Emergence granulator v0.3 released! - grain pitch quantization, improved randomization and stereo processing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Emergence

Hey everyone!

Version v0.3 adds stereo processing, grain pitch quantization, and new random modulators with frequency and probability controls.

https://youtu.be/mW9ueyHxNDs

If you find a bug please report it here and include the following information.
This helps me a lot to fix any potential issues faster. Thanks.
- Expected behaviour
- Current behaviour
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- OS version
- Name and version of your DAW
- Buffer size and track configuration
- Screenshot or video (if relevant)

Let me know what you think!
What would you like to see in the next update?

If you like the plugin you can support my work here:
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/daniel_gergely
buymeacoffee: https://buymeacoffee.com/danielgergely

---

Changelog:
- Audio
-- True stereo processing: both input channels are kept for dry and buffer signals
-- Add Balance knob for each stream to control which input channel is played by the grains
- UI
-- Improve waveform drawing
-- Add buttons to quantize grain pitch
- Modulation
-- Add frequency and probability controls for random modulators
-- Add an additional random modulator
Emergence: granular effect plugin for mac and windows | reaper_command_palette | patreon | youtube | newsletter

Awesome, trying the new features out later today!

edit: stellar update. Thank you so much!
Last edited by Agreed on Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Probably my favourite granular plugin right now. Kudos.

@daniel_ Really great work!! Emergence is very effective at creating complex-sounding and evolving textures with surprisingly little effort. I hope enough people are supporting you so that this excellent effect will continue to see active development. Cheers!! :tu:

I just briefly tried out Emergence on my macPOS 10.14 Reaper 6 AU system. One comment about the GUI resizing: I selected 150% but then the GUI was too tall for my screen and I was not able to get to the top of GUI to adjust the size down. Not knowing how else to deal with this I had to find the Application Support folder and delete it and hope it would work. It did, reset back to 100%. It would be good to account for this use-case and have a UI element that will always be avalable in these situations.

this one looks lovely :D

Oh, interesting. Will def check this out. 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thank you all for the feedback!

plexuss wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:53 pm I just briefly tried out Emergence on my macPOS 10.14 Reaper 6 AU system. One comment about the GUI resizing: I selected 150% but then the GUI was too tall for my screen and I was not able to get to the top of GUI to adjust the size down. Not knowing how else to deal with this I had to find the Application Support folder and delete it and hope it would work. It did, reset back to 100%. It would be good to account for this use-case and have a UI element that will always be avalable in these situations.
Thanks for pointing this out, I think I can figure something out to avoid this.
(There is indeed a configuration file that stores this setting. Currently it is not used for anything else so it's okay to just delete it, but this might change with future updates)
Emergence: granular effect plugin for mac and windows | reaper_command_palette | patreon | youtube | newsletter

Hey daniel_ your release is amazing but unfortunately my M1 with OSX 12.1 says that he can't open the AU: “Emergence.component” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

I have tried to allow in the security settings but doesn't work. hope you can help me :)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:24 pm Hey daniel_ your release is amazing but unfortunately my M1 with OSX 12.1 says that he can't open the AU: “Emergence.component” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

I have tried to allow in the security settings but doesn't work. hope you can help me :)
Read the txt file that comes with it - you have to do some stuff in terminal to clear it with MacOS security

Aaaaah thanks, forgot to read :)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Just updated the post with the same instructions, hopefully this will make it easier to find
https://www.patreon.com/posts/emergence-v0-3-61501395

Honestly I didn't want to deal with all the extra steps apple requires you to do in order to properly sign/notarize the plugin before getting some feedback.
If there is interest and support for the project then maybe I'll look into it to make things more user-friendly

Update: v0.3.1 released!

The new version comes with some cool new features and fixes some minor issues.

Here is the full list:
  • Modulation:
    • Add button to toggle between unipolar / bipolar modulation
    • Add buttons for triggering and clearing randomization manually
    • Make macro names editable and save custom names in project/presets
  • UI:
    • Limit GUI size to fit on display when resized
  • macOS:
    • Fix randomizer when running under rosetta and frequency is set to 0.0
If you find a bug
Please report it here or send me a PM. Thanks!

Plans for the next update:
  • Multi out: each stream having a dedicated stereo output opening up possibilities to further process the output of each individual grain stream through your custom signal chains.
  • A properly signed and notarized installer for macOS. This will make the install/update process much more user friendly.
Thank you to everyone who decided to support the project so far either on itch or Patreon.

Download the latest version HERE

Nice, thanks!

Hi!

This update contains fixes for the issues reported in v0.3.1:
  • Fix potential crash seen in some hosts
  • Copying stream parameters now correctly copies the value and modulation of the Balance parameter
  • Fix occasional pops and clicks in grain output
If you find a bug please report it in the discussion forum here. Thanks!

Most of my time is spent on new features planned for v1.0, currently working on adding ADSR control for grain envelopes which is probably the most often requested feature for the plugin.
If you are interested you can also check out the latest beta version here.
If you have any other requests or suggestions please let me know here!

Thank you to everyone who decided to support the project so far either on itch or Patreon.

You can download the new version here

Return to “Effects”