Contest: January "1min 30 sec" speed crash"” Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:00 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:38 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:56 am So I take it the song can't be longer than 1:30. Correct?
Say so in teh rooolz..

You entering Wags? Might try and drag myself out of the lazy zone. The cricket starts again soon, but given England's previous efforts I doubt that will distract me for very long. :hihi:
Yeah, I'm actually thinking of giving this a shot.
you get extra points from me, for ignoring the cricket. :clap:

folderol wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:27 pm In days gone by folks used to try and get exactly the specified limit, with the understanding that they'd be disqualified if they went more than a second over the limit. Scoops gave that 1sec grace as different mp3 players can produce slight variations on time.

in days gone by, i think it mattered more.
there was little to no streaming, so it was all download, plus a lot more entries. as many people had limits on downloads, it was only fair to limit the time and bitrate iirc of the entries.
now with streaming, you hear 30 seconds of a piece of mine, you know if you like it enough to continue or not... (for once, im well under :o )

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:46 pm
folderol wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:27 pm In days gone by folks used to try and get exactly the specified limit, with the understanding that they'd be disqualified if they went more than a second over the limit. Scoops gave that 1sec grace as different mp3 players can produce slight variations on time.

in days gone by, i think it mattered more.
there was little to no streaming, so it was all download, plus a lot more entries. as many people had limits on downloads, it was only fair to limit the time and bitrate iirc of the entries.
now with streaming, you hear 30 seconds of a piece of mine, you know if you like it enough to continue or not... (for once, im well under :o )
Good points, but I thought it was more to do with listener fatigue (surely not!) - as you say, there were a lot more entries :)

Oh, and I'm hoping to get something in for this month too.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:47 am ...

Oh, and I'm hoping to get something in for this month too.

let's get on with it :wink:

Close to two minutes, and speeding it down to 1:30 makes a ruin. I think January won't happen.

But nevermind, at least I got the deepbach set up with musescore and linux.

harvon wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:42 pm Close to two minutes, and speeding it down to 1:30 makes a ruin. I think January won't happen.

Chop of last 30 sec of song, would fit the theme perfectly.

Because if you are in a crash musically or literally doesn't mean you got to finish your destination.

Hellfog wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:28 pm
harvon wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:42 pm Close to two minutes, and speeding it down to 1:30 makes a ruin. I think January won't happen.

Chop of last 30 sec of song, would fit the theme perfectly.

Because if you are in a crash musically or literally doesn't mean you got to finish your destination.
That thougth wouldn't have appeared in my mind! The brutality of maiming a song...

The official contest version can be found where it belongs, and here is the full length uncut version.

Full_length.mp3

I might get something finished this month.

Norf 'n Souf are back, with a slightly different angle :D
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

"Norf 'n Souf are back, with a slightly different angle"
Yes indeed.
Nice to team up with you again, Will.
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

ARRGGH - working up a piece with only 90 seconds of sound is a bitch

gotta go hack it further . . .
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

February gossip?

Mister Natural wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:29 am ARRGGH - working up a piece with only 90 seconds of sound is a bitch

gotta go hack it further . . .
<Yorkshire mode>
When I were a wee laddie, we only 'ad 20 seconds, and in that time we also 'ad to build our instruments from timber planks.

The Noodlist wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:48 pm February gossip?
i heard, february, has been playing away from home.

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:36 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:48 pm February gossip?
i heard, february, has been playing away from home.
With June?

Return to “Music Cafe”