Mixcraft news

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SampleScience wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:47 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:18 pm
SampleScience wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:04 pm...Mixcraft is one of the few DAW that has a main music Key in projects.
Logic Pro, Cubase, Studio One have that, too.
That's good, I don't use Apple computers so Logic is out for me. Cubase I never liked. I need to try the demo of Studio One, I have a lot of customers who use it. Seems like a good DAW, it's probably one of the best.
Studio One has weird feature disparities - some that kind of surprised me, as they are common in most other DAWs. MIDI List View, Ability to Set MIDI Channel for different events in the Piano Roll, Ability to Send Audio out to an External Wave Editor, MusicXML Import (must go through Notion 6, or just export General MIDI), No Video Track, No Surround Support, etc. There are literally things in ACID Pro 7 that are missing in Studio One 5 Professional.

Some of that, I heard, is due to the way MIDI is implemented in Studio One. Other things are just areas they haven't developed out yet.

I should have given it a more thorough trial, but I ended up using Samplitude Pro X4 more than Studio One. If I didn't have that Samplitude license, I'd probably just use Cakewalk by BandLab.

I got it mainly to run on my laptop when I didn't want to bring my Cubase dongle with me during travel episodes. The crossgrade was really cheap, so there isn't much regret there. Once Cubase 12 releases, I won't need that "workaround," as it will no longer require the dongle.

Studio One is pretty good for beatmakers or electronic music, though. The UI is pretty well organized for single screen laptop use. I think the Mixer in both Cubase and Samplitude are better, though. Some things built-in the Mixers in those DAWs require an insert (e.g. MixTool) in Studio One. It does have the project page, but Samplitude is arguably better for mastering, and I have WaveLab Pro, anyways.

I am getting a bit tired of super dark UIs in music production software, though. I think DAWs picked up this trend from NLEs, but it's not like Studio One is used heavily in post production or film scoring... and even then, the need to have lights dimmed all the time is just not as high there, since you aren't grading footage and worrying about ambient lighting affecting color perception.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Mixcraft upgrade sale.

Now is the time to buy Pro if you already have the base version...................

https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/upgrades

So when will there be the next upgrade of Mixcraft.
From 9 to 10 and some more modern UI if possible. I think the eyes also love to make music.

classic wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:58 pm So when will there be the next upgrade of Mixcraft.
From 9 to 10 and some more modern UI if possible. I think the eyes also love to make music.
According to a forum post they had planned initially for this year but they are not able to complete the update in time so it will be some time probably early next year.

rageix wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:06 pm
classic wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 10:58 pm So when will there be the next upgrade of Mixcraft.
According to a forum post they had planned initially for this year but they are not able to complete the update in time so it will be some time probably early next year.
MC10 will have to be able to compete favorably with Cakewalk and REAPER in terms of price and features. They would do well to continue with their easy to learn/use approach, but will have to add some functionality to be able to compete on the low end along with some unique feature(s) to differentiate themselves.

Maybe focus more on composition features, even more content and perhaps include some of the Cherry Audion synths.

I never noticed this DAW until now.
I might get it to use the instruments,
so I was wondering if peeps like them?
how is the organ?
-and does it have an electric piano?
cheers!

--I can demo I guess, but still asking opinion

Thanks to the Acoustica and Mixcraft team for this great update in version 10. The subtle improvements have been selected to perfection and the stability of the VST3 is fantastic. The scalable functionality for 4K and 8K monitors works impressively well. The improved design fonts are perfect. The mixer in the clear track looks formidably clear and accurate. Maybe the faders need a little tweaking to be accurate. The MIDI quanization is superior to Pro-Tools thanks!

And for me the most important thing is that when you export to 24-bit Wav the final sample has the same quality as the project inside the DAW !!!! A substantial improvement that leaves FL Studio behind (the mixdown sounds terrible if you compare it to the original), the same Studio One, the mixdown sounds dull and without dynamics. Mixcraft is out of this world! Thanks GREG and the Mixcraft Dev team!

No demo for Pro version?
NEW! Track Regions - select, drag and drop, and copy groups of clips and tracks, including their automations
NEW! Advanced MIDI and Audio Output Recording and Routing
These 2 features are interesting for me but Pro only :?

Chipi wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:21 am

A substantial improvement that leaves FL Studio behind (the mixdown sounds terrible if you compare it to the original), the same Studio One, the mixdown sounds dull and without dynamics.
I can null them In FL Studio and Studio One.

DNnX wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:55 pm No demo for Pro version?
NEW! Track Regions - select, drag and drop, and copy groups of clips and tracks, including their automations
If you already have the basic version you can log into your account to see what your personal upgrade offer is. I think mine was just $19 last year.

dellboy wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:33 am
DNnX wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:55 pm No demo for Pro version?
If you already have the basic version you can log into your account to see what your personal upgrade offer is. I think mine was just $19 last year.
Your upgrade price sounds really nice.
Sadly I'm not a Mixcraft user yet, so I can't test that feature :neutral:

Chipi wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:21 am And for me the most important thing is that when you export to 24-bit Wav the final sample has the same quality as the project inside the DAW !!!! A substantial improvement that leaves FL Studio behind (the mixdown sounds terrible if you compare it to the original), the same Studio One, the mixdown sounds dull and without dynamics.
Oh, here's a new one - render differences between DAWs - my DAW renders better than yours...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

it's the 1s in mixcrafts code.
very straight 1s.

id imagine the only difference, would be if you had used stock plug ins in any of them. depending where and how many, this could have an obvious greater or lesser extent.
but outside that, nope, we've done this before...

My upgrade price from Recording Studio version 9 to Recording Studio version 10 is $29.
$79 to upgrade to Pro version 10. I wouldn't bother upgrading to Pro, it's mostly a bunch of plugins. Have enough of those. :clown:

Only Pro is ARA compatible - that's one huge difference right there.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”