Ableton Live 11

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

EnochLight wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:14 pm
nanostream wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:09 pm
EnochLight wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 pm ARM? Had no idea Live 11 supported ARM cpu's.
I was too lazy to type out „Apple Silicon“ and too hip to use „M1“. :hihi:
Ahhh right - yeah Apple M1 support. Was going to say, if Ableton was going all in on actual ARM support, then holy hell that would change a lot of things! :o :lol:
you’re going out on a limb…

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 pm you’re going out on a limb…
a pretty limp one
void main(dumb)

mcbpete wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:53 am
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:40 am That is interesting, hadn’t thought to check out Max’s Sysex and wider midi capabilities, presume it can send program changes too.
Yep, it's actually been able to do that for a few years now - I use this m4l device for such things: https://www.maxforlive.com/library/devi ... ram-change
It's been able to send program changes since the beginning almost. SysEx requires Max 4 Live though. Someone made a simple SysEx dumper which works for my purposes. :)

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 pm
EnochLight wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:04 pm ARM? Had no idea Live 11 supported ARM cpu's.
Ahhh right - yeah Apple M1 support. Was going to say, if Ableton was going all in on actual ARM support, then holy hell that would change a lot of things! :o :lol:
Don’t worry Enoch, he’s just pulling your leg.

What the f**k is wrong with this program since version 11. With the newest patch (11.0.12) my midi tracks randomly stop playing sound. Since i updated to 11 every new version creates problems. :dog:

Azbest wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:17 am With the newest patch (11.0.12) my midi tracks randomly stop playing sound.
I’ve noticed that too, but it doesn’t seem random to me. It seems to be happening when using non-4/4 measures, i.e. a m4l sequencer running at 6/4 or when looping 6 bars in the arrangement view, but I’m not sure. Funnily enough, Live starts playing those tracks again after cycling through the non-4/4 measure and aligning with the standard grid again, I think. Have you noticed something like that? It’s about time we file some proper bug reports. :)

nanostream wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:12 am
Azbest wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:17 am With the newest patch (11.0.12) my midi tracks randomly stop playing sound.
I’ve noticed that too, but it doesn’t seem random to me. It seems to be happening when using non-4/4 measures, i.e. a m4l sequencer running at 6/4 or when looping 6 bars in the arrangement view, but I’m not sure. Funnily enough, Live starts playing those tracks again after cycling through the non-4/4 measure and aligning with the standard grid again, I think. Have you noticed something like that? It’s about time we file some proper bug reports. :)
I pretty much do 4/4 only, so your method doesn't work, neither does restarting the software, the computer or duplicating the broken track. It even does this sometimes when there is no MIDI clip, only playing with keyboard controller. Looks like my project is permanently f**ked now unless I remake that broken midi track, which I can't be bothered with since it will probably go tits up again sooner or later. Industry leading software my ass.

Double Tap wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:42 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:31 pm
Don’t worry Enoch, he’s just pulling your leg.
Eh, no clue what's he's getting on about. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:36 am Eh, no clue what's he's getting on about. :lol:
ARM... limb... leg etc. Was just a joke.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:13 am
EnochLight wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:36 am Eh, no clue what's he's getting on about. :lol:
The joke breached KVR humour guidelines for being subtle, relevant and inoffensive!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

EnochLight wrote:Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:36 am Eh, no clue what's he's getting on about. :lol:
D’oh! And normally I’m the one making the dad jokes! :lol: Apologies.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

SLiC wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:10 am
The joke breached KVR humour guidelines for being subtle, relevant and inoffensive!
It's no use pointing the finger now.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict a February release of 11.1

I only want 1.1 to be 'released' as that has to happen before we see the beta of 11.2 or even 11.5 :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

maybe on tuesday
dedication to flying

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”