Lazy developers exposed by Apple M1 transition (lack of native updates)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS 5

fmr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:03 pm I would love to see developers charging the "M1 whiners" for this Apple BS. Maybe then the Macoids would realize that the one to blame for is Apple, not the developers. Apple is always making (a lot of) money out of their "technological advancements" while the third party programmers take the burden of keep updating (most of the times, FOR FREE).
Developers would have to sell separate Windows and Mac versions. That wouldn’t go over very well. Or they would have to make a full version update and charge everyone. That also would not go over well. Maybe they could just update the Mac version to a paid version upgrade and leave Windows users a full version behind Mac. Wait, no, that wouldn’t go over very well either.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:48 pm I mean this.
Okay, I like the other one better.

Same here. :lol:

fmr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:03 pm I would love to see developers charging the "M1 whiners" for this Apple BS. Maybe then the Macoids would realize that the one to blame for is Apple, not the developers. Apple is always making (a lot of) money out of their "technological advancements" while the third party programmers take the burden of keep updating (most of the times, FOR FREE).
I wouldn’t mind really, if it were a sensible fee.

Maybe windows whiners should get upcharged for piracy then? (Alexey said that Mac users buy more)

jamcat wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:13 pm Maybe they could just update the Mac version to a paid version upgrade and leave Windows users a full version behind Mac. Wait, no, that wouldn’t go over very well either.
Why not? It's not like Windows user will bother about M1 compatibility :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

Ploki wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:00 pm Maybe windows whiners should get upcharged for piracy then? (Alexey said that Mac users buy more)
Right... Because piracy only exists in Windows. :roll:

And if there's anyone whining about it, it's the developers, not the users. I can't see why Windows users should be responsible for that :dog: :nutter:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:59 pm Right... Because piracy only exists in Windows. :roll:

And if there's anyone whining about it, it's the developers, not the users. I can't see why Windows users should be responsible for that :dog: :nutter:
Windows whiners should be responsible because more piracy = less money to spend on updates such as M1.
I mean, just because you whine about "other users" instead of devs, that doesn't make you a non-whiner.

Hey lets throw VST3 in this. Cubase users should be charged separately due to all VST3 bullshit.
And Pro Tools users for RTAS and now AAX.

You really are going to argue with some of these Windows users?

It;s like saying, well I don't use windows computers (I do but this is an example) so I shouldn't be paying for any developer's time used to develop a windows version of the plugins, so as a mac single platform user I should be paying get a discount on purchase price.

rsp
sound sculptist

Is this the:
A) 5 minute argument?
B) Half hour argument?
C) Eternal argument?
D) Fish argument?
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

whiny users exposed by posting on kvr :lol:

Bombadil wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:49 pm Is this the:
A) 5 minute argument?
B) Half hour argument?
C) Eternal argument?
D) Fish argument?
i pop in every few days just to fuel it for c :)

zvenx wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:08 pm You really are going to argue with some of these Windows users?

It;s like saying, well I don't use windows computers (I do but this is an example) so I shouldn't be paying for any developer's time used to develop a windows version of the plugins, so as a mac single platform user I should be paying get a discount on purchase price.

rsp
Oh, As a Windows user, I would really love that developers would develop separately for Windows and MacOS, and charge customers according to the time expended in developing for each platform :hihi:
Fernando (FMR)

I think you would last one week in business with that model :)
rsp
sound sculptist

fmr wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:27 am
Oh, As a Windows user, I would really love that developers would develop separately for Windows and MacOS, and charge customers according to the time expended in developing for each platform :hihi:
They should also account for all the lost sales due to piracy - much more prevalent on windows (because its simply easier to crack)

Ploki wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:31 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:27 am
They should also account for all the lost sales due to piracy - much more prevalent on windows (because its simply easier to crack)
That's a myth. Maybe there are more piracy in Windows (something that remains to be proven - I am really not an expert as apparently you are), but that's most probably due to the fact Windows is immeasurably more spread than macOS.

But the losses due to the mess Apple is constantly creating, those are very measurable and real.
Last edited by fmr on Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Effects”