PayPal and the GIFT option for international users (19 EU / 6 International countries atm)

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks

Birchblaze wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:33 pm When I use Paypal's currency conversion ("send $xx.xx usd, they'll receive €xx.xx"), the seller consistently doesn't receive the full amount that Paypal has indicated they would receive. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Not talking about their Goods & Services fee, I believe this has to do with their currency exchange rate/process.

Kerry
I figured that out as well. PP takes a little bit from everywhere (regular fees, obnoxious conversion rate buyer side, then seller side) and in the end it's a LOT (more than 10%). Not even talking about the G&S. Money circulation is still a problem in 2023

Mushroom Sounds wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:47 am
Birchblaze wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:33 pm When I use Paypal's currency conversion ("send $xx.xx usd, they'll receive €xx.xx"), the seller consistently doesn't receive the full amount that Paypal has indicated they would receive. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Not talking about their Goods & Services fee, I believe this has to do with their currency exchange rate/process.

Kerry
I figured that out as well. PP takes a little bit from everywhere (regular fees, obnoxious conversion rate buyer side, then seller side) and in the end it's a LOT (more than 10%). Not even talking about the G&S. Money circulation is still a problem in 2023
I ask people to pay me in US Dollars even though my account is £ as the fees get crazy otherwise.
I've had total fees of just over 20% in some cases if the buyer's country has particularly bad exchange rates, which is ridiculous.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”