VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

As own goals go it's right up there :lol:

I‘m glad that Viper is well and alive!
Works like a breeze on a modern Windows system-

Adam - please check the stability within NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine. I‘m getting sudden crashes within Cubase Pro 11.
This is particularly the case when I switch user NKS presets (created from Viper patches).

Feature wishes:

1. More sound with dry, fat analog classic character. As in the original Virus devices or in classic synths /workstations. Not always the same hardstyle presets as I can find already in Dune, Avenger etc.

2. A musical random button, as presented in the genius Tone 2 Warlock plugin. This would really make sense.

Thank you :-)

I moved to Mac Mini M1 and I miss my Viper license. :dog:
Too bad flowstone is just for Windows platform.

Syngularity wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:00 pm Adam - please check the stability within NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine. I‘m getting sudden crashes within Cubase Pro 11.
This is particularly the case when I switch user NKS presets (created from Viper patches).
Yes, I know about this and the new update which will come out soon, fixes this. This bug has been there for years, and it was extremely hard to track down, but it should not crash any more!
Syngularity wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:00 pm 1. More sound with dry, fat analog classic character. As in the original Virus devices or in classic synths /workstations. Not always the same hardstyle presets as I can find already in Dune, Avenger etc.
After the new update I will start releasing soundsets for viper which will have lots of new sounds. Also the new update will include the long awaited Virus preset import so you will have access to thousands of new sounds ;)
Syngularity wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:00 pm 2. A musical random button, as presented in the genius Tone 2 Warlock plugin. This would really make sense.
Thats a good idea, it could be something for the future. I am not an expert in these randomization, but in the mean time I think one can do it in the DAW itself. I know that FL Studio can randomize vst presets.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:03 pm After the new update I will start releasing soundsets for viper which will have lots of new sounds. Also the new update will include the long awaited Virus preset import so you will have access to thousands of new sounds ;)
Great about the preset import (so I could import my own hardware Virus B patches)!
As I wrote today on your FB page, I tried the TI Snow skin but honestly I still prefer your original default red-grey one.
But would be possible to have a skin with the panels colors of the default one and the light display combo (azure with black characters) of the TI Snow skin instead of the green display?
(Thanks in advance for any reply)
We are the true makers of our destiny.

Polarity wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:21 pm But would be possible to have a skin with the panels colors of the default one and the light display combo (azure with black characters) of the TI Snow skin instead of the green display?
(Thanks in advance for any reply)
Im not sure I follow the color combination you mentioned, perhaps you can make a mockup, but you are welcome to change the skins in any way you like. You can open the skin files in Photoshop and change the little square colors (on the bottom right) and experiment!

adamtrance wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:03 pm
Syngularity wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:00 pm Adam - please check the stability within NI Komplete Kontrol and Maschine. I‘m getting sudden crashes within Cubase Pro 11.
Yes, I know about this and the new update which will come out soon, fixes this. This bug has been there for years, and it was extremely hard to track down, but it should not crash any more!

After the new update I will start releasing soundsets for viper which will have lots of new sounds. Also the new update will include the long awaited Virus preset import so you will have access to thousands of new sounds ;)
Adam, does that bug fix specifically only apply to crashes when using NKS presets, because I get the crashes in Cubase 11 loading presets, but I don't use NKS presets?

Really looking forward to your new presets, and the virus preset import feature.
i7-9700, 32GB, 2TB Nvme, Win 11, Live 11 Suite

Rod Staples wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:09 pm Adam, does that bug fix specifically only apply to crashes when using NKS presets, because I get the crashes in Cubase 11 loading presets, but I don't use NKS presets?
Yes, it should hopefully fix any kind of preset change crash regardless of DAW

What about soundbank with famous Virus sound and pro made skin,that's what i miss with Viper.
It's one of most useful synths i have,but with these will be numero uno :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:20 am What about soundbank with famous Virus sound and pro made skin,that's what i miss with Viper.
It's one of most useful synths i have,but with these will be numero uno :)
Well, when you will be able to import Virus banks you will have access to a lot of "famous virus sounds". I dont know what you mean by "pro made" skin, but there are already virus skins you can use with Viper. They look pretty "pro" to me 8)

no offence,but unless you are pro graphic designer,can't be pro.
I'm not saying it's bad,just pro graphic designer will do more interesting stuff with colors so on.
Don't see how me,you or any user can make this better,than i guy who do it for living.
Just saying,don't get it personally,i like you stuff and use them,just miss some really inspirational skin :)
Cheers :)

i found the skin great

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:00 pm no offence,but unless you are pro graphic designer,can't be pro.
I'm not saying it's bad,just pro graphic designer will do more interesting stuff with colors so on.
Don't see how me,you or any user can make this better,than i guy who do it for living.
Just saying,don't get it personally,i like you stuff and use them,just miss some really inspirational skin :)
1) Pro is a vague term. If they are done by Adam, then they are definitely pro, as Adam got money for the job.
2) The default skin (red one) is pretty great, both good looking and usable. One of the top skins among synth skins by looking x usable
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Anyway i'm user as any other and have my opinion and desires,better skin will bring more attention and satisfy users better.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:00 pm no offence,but unless you are pro graphic designer,can't be pro.
As a graphic designer with 25 years of professional experience, I think Viper's skins look as thoroughly professional as anything else out there and a lot more professional than many. In fact, the look of the interface was the first thing that attracted me to the synth and you can't really ask for more than that.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”