Wotja 22 - Generative Music App & Plug-in Host (Free, Pro; AUv3 / VST3)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Wotja 22 Pro Wotja: Generative Music System

JamminFool wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:32 am hi pete,

i also noticed the early-bird special pricing is gone. i thought you would announce the end of the special pricing once the early issues were worked out. did i miss it?
Hi! Sorry about that - really. Tim and I simply forgot to announce it :dog:

Best wishes, Pete

zzz00m wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:20 am
courtjestr wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:53 pm It seems like when I load an external plugin, audio is not longer generated by the internal synths. But lets say I am working with a mix. I am happy with all the sounds, except that I want to replace an internal synth with Pigments. How would I do that?
I think Peter explained the reasoning for that earlier in this thread. I cannot recall which page it was on.
Hi! And thanks for asking. There are deep technical reasons for things working as they do.

VST3/AUv3 plug-ins cannot be "injected" into the internals of the "internal" Wotja Synth/FX chains, as they're just too heavyweight: our built-in synth and FX units are ultra-efficient. Our built-in synths are aware of the internal polyphony processing requirements within Wotja - no VST ever would be. There is probably other stuff too, but: there are lots of reasons.

Therefore, the "hosted plug-ins" side of things was added by me as a kind "post process" in the Wotja modular FX processing system; where you can route your Wotja MIDI and/or Audio very flexibly, to work with your hosted VST3/AUv3; hopefully with enough flexibility to deal with *most* requirements.

So, you still have many options:
- use Wotja as a MIDI generator (VST/app)
- use Wotja as an Audio Generator (VST/App) using Wotja's internal Synths/FX
- use Wotja app a plug-in host using Wotja's internal Synths/FX and/or any hosted VSTs you want.

But again: the bottom line is that iit is just the way we've had to architect things, and there is no way we can alter the way it works for many technical reasons.

Pete

enCiphered wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:34 pm Hello Pete,

I have bought the Pro version for my main computer, a windows machine. I would like to install Wotja 22 on my Mac laptop as well, which is my mobile working solution. How can I use the license for Wotja on a second machine? Do I have to buy it again from the Apple store?
Hi! Yes, I'm afraid that is they way things work with the various app stores. They're completely walled gardens, and we have no way to know who are customers are from any store (it is all entirely anonymised).

The Apple "app" is Universal; so if you have it for macOS, you also have it for iOS (and even a player for tvOS!) in the same purchase.

With best wishes, Pete

ValliSoftware wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:10 pm Thanks Pete.
I followed your instructions and got them into my Wotja 22 Pro. :D
Wotja Flow Updated.png
Hi! I know this is too late to help you :), but we've created a zip of the old Flows for anybody else who wants them.

https://intermorphic.com/help/#content-rp-21-6

With best wishes, Pete

impete wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:23 am

I have bought the Pro version for my main computer, a windows machine. I would like to install Wotja 22 on my Mac laptop as well, which is my mobile working solution. How can I use the license for Wotja on a second machine? Do I have to buy it again from the Apple store?
Hi! Yes, I'm afraid that is they way things work with the various app stores. They're completely walled gardens, and we have no way to know who are customers are from any store (it is all entirely anonymised).

The Apple "app" is Universal; so if you have it for macOS, you also have it for iOS (and even a player for tvOS!) in the same purchase.

With best wishes, Pete
Wow, bummer! What a customer unfriendly solution for people working with different systems. I mean, its not like I couldn´t send you my invoice from the microsoft store as a proof..

enCiphered wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:46 am Wow, bummer! What a customer unfriendly solution for people working with different systems. I mean, its not like I couldn´t send you my invoice from the microsoft store as a proof..
Hi, and sorry to hear you're not happy with the way things are in this regard.

I can but point you to our FAQ on this particular topic:

https://intermorphic.com/help/#platform-variants

With best wishes, Pete

I sympathize with the situation, but at the same time, the price is ridiculously low for what you get.

Musical Gym wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:56 am I sympathize with the situation, but at the same time, the price is ridiculously low for what you get.
^^^^ This

enCiphered wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:46 am
impete wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:23 am

With best wishes, Pete
Wow, bummer! What a customer unfriendly solution for people working with different systems. I mean, its not like I couldn´t send you my invoice from the microsoft store as a proof..
While I do understand your situation, do you realize that this is not the developer's fault? It is just the way the app stores work, and he has no control over that.

This is not a big company, in fact it's only two people (1 dev), so managing their own store is not practical.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Here is an screen grab that I made to show a simple arrangement with Waveform 11 Pro and Wotja 22.0.10 Pro. This is with the Waveform Experimental Engine switched "off".

No racks were used here, just Wotja VST3 on track 1 and Philharmonik 2 on track 2. This instrument plugin is multi-timbral and I set it up to receive MIDI from Wotja on MIDI channels 1-4. Each of the 4 instruments is assigned to receive a specific MIDI channel. As you can see on the MIDI monitors, the MIDI data stream contains data for all 4 MIDI channels, and the audio meters indicate that all four instruments are playing, with each responding only to their selected channel.

However, using the above example, I could not get Waveform 11 Pro and the new Wotja 22.0.11 Pro to play more than a few notes before the MIDI stopped being routed. I tried it with the Experimental Engine both off & on.

very interesting. i no longer have access to 22.0.10 so i cannot verify. did you try it with 22.0.11?

and did you try it with the Experimental Engine turned on?

oh i see now that you did. we cross-posted. :)

so yeah, still not working quite right. hoping for a fix soon. i already missed out on the early-bird special waiting for it to work. :cry:

JamminFool wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:40 pm very interesting. i no longer have access to 22.0.10 so i cannot verify. did you try it with 22.0.11?

and did you try it with the Experimental Engine turned on?
Yep, we cross posted. The point is that 22.0.11 no longer routes MIDI properly even with the Experimental Engine turned off. That part was working fine in 22.0.10.

The only slight improvement I see in 22.0.11 is that a few notes of MIDI come through at first with the Experimental Engine Turned on, then it stops playing. Visible on the MIDI monitor. Before there was absolutely nothing routing, so progress!

in my example, I could only get midi on channel 1 and only with the experimental engine off. nothing at all with the experimental engine on.

Return to “Instruments”