E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, I did another system restore... and that didn't fix it. I'm still getting the same error when I try to install the drivers. :( My entire system is screwed at the moment.

Jasonite10 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:34 am
fusercy wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:10 pm Try and uninstall the whole thing and do a clean install by following the instructions. I got it working with Windows 11 but im using a pci-express to pcmcia adapter and use the pcmcia version of the card, and since the windows 11 upgrade im getting dpc watchdog violation bsods on rebooing that randomly end up going away, but I will test it with the pci-e version of the 0404 these coming days and post back. Im on an x99 mobo, E5 xeon octacore.
Also consider switching pci slots.
I can't figure out how to uninstall what started, it seems like it's in progress, but I can't find anything in my system that was updated. :(

Now I'm stuck where it thinks I'm mid-install (because of the bsod, I guess) and I don't know how to 'clear' it.
what if you try an uninstaller app that finds installation remnants etc, also if you can find the EMU in the device manager (make sure you have "show hidden devices" enabled) and Uninstall drivers (don't forget the checkbox).

Went through 4 different uninstallers. Besides of each of them being 'free' they all ultimately wanted me to pay for their services... and even though one of them did a partial cleanup... it didn't fix the problem.

I may have to stick a brand new computer in the corner and go back to my old rig while this gets sorted, which really, really sucks.

Psyc0ma wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:03 pm I am experiencing a problem with the volume control of the monitor. Now it has nothing to do with the volume of Windows.

What I just haven't tried - the advice from this topic is to put APP 2_10 then 2_20. I was digging in the registry in search of how PatchMix is related to the volume of the Windows mixer.

Tested on different PCs. All the same

I downloaded SoundVolumeView and saw that Monitor Out (Subunit) the volume value as a percentage changes when I turn the Monitor Volume knob in Patchmix.
Then I don't understand what is the reason? There may be a difference in piaproxy.dll 64 and 32 in Patchmix.

HELP IS VERY NECESSARY. Let's figure it out together.
For help, I promise to make a normal installer for these drivers.
I also wonder if I could figure out the issue. Currently in my setup, the monitor volume of E-MU Patchimix DSP is linked with the speaker volume of the taskbar, but it was not linked until a while ago. I haven't changed anything. Previously, the speaker volume on the taskbar would have controlled the output of the kernel mixer. I installed the following drivers.

EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe
EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe

If this works reliably, I would like to control the monitor volume with a USB volume controller. It will lose less sound quality than analog volume / mixer in the fine-tuning range.

Hi, guys.
I have E-Mu 1820M and finally switched to different interface.
I would like to sell my 1820M.
It's super clean and works fine.
I will additionally include:

- 3’ long S/PDIF Optical Cable
- PCI-E to dual PCI Internal adapter card (so that you can install in modern desktops)
- SATA to MOLEX adapter for internal E-MU PCI card power
- CDR with drivers and software compatible with WIN 7 and WIN 10.

It comes in original box with all documentation and original installation CDs

Asking $200 + shipping for the whole package.

I can confirm that emu 1616-m pci-expess version (i moved on from the pci-e to pcmcia adapter) works without any booting bsod issues on Windows 11 (with latest updates).
I did not test ASIO performance/latency.
Drivers were installed based on instructions from first post of this thread.

With the instructions on first post, I was able to install an EMU 1616M PCMCIA in a new
ASUS Pro B460M-C/CSM motherboard wich has ONE PCI slot vía a PCMCIA to PCI adapter.
And it works fine. This motherboard has the ASM 1083 chip to drive the PCI slot.
The EMU was recognized without any intervention.

For me the given instruction did not work, because my device was recognized as "Multimedia Audio Controller", this made unable to run .\Emu_Driver_Fix.ps1 and installing EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe did not work throwing error "Emu drivers are already latest on this computer" even though it was fresh installation.

So what I did is:

1. Extract using 7-zip EmuPMX_PCDrv_US_2_30_00_BETA.exe (don't execute the .exe)
2. Now, go to Device Manager and look for Multimedia Audio Controller device, double click and pick Update drivers button, browse on your computer to the extracted files from first step.
3. Now it should find the drivers and recognize the EMU, so it's no longer a Multimedia Audio Controller.
4. Then I have installed EmuPMX_PCApp_US_2_20_00.exe that contains PatchMix app.
5. Finally I opened PowerShell with Admin and executed .\Emu_Driver_Fix.ps1 and voila! It started to work.

I did not have to go to safe mode and this works on Windows 11.

Many thanks to all of you who are still fighting to have this card up and running!

Did anyone manage to map individual patchmix knobs to the windows sound control slider (Win 7/10/11) ?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I have a 0404pci, I did all the procedures and I'm having the problem presented in this print. Can someone help me?
Print: https://postimg.cc/B8r7BFRr (https://postimg.cc/B8r7BFRr)

You probably did not follow the procedure !!! I installed it for E-MU 1616M PCI-e on Windows 11 Pro x64 retail without any problems.

DanGeneratesMelody wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:11 am Thank you so much for this.. My only problem is that WAVE OUT (WAVE L/R HOST) outputs an interrupted signal. (the sound recording has pauses of silence.. they are 0.01 seconds, and they interrupt the recording every 0.5 seconds, thus making the recording unusable).

Also (in my case) sometimes the whole sound starts to "buzz" and the solution I found is to change from 44.1khz to 48khz or the other way around (it doesn't matter, all it matters is that i should change and then i can revert to 44.1khz). But this is not that important. The send "WAVE OUT" is important however (I was used to watching an analyzer when listening to online music, and that uses wave out, so i can't..).
I was told a long time ago that the problem with RAM memory is if it is larger than 4Gb.
My post, and answer.

gainstage wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:44 am I used ASIO4ALL with my EMU 0404 USB, it worked well (I'd get an occasional crash with the latest driver on Windows 10).
Did you get to work on win 11 with the Asio4all driver?
I've been holding back on updatingt o win 11 as I was unsertain this would work?
Best regards.
Lars

tobra wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:56 am
DanGeneratesMelody wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:11 am Thank you so much for this.. My only problem is that WAVE OUT (WAVE L/R HOST) outputs an interrupted signal. (the sound recording has pauses of silence.. they are 0.01 seconds, and they interrupt the recording every 0.5 seconds, thus making the recording unusable).

Also (in my case) sometimes the whole sound starts to "buzz" and the solution I found is to change from 44.1khz to 48khz or the other way around (it doesn't matter, all it matters is that i should change and then i can revert to 44.1khz). But this is not that important. The send "WAVE OUT" is important however (I was used to watching an analyzer when listening to online music, and that uses wave out, so i can't..).
I was told a long time ago that the problem with RAM memory is if it is larger than 4Gb.
My post, and answer.
Was that long time ago with Windows XP. There was a limitation there.

@ speedymonk
I'm writing about PatchMix DSP Application and not Windows XP.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”