I can't seem to get any luck with mapping my Roland A300 Pro. The keyboard to play notes works fine but not the faders and knobs, transport buttons. I've been trying different scripts and such, but no luck. I don't understand where to even look for in the scripts. I can get the response on screen from pressing keys but faders and knobs no.
I know for sure they keyboard is not faulty or anything. It shows on the keyboard's screen that everything is functioning when I move them around.
Any help appreciated
Edit: Found out that I needed 2 inputs instead of 1. 1 is for keys 2 for knobs and faders.

Hi,

Have installed latest Bitwig 4.1.3, for which is listed the fix:

- The exit function of controllers was not always called when quitting Bitwig Studio -

Am also now running DBM 15.3.0 (thanks Moss!).

Unf., I am still noticing with my LPP MK3 that upon leaving Bitwig the unit is not restored to it's own native mode (ala when it was powered up), and thus it is not possible to use the normal native procedure of button presses to turn the lights off without disconnecting the unit entirely.

Is this still an issue that is the result of Bitwig rather than DBM? Is there any hope for a fix at some future point?

Thanks for whatever info can be shared about this!

sj1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:46 pm Hi,

Have installed latest Bitwig 4.1.3, for which is listed the fix:

- The exit function of controllers was not always called when quitting Bitwig Studio -

Am also now running DBM 15.3.0 (thanks Moss!).

Unf., I am still noticing with my LPP MK3 that upon leaving Bitwig the unit is not restored to it's own native mode (ala when it was powered up), and thus it is not possible to use the normal native procedure of button presses to turn the lights off without disconnecting the unit entirely.

Is this still an issue that is the result of Bitwig rather than DBM? Is there any hope for a fix at some future point?

Thanks for whatever info can be shared about this!
I just did some restarts of Bitwig and it works fine for me. I tested on Windows 10. Do you run a different OS?

Hi. I'm on Windows 10 also.

When I power everything up from a cold start, LPP Mk3 is in it's native mode. If I press, say, the Note button then I see the pads light up as notes. Etc. Whenever I wish, I can press the small Setup button at the lower left and after that I have a display that allows me to press the lower-right-corner pad (which is blue) to turn off all the lights. This is what I will eventually want to do after a Bitwig/DBM session.

Then I have a Bitwig/DBM session. All seems to act as expected during this.

Then I quit Bitwig. The LPP remains lit as it was when I was still in Bitwig, and pressing the small Setup button at the lower left has no effect.

The only way I can fix this is to unplug the LPP Mk3 USB cord and then plug it back in.

If this same sequence of actions works for you and not for me, then I imagine something must be different between us.

I note that if I go to the Controller page in BItwig and turn off the DBM controller, it seems to go back to native mode just fine.

When I simply exit BItwig though, that doesn't happen.

I have a general flexi question. I mapped some controls of the akai mpk mini mk3 in bitwig, but sometimes the inbuild small screen says pgm: bitwig and sometimes pgm:mpc . The problem is I mapped them when the screen said pgm: bitwig.
When it is in mpc mode I dont see a option to change it to bitwig . Am I missing something ?

Also the values jump between the devices/device pages when the controller is set to immediate control. The mpk mk3 has endless rotarys. Is there a way to avoid this ? Thank you .

sj1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 pm I note that if I go to the Controller page in BItwig and turn off the DBM controller, it seems to go back to native mode just fine.

That's bad and sounds like it is still not fully fixed. Can you ensure that you are really running 4.1.3?

K82 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:12 am I have a general flexi question. I mapped some controls of the akai mpk mini mk3 in bitwig, but sometimes the inbuild small screen says pgm: bitwig and sometimes pgm:mpc . The problem is I mapped them when the screen said pgm: bitwig.
When it is in mpc mode I dont see a option to change it to bitwig . Am I missing something ?

Also the values jump between the devices/device pages when the controller is set to immediate control. The mpk mk3 has endless rotarys. Is there a way to avoid this ? Thank you .
Sorry, I do not have this device and cannot comment. Maybe some other user is here which can jump in.

moss wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:56 pm I just did some restarts of Bitwig and it works fine for me. I tested on Windows 10. Do you run a different OS?
i can confirm this issue on push2.
windows 10. sometimes it happens.

artsense wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:39 am
moss wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:56 pm I just did some restarts of Bitwig and it works fine for me. I tested on Windows 10. Do you run a different OS?
i can confirm this issue on push2.
windows 10. sometimes it happens.
Thanks for the info. Will report to Bitwig but it seems that this is a tough one...

moss wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:22 am
sj1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 pm I note that if I go to the Controller page in BItwig and turn off the DBM controller, it seems to go back to native mode just fine.

That's bad and sounds like it is still not fully fixed. Can you ensure that you are really running 4.1.3?
Bitwig - 4.1.3.jpg
Thanks for your replies Jürgen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Controller Scripting”