Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody has any experience with selling Tone2 synths bought via Best Service?
Tone2 doesn't allow license transfers bought via 3rd parties but what if I just sell the codes I received in my Best Service account (or basically transfer my complete Best Service account because those are the only two products in there)? Problem is that with the Best Service code you'll get a key from Tone2 to activate the full version and there is where it could get messy...

please delete
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

please delete

To all sellers of Exponential Audio plugins.

Now that they are under Izotope's license, the transfer is free: https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... fer-Policy

With the online chat in the link, I have just transferred my license of Excalibur in minutes. Great and fast support. No need to pay the iLok transfer fees!

fairlyclose wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am Klevgrand have stopped allowing transfers - apparently their system was getting abused so they stopped - which is a bit sad as they are a friendly bunch doing interesting things
That´s sad stuff :(

JNS WRNHD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:40 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:41 am Klevgrand have stopped allowing transfers - apparently their system was getting abused so they stopped - which is a bit sad as they are a friendly bunch doing interesting things
That´s sad stuff :(
I'd avoid their stuff because of this, that said I have own GOTO EQ and no longer use it. I would have transferred it given the chance.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Are there any issues with Native Intruments account takeovers? I see sellers doing this with other companies sometimes but can't find anyone doing it with them. It does seem possible to change all your details though..

Mumdad wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:07 pm Are there any issues with Native Intruments account takeovers? I see sellers doing this with other companies sometimes but can't find anyone doing it with them. It does seem possible to change all your details though..
The main issue would be if, Native Instruments in this case, or the developer in general, find out you have transferred your account to somebody else. Since the new "owner" wouldn't be the legal owner, the developer might remove the account without notice.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Yeah I suppose with them being a bigger company the likelihood of them taking exception to it is higher. I've had smaller developers actually suggest selling the account rather than the license though so policies obviously vary an awful lot!

I figured the fact I couldn't find many examples probably told it's own story.

AFAIK, there is no fee to transfer NI products and you can sort of bulk transfer them, so I don't see much upside in doing an account transfer. As has been pointed out, there is a downside.

Does anyone know if Plugin Alliance allows account takeovers? Curious if anyone 🤔 has any experience with PA on this?

How does Plug In boutique handle license transfers and is it resolved expediently? Thanks

Waldorf, AAS, Reason Studios, and Imaginando do not have fees for license transfers. Plogue has a transfer fee that's around $25, KV331 has a $15 fee for each product, and companies that use iLok such as Eventide require a $25 fee for at least one license. The first Cherry Audio license transfer is free, but the rest each require a $10 fee. I made $20 of free money by using my rewards money to get Quadra on Plugin Boutique for $10. Then I sold it on KnobCloud for twice the amount.

Anyone know if Three Body Technology allows license transfers?

What you guys think of this?
UsedSoft, a German company that sells second-hand software, was buying and reselling Oracle software licenses from Oracle's customers, either whole or in part—these were group licenses for 25 users, so customers were sometimes left with "spare" seats they didn't need. The German firm was then reselling these licenses to its customers, who could use them to download Oracle's products.

Oracle pointed out that its license terms said use of the programs was non-transferable. It sued UsedSoft and won twice in Germany, before the reseller appealed to the ECJ.

The crux of the ECJ's ruling was this: once the copyright holder of the software (Oracle in this case) has sold the product, it doesn't get to stop the buyer from selling it on as she wishes. Its rights as the seller are "exhausted" in that first sale. In Europe, this is known as the "principle of exhaustion"; in the US, it's called the "first-sale doctrine."

That decision became a landmark interpretation of the EU's 2009 Software Directive. The directive clearly said the principle of exhaustion applied to a purchased copy of software. However, before the ECJ's ruling, there was some debate over whether this applied to "intangible" downloaded software as well as more traditionally packaged products.

As is the norm these days, Oracle claimed it sold not the software but the license to use it. The court was unimpressed by this argument, noting that there is no point downloading something if you can’t use it, and calling the software-license bundle "an indivisible whole." It said the principle of exhaustion was not limited to copies of software sold on physical media, and vindicated UsedSoft's business model—up to a point.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”