Massive X 1.4 update!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Massive X Quarantine - Massive X Presets

Of course it does. Logic plays stuff that you dont record with 1024, and what is live at your set buffer. You dont need all voices at buffer 64 just the one you’re doing live input with

Sure and I'm saying you can have patches that require those thousands of voices on live input, at which point RAM preload definitely matters.

I'm not even sure a plugin can even know if it's on an armed track or not (it can only know if it's doing an offline render or not, but that's something else), so it has to behave opaquely to the outside. Which means streaming requirements for a softsampler are the same whether the track is armed or not.

Anyways, we kinda went offtopic there. :)

yes :) good talk anyway

I set Kontakt to 6kB (samples on Crucial P5 NVME), and Cubase was dropping plenty of notes/samples in offline export. Waaay more often than during real-time playback. I wonder why.

dannyhawaii wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:17 am
dayjob wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:52 am but it doesn't work w/apple silicon and monterey.
Works fine with Rosetta.
not for me. doesn't pass AU validation in logic, won't load in any other host for me. could be because i'm on macOS 12.01

edit: i started logic in rosetta to get a bunch of plug ins to pass validation. that worked for a bunch of them and massive X passed but says "not authorized". when i start it natively it it says "could not be opened".

i'll see if i can reinstall it or something to get it to go through the process. it's weird though.

edit edit: reinstalling via native access sorted it out. works fine now. I thought i'd jumped through all the necessary hoops to get things sorted for monterey but i think using Migration Assistant must have corrupted the authorization some how. otherwise everything is right where it needs to be.

hopefully we get more native versions of things sooner rather than later.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lol, seriously. Looks like we are done with any substantial improvements for Massive X. Anyway, I love how it sounds and that's enough for me. Anything they will add/improve will just be a bonus now.

All I need now is a resizable GUI for Super 8. I hope to see it sooner than later. I wonder if EvilDragon has any insight here.

they should make massive X open source... best present ever , it feel like ni is finished

Is that for real? I haven't updated recently. Is that ever an indicator of what's to come, eh?

MassiveX could have been one of the most impressive softsynths ever if they sorted out the UX issues.
Vortifex wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:02 pm Latest version list of changes:

IMPROVED: User experience for subscription

lol...

Wish they'd at least fix the dang preset browser. The original Massive had a perfectly fine browser and Guitar Rig 6 has a very nice one as well but somehow they thought it was okay to release their new flagship synth with literally the worst excuse for a browser I've ever seen.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Browser overhaul is definitely happening, that's all I can say.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:23 am Browser overhaul is definitely happening, that's all I can say.
Do you have any idea when they might start overhauling the management ?

Firing some of the "experts" at the top of the totem pole and re-hiring a few good coders would be the smartest move that Native Instruments has made in quite a while :wink:
No auto tune...

There are plenty of great programmers at NI.:)

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:23 am Browser overhaul is definitely happening, that's all I can say.
Thats really good to hear!
I like Massive X in general and a browser with useful preset management (favorite and filter by favorites) is all that I really miss!

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:42 pm There are plenty of great programmers at NI.:)
OK...so they don't need to hire any more...

That makes it much easier...

Just fire the suits at the top of the totem pole....

Or just set fire to the pole :wink:
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”