The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes,
Now listening to 'Valentine': I could seriously picture Elton John performing this song (I even see Elton's eyebrow twitching as he often does while singing); he was one of my favorites in the 70's. Nice melodies all around as usual. Nice piano. The background vocal synth thing reminded me of an Elton John song, like he did more than once with the high pitch layered background vocals. Very nice song once again! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Thanks for the listens and the feedback Aaron. You have a great New Year too. I expect lots of music from you. LOL.

CD "The Zodiac Crimes"

Been listening through it all...

VERY different from all those memorable melodies you normal create!!!

Some seriously interesting textural things going on here...

Enjoyed them all, but for whatever reason, Capricorn particularly grabbed me...shades of some of Vangelis' early experimental moments maybe?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:11 pm CD "The Zodiac Crimes"

Been listening through it all...

VERY different from all those memorable melodies you normal create!!!

Some seriously interesting textural things going on here...

Enjoyed them all, but for whatever reason, Capricorn particularly grabbed me...shades of some of Vangelis' early experimental moments maybe?
Every once in a while I summon my alter ego (Kraftwerk, Tangerine Dream, etc.) and do stuff without trying to write a sugary, pop masterpiece.

It's fun...Just not for a steady diet.

Thanks for the listen and the feedback. Much appreciated.

This Ain't No Easter Island
Pleasant to listen to well done synth pop.I liked the song. Good mix and sounds

markkuja wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:49 pm This Ain't No Easter Island
Pleasant to listen to well done synth pop.I liked the song. Good mix and sounds
Thanks Mark. Appreciate the listen and the feedback.

Old Bubble Gum from 2010. Bad mix and all. But another catchy Wagtune.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... little-bit

Easter Island
Good one, with a message too.
Liked the chords in the chorus, and the vocal melody.
I'm not sure about the last two lines in the chorus though in terms of vocal melody, "...of sin". Hmmm, maybe I'll have to listen to it more.
Sorry, Bend A Little didn't do much for me. Easter Island was way better.

Bansaw wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:32 am Easter Island
Good one, with a message too.
Liked the chords in the chorus, and the vocal melody.
I'm not sure about the last two lines in the chorus though in terms of vocal melody, "...of sin". Hmmm, maybe I'll have to listen to it more.
Sorry, Bend A Little didn't do much for me. Easter Island was way better.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback.

Easter Island, had a lot of trouble with the lyrics on this one. Lots of rewrites. Bend is an old tune so no surprises there. Thought it was kind of catchy but eh, who knows. Probably should have just left it in the dust bin. Every once in a while I crack open an oldie. Sometimes I lay an egg. It happens.

I'm finishing up Mother's Day but I'm having trouble with the lyrics on that one too. Holidays in general are turning out to be a challenge lyrically. Not sure why. Just are.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:24 am Looks like you have a majority of people who voted "Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It"

What makes you ignore that and continue on? Lots would just leave the forum by now.
Simple. I'm actually a published songwriter earning royalties so quite honestly, I don't really give a crap what the haters think.

Plus, I put that option there to troll the forum.

I think I succeeded.

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Synthack wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:30 am
wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:28 am
Synthack wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:24 am Looks like you have a majority of people who voted "Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It"

What makes you ignore that and continue on? Lots would just leave the forum by now.
Simple. I'm actually a published songwriter earning royalties so quite honestly, I don't really give a crap what the haters think.

Plus, I put that option there to troll the forum.

I think I succeeded.
Nice that you were able to make some money! Could be a majority of the haters are just EDM kids who think it's all got to be Trance or whatever annoying EDM genre is out there.
Actually, it's all the people in this forum who I managed to piss off over the years. LOL.

wagtunes wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:34 am Actually, it's all the people in this forum who I managed to piss off over the years. LOL.
Ha! Keep on keepin' on my friend :clap:
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Greetings bubblegum king...I listened to a few tracks, but Easter island stands out - great little pop number, I enjoyed it.

Return to “Music Cafe”