Devious Machines Infiltrator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

Infiltrator became a honorable place beside my effects design tools (very few)
What a out of this plane tool! From a simple sneeze hit to a big bang scary delirium. Thanks DEVIOUS Machine!

I am sorry if my question is too simple or has already been revised.
What I want to do is to link the LFO speed of different effect slots so that they all change to the same value manually.
This way I can automate all LFO speed effects simultaneously and globally in my DAW.

Can this be achieved in a Macro?
I think can assign the macros to the same CC as Pitch Bend and that would achieve the goal. But the idea would be maybe a "Macro linked" function.

Here is a preset I am designing. While different LFO speeds are also very effective, matching the speed is a feature I am looking for.
I managed to give the same speed to the 3 LFOs by copying the automation curve in each effect in the DAW.

https://youtu.be/CdPLFYLSrLs

Sharing this simple preset in case it sparks your interest:

~cheers~
ANdRoiDRaGoNFLY - CEA for INFILTRATOR DM.rar
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Session guitarist and music producer from Venezuela
One of my old demos: (Scarbee and Overloud)
https://bit.ly/3mDq0D3

jcredland wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:19 pm
sqigls wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 pm Often i wish there was an option to make the "Tone" control on the Delay module interact with the feedback path progressively with each delay regen, instead of being a flat post-regen effect. Sorry i'm not sure of the exact terminology.
Oh so it gets say progressively darker with each repeat?
yeah, or brighter... a 'Tone -> Feedback' switch :)

jcredland wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:19 pm
dermage wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:46 am I would love if we could assign points of the curve to a macro, so we could change the envelope from a DAW parameter.. That would be awesome and unique among these tools.
Yeah, that's tricky! We write the curves to a wavetable so that it doesn't use too much CPU ... so moving curve points isn't a 'real-time' or well smoothed operation. I think it'd need a different system to make that happen.
Hm ok, maybe you could interpolate between two saved curves?
Would be so cool to be able to do envelope changes with a knob :)

highkoo wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:34 pm
databroth wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:10 am that would be polymetric not poly-rythm
I might be crazy, but its like you were correcting something I didnt actually say.

Anyway, I havent kept up. Is Infiltrator doing polymetric patterns yet?
no, I think I was correcting someone else, our posts were probably just close enough to where yours slipped in before mine (edit: I've kinda changed my opinion on polymeter/polyrythm, I still think it's more accurate to call what most people want, polymeter, but I don't think anyone is wrong for calling it polyrythm)

but there is no polymetric in infiltrator atm
Last edited by databroth on Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Oh word. :hihi:
databroth wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:49 am but there is no polymetric in infiltrator atm
Thanks,
Damn, thats two big developments from Devious Machines Im waiting on;
Time sigs in this, and +/- delay in Texture.
Dunno if either is on a roadmap, or possible, but I think both take each of those tools to new levels.
ImageImageImageImage

Can I only use an envelope to modulate the big knob of each effect?
i can't find a way to use an 'LFO' to modulate the MIX of an effect slot.

Time for another sale ? :pray: :wink: :)

Still using this religiously. Hope the oscilloscope is still being worked on. Another FR request that I think would be really useful. Allow the macro knob to control the bezier nodes x, y axis and curve. So macros can essentially morph the shape of the Msegs.

+aslo a shortcut to straighten a bezier curve would be really helpful.

the delay bug is back.
i close the gui or take my headphone out and go back to speakers in the macbook and the 1/4 delay changes to swing something or other.
unfortunately this also means anything rendered becomes swung
can use the preset "Delay Designer" to verify this, on macbooks at least.
2012 w/mojave and 2021 w/monterey
v1.2.15

sqigls wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:00 am the delay bug is back.
i close the gui or take my headphone out and go back to speakers in the macbook and the 1/4 delay changes to swing something or other.
unfortunately this also means anything rendered becomes swung
can use the preset "Delay Designer" to verify this, on macbooks at least.
2012 w/mojave and 2021 w/monterey
v1.2.15
Heya - if this looks like an infiltrator bug can you mail all the details to our support address and we will get it fixed, cheers!

sqigls wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:32 am Can I only use an envelope to modulate the big knob of each effect?
i can't find a way to use an 'LFO' to modulate the MIX of an effect slot.
Much requested feature. A good solution is in progress. More news in a few weeks.

SeeingInMidi wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:34 am Still using this religiously. Hope the oscilloscope is still being worked on. Another FR request that I think would be really useful. Allow the macro knob to control the bezier nodes x, y axis and curve. So macros can essentially morph the shape of the Msegs.

+aslo a shortcut to straighten a bezier curve would be really helpful.

1. Scope - what do you want to see? The final output of the plugin?

2. Macro knobs controlling curve shapes. This isn't going to happen for solid technical and performance reasons. You could cross-fade between two effects with different shapes though using a macro?

3. Short-cut to straighten curve shape - I'll fix that after lunch. Probably double click on the curve handle or something. (Edit: this is done - will be in the next update)
Last edited by jcredland on Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jazzguitar wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:40 am Infiltrator became a honorable place beside my effects design tools (very few)
What a out of this plane tool! From a simple sneeze hit to a big bang scary delirium. Thanks DEVIOUS Machine!

I am sorry if my question is too simple or has already been revised.
What I want to do is to link the LFO speed of different effect slots so that they all change to the same value manually.
This ought to be easy enough with a macro? Probably for accuracy set each LFO speed to mid, and set the macros to change the amount by 100%.

Fantastic plugin :love: Almost every time I twiddle a knob I get great results :P Don't use the built in sequencer as it doesn't suit my workflow but the midi note mapping to switch effect slots off/on is great.

What I would like added:-

1)As has been mentioned (I think just once before), I would really love the option of choosing from either the plugin's audio input or a sidechain input as an Audio Env modulation source. With the option to choose between these two audio sources independently from within each effect slot.

2)Would like to be able to set different AHDGate settings for the Audio Env mod source on each effect slot. Would need a copy/paste option.

3)More routing options for effects. Perhaps an In and Out setting on each effect slot to route the effects. This way you could have two effects chains which could then be routed to the Master or even routed to another effects chain which is then routed to the Master. Would really add another dimension to the plugin :hyper:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:30 am Fantastic plugin :love: Almost every time I twiddle a knob I get great results :P Don't use the built in sequencer as it doesn't suit my workflow but the midi note mapping to switch effect slots off/on is great.

What I would like added:-

1)As has been mentioned (I think just once before), I would really love the option of choosing from either the plugin's audio input or a sidechain input as an Audio Env modulation source. With the option to choose between these two audio sources independently from within each effect slot.

2)Would like to be able to set different AHDGate settings for the Audio Env mod source on each effect slot. Would need a copy/paste option.

3)More routing options for effects. Perhaps an In and Out setting on each effect slot to route the effects. This way you could have two effects chains which could then be routed to the Master or even routed to another effects chain which is then routed to the Master. Would really add another dimension to the plugin :hyper:
Thanks!

1. Sidechain - will put it on the list to think about :)

2. Curious to know what kind of thing you are trying to do that would want this? It'd be a complicated change with lots of extra UI requirements.

3. That's an interesting thought. One i've mulled over too!

I'll definitely put the sidechain thing on our planner to think about and see if there's a practical and useful design.

In other news - we are working super hard on an update. Maybe it'll be in beta in couple of weeks ...

Return to “Effects”