Please Welcome Our Brand New Plug-In: Blue Cat's Connector!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Connector

We are glad to announce Blue Cat's Connector, the virtual cable for your virtual studio!

Connector is a universal connection plug-in that can stream audio and MIDI in real time, between any locations that can load plug-ins, even on different machines connected to a network. It lets you create your own routings "in the box", without any extra cable, and with minimal latency!

Check it out!

[official announcement]

A few usage examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFwaTIO1uK0

You can of course do much more, it opens up lots of new possibilities!

Looks neat but does not show in iZotope RX7 because not identified as audio plugin. Any fix?

Looks interesting, can I assume that if it works across a network, it also works between applications on a single machine?

Also, does it support multiple parallel connections?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:42 pm Looks neat but does not show in iZotope RX7 because not identified as audio plugin. Any fix?
Have you installed the VST version?

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 pm Looks interesting, can I assume that if it works across a network, it also works between applications on a single machine?

Yes, it indeed works on a single machine too, between several apps, or inside a single app. You can use as many instances as you wish, to send audio and/or MIDI back and forth.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:53 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:45 pm Looks interesting, can I assume that if it works across a network, it also works between applications on a single machine?

Yes, it indeed works on a single machine too, between several apps, or inside a single app. You can use as many instances as you wish, to send audio and/or MIDI back and forth.
cheers. will definitely give this a go.

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:56 pm cheers. will definitely give this a go.
Have fun!

I assume this doesnt include access to the screen of a remote system; do you have a preferred solution for that ie one that minimises impact on Connector?

How does this compare to the free ReaStream plugin?

Will this solve the midi channel merging problem in Ableton Live?

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:51 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:42 pm Looks neat but does not show in iZotope RX7 because not identified as audio plugin. Any fix?
Have you installed the VST version?
Yep, RX doesn't recognise vst3. Same problem with Spectralayers

Do you plan to release this plugin in AAX 32 bit or RTAS for Mac OS? This would be a unique solution that would provide an opportunity to integrate old TDM systems with modern computers and software. I think it would be in demand. I will buy first if it happen!

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:15 pm I assume this doesnt include access to the screen of a remote system; do you have a preferred solution for that ie one that minimises impact on Connector?
Yes, it's audio only. If your network is strong enough, most remote control software should not impact the audio stream that much.

dmcsweeney wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:18 pm How does this compare to the free ReaStream plugin?
I do not have much experience with it as I could never get it to work fine at lower latencies, so it's hard to compare. Connector gives you more control over the connection, with precise visual feedback, and it has been working fine in most cases so far. It is available in most plug-in formats, on both Mac and PC.

You may want to give it a try and see how it works for you.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”