Some Praise for the small things!

Official support for: audiority.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Luca, I've just gone through the laborious process of installing a LOT of plugins on my M1 Macbook and I'd like to single you out and offer some praise to you for just doing things right with your plugin installations.

You're one of the good ones and should be held up as an example. If only all developers were as attentive as you are to the small details. I'm shocked at how few actually check all these boxes. Fewer than one might think.
  • Offer the end user a choice of what to install during the installation (and not as an obscure hidden setting). Let the user decide if I want AU, VST, AAX, VST3, presets ... installed.
  • Create a subdirectory in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3 named Audiority, where your plugins reside.
  • Create a subdirectory in /Applications named Audiority where your applications reside.
  • Use the VST3 category labels as they are intended and be consistent with your vendor name.
  • Provide documentation in your disk image bundle.
  • Offer online and offline license install options.
  • Offer notifications inside your plugins about updates, and the ability to disable them.
  • Provide clear and consistent version information on your website.
  • Provide release notes.
This isn't even about the audio quality or uniqueness of your plugins, which stand on their own merits. But it speaks to your attention to detail and your attentiveness to the needs of your user base. It also suggests to me that your code is likely equally as clean and detail-oriented. God is in the details.

:clap:

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Return to “Audiority”