Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dune_rave wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 am pending refund since oct21 - i hope this will be ok. When this will be over, i think i will walk in a local distributor shop and buy keyscape full price
Today I checked Paypal, and it seems refund is done. Though I should check my bank also, but it seems all is OK. Plus got email from paypal about the money.

dune_rave wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:30 pm
dune_rave wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:38 am pending refund since oct21 - i hope this will be ok. When this will be over, i think i will walk in a local distributor shop and buy keyscape full price
Today I checked Paypal, and it seems refund is done. Though I should check my bank also, but it seems all is OK. Plus got email from paypal about the money.
Did Atkra have to initiate the refund? I have to wait till the end of the month before I can do anything according to their site. Not sure how else to escalate it. Any tips guys?

atkra wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:06 am Refund was issued, did you not get notified? Please check your PayPal.
I think you need to find another place to sell, I am not banning you for the sake of other members being able to contact, your thread has been moved to a private forum for mods.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

dune_rave wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:30 pm
Today my Bank shows the refund money. So for me, this case is done.

Deleted

delete

Where do I report a user that has tried to scam me?

pitchbernd wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:06 am Where do I report a user that has tried to scam me?
PM Hink! He is a very friendly moderator here. You can find his info if you look few posts above ;)

pitchbernd wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:06 am Where do I report a user that has tried to scam me?
You can also report private messages so a mod will have a look.

I did both, report the message and PM Hank already some hours ago, but unfortunately have not gotten any reply yet. That user is answering several WTB threads here and I hope the admins care about the issue soon enough before he is scamming someone else

Often moderator feedback can take days. But in the end the sinner receives his punishment (banned)
And there are ALWAYS scammers for WTB ads.

SORRY; DUPLICATE POST
Last edited by panspOrmia on Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pitchbernd wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:24 pm I did both, report the message and PM Hank already some hours ago, but unfortunately have not gotten any reply yet.
Try PMing Hink (not Hank) ... ;)

Ofcourse I meant Hink, thanks autocorrect ;-)

Tried to buy Ableton Live 11 Suite EDU from alex2000261. I paid via PayPal G&S on Thursday 1/27 but have not heard anything from hims since. He has not responded to my PMs, emails, or PayPal messages.

Just thought I would mention the situation here in case this may help others be on guard. Will update as I learn more.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”