Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Back on topic, the Live 11 beta soon to be released is what has had me come back to Live. I've been fooling around behind Ableton's back with Bitwig and while I do love it's youthful beauty and athleticism, some of the features of Live have drawn me back in.

I'm more interested in the MIDI comping in Live than Bitwig's comping as a form of composition approach. Max/MSP allows SysEx dumps into Clips for hardware instruments, plus the pre built instrument and FX library is just much larger than the Grid. Jitter is a world into it's own when used with Lives movie hosting. Live gets some key commands for MIDI piano roll full screen, after 20 years! :roll: 8)

Anyway after years of stagnating I'm looking at Ableton getting some big things right.

That is interesting, hadn’t thought to check out Max’s Sysex and wider midi capabilities, presume it can send program changes too.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:40 am That is interesting, hadn’t thought to check out Max’s Sysex and wider midi capabilities, presume it can send program changes too.
Yep, it's actually been able to do that for a few years now - I use this m4l device for such things: https://www.maxforlive.com/library/devi ... ram-change

Any idea when will the 11.1 be released?

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm Any idea when will the 11.1 be released?
Probably pretty soon. The change logs for BETA releases are getting short.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:18 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:03 pm Any idea when will the 11.1 be released?
Probably pretty soon. The change logs for BETA releases are getting short.
That's great news - looking forward to the update. Reason is still broken on my machine, so Ableton Live is my space going forward. :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

billcarroll wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:18 pm...the change logs for BETA releases are getting short.
The one that came out today:

https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-11-beta/
11.1b12 Release Notes
Bugfixes:
General refinements for Live on Apple Silicon machines.
That's it :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Don't they normally call one RC before release? Either way I am happily using the beta only so no real rush!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

antic604 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:33 pm
billcarroll wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:18 pm...the change logs for BETA releases are getting short.
The one that came out today:

https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-11-beta/
11.1b12 Release Notes
Bugfixes:
General refinements for Live on Apple Silicon machines.
That's it :)
Makes me think of the word, "Imminent" :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Man... 11.1 seems to be an incredible amount of bug fixes. Like a MASSIVE amount! And here I thought RS was the only one struggling with releasing a non-buggy release! :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

There are still lots of M4L devices included in Suite which aren’t ported to ARM yet, so I’m doubtful a release is „imminent“.

ARM? Had no idea Live 11 supported ARM cpu's.

EnochLight wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 pm ARM? Had no idea Live 11 supported ARM cpu's.
11.x was all about ARM support. The reason I bought it (to be able to test the beta). Sold it because it just is not my cup of cake.
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

EnochLight wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 pm ARM? Had no idea Live 11 supported ARM cpu's.
I was too lazy to type out „Apple Silicon“ and too hip to use „M1“. :hihi:

nanostream wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:09 pm
I was too lazy to type out „Apple Silicon“ and too hip to use „M1“. :hihi:
Ahhh right - yeah Apple M1 support. Was going to say, if Ableton was going all in on actual ARM support, then holy hell that would change a lot of things! :o :lol:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”