U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:24 pm No lizards?
i teleported a disco alien! and you want lizards!!!? :cry:

:lol:

vurt wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:35 pm
elxsound wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:24 pm No lizards?
i teleported a disco alien! and you want lizards!!!? :cry:

:lol:
What about wizards?

Or gizzards?

Or Eddie Izzards?

methinks you're just not trying.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

done wizards.

justin3am wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:20 pm I got my second CVz from Perfect Circuit over the weekend. This one is in a 4MS pod and is replacing the passive matrix mixer on my main pedal board. Matrix mixers, sequential switches and panners have myriad uses on a pedal board. But now I'm realizing that I need stackable 1/4" patch cables! :lol:
Just realized I never posted a picture of this setup in a place where Urs might see it...

Hi,
I do have one question about CVilization's quatizer specs and especially its accuracy. I recently stumbled about this page https://doudoroff.com/quantizers/ where they compare lots of quantizers and say:
"The Nominal accuracy column is a simple calculation of the resolution of the DAC against the output range of the quantizer. There are many other factors that may relate to the accuracy of a quantizer, but this is a baseline. Note that a cent is 0.83 millivolts, so quantizers above that value lack the resolution to be accurate within a cent."
Unfortunately CVilization is not listed in the products, so maybe someone has done a similar test already or Urs can tell us about it a little more ?
Thanks in advance

CVilization has 24 bit converters. They are way better than Cent accuracy (even at +/- 10V ranges)

Ah that's perfect, thanks

elxsound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:48 am Has anyone asked for a black plate version? :oops:
I have and they said "no".

mikeleebirds wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:10 am
elxsound wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:48 am Has anyone asked for a black plate version? :oops:
I have and they said "no".
But they do try.

What is the significance of the color of the LEs in mode 3? I've got two CVilizations and one of them the encoders are amber, and the other they're a lovely sort of turquoise. Did I configure the "visual range" for one of them in the config file? I don't recall so doing, but it's also not clear to me what that parameter refers to.

Teal means a random value (nothing patched/normalled into the channel), amber means it did get a CV patched in which it is sampling and holding.

Oh, it turns out I was referring to sequence length. I had set all channels of the one I had been using in mucorder to 8 steps, and then forgot I had done that set-up step when setting up the second CVilization to also operate in that mode. I feel dumb for going to the forum with such an obvious the-manual-would-have-cleared-this-up question. Oh, well.

Hahaha, ok, it an 8-pixel display is not the most intuitive thing possible... I wasn't too sure, either.

I like the teal! I may need to start using 1-step sequences for aesthetics.

Any future updates planned for CVilization? Totally cool if not, the module is absolutely stellar as-is. Just curious...

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”