UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hi Falconers. Do any of you know if there is a way (without being a LUA coder) to have a 'mod function maths operator' like a FUN on a Kurzweil. For example: To assign a math function to two input values to get an interesting output value? Like, CC20 is input A and CC 21 is input B. Then, for example, a math function is applied for an output value like: (A/B) + (B/4) = C ?

Unqlenol wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:26 pm Hi Falconers. Do any of you know if there is a way (without being a LUA coder) to have a 'mod function maths operator' like a FUN on a Kurzweil. For example: To assign a math function to two input values to get an interesting output value? Like, CC20 is input A and CC 21 is input B. Then, for example, a math function is applied for an output value like: (A/B) + (B/4) = C ?
I absolutely agree that modifiers / combinators for modulations would be an excellent addition.

I actually sent this as a feature request to UVI some time ago and the reply was "We have no intention to add this".
Even in Lua is not possible (or not in an elegant way).

That and true cross oscillator synthesis. Falcon's two elephants in the room.

Yeah would love to have some kind of osc-synthesis mixer module, in which I can mix in each result of the synthesis modules, but also mix in ring mod combinations of each, and also each sync combinations.

I was deep diving a bit my nova 2 va synth lately. It provides mix amounts for ringmod 1x3 and 2x3, and also fm mode for each. Important here is that it is an amount, not just binary. Also it seems to me that with increasing amount of a ringmod portion, this portion sounds brighter and brighter. So similar to a pre gain infront of fm. This makes the ringmod very interesting here, and produces really good sounding fm like sounds, but you just add overtones to the original raw Osc output.

digitallysane wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:30 pm Even in Lua is not possible (or not in an elegant way).
It is entirely possible to do FUN based stuff on MIDI CC input in Falcon's Lua script. Then you can output this into the instrument as a modulator (using Script Event Modulation modulator at Program or Layer levels).

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:25 pm
digitallysane wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:30 pm Even in Lua is not possible (or not in an elegant way).
It is entirely possible to do FUN based stuff on MIDI CC input in Falcon's Lua script. Then you can output this into the instrument as a modulator (using Script Event Modulation modulator at Program or Layer levels).
But I wasn't talking about MIDI CC but about modulat(ion/ors) in general.
Your reply to that (which proved to be true) was this:
EvilDragon wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:27 pm I don't think you can get the output of modulators inside UVIScript, no.

Yeah, true, you cannot do this with internal modulators.

Falcon factory 2.5.2 has been released. I can't find any release notes, does anyone know what it includes to be nearly a 1 Gig download?

It's not 1 gig, it's 650 MB (far from "nearly").

Release notes are always found here: https://www.uvi.net/index.php?controller=my-products

@EvilDragon Falcon Factory is indeed nearly 1Go. You think about Falcon Resources.
Point release are bug fixes in presets.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

Ahhh right, yes. Haven't woken up properly just yet apparently :lol:

Lairyboy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:25 am Falcon factory 2.5.2 has been released. I can't find any release notes, does anyone know what it includes to be nearly a 1 Gig download?
We're at 2.5.3 now.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:48 pm
Lairyboy wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:25 am Falcon factory 2.5.2 has been released. I can't find any release notes, does anyone know what it includes to be nearly a 1 Gig download?
We're at 2.5.3 now.
read his post again "Falcon factory" - i made the same mistake. he's asking about the factory library.

dayjob wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:16 pm
We're at 2.5.3 now.
read his post again "Falcon factory" - i made the same mistake. he's asking about the factory library.
Oops, sorry.

Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:17 pm
dayjob wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:16 pm
We're at 2.5.3 now.
Oops, sorry.
no sorry needed.. i made same mistake as you. my brain goes into weird dyslexic zone on forums sometimes. so it goes...

anyway.. i couldn't find release notes anywhere and didn't pay attention when i installed the update to the factory to see if there's any info about what's new/different.

Return to “Instruments”