Bug: Hosting AU does not restore buffer size

Official support for: ju-x.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you for making Hosting AU.

I like to use a very small buffer size (64 or even 32), however Hosting AU does not correctly remember the setting between sessions.

Every time I relaunch Hosting AU, its menu will still say 32 (from the previous session), but in fact there will be noticeable latency that sounds more like 512.

I can then change the buffer size manually and the latency will be gone. But only until the next time I start Hosting AU.

So now I have to manually change the buffer size every time I start Hosting AU. Is it possible to fix this so that it correctly restores the previous buffer size?

Thank you for your report... however I still can't recreate this issue. What plugin is used particularly?

Indeed, here's a test version that buffer-size of 14 can be set. So I'm also curious about the demand too :)

I was only using Fabfilter Gate and EQ on the audio channel (no virtual instruments) but I think the latency was even appearing on an empty session when I passed through audio from my bass guitar to the speakers with no plugins. After resetting the buffer size the latency disappears but I have to do that every session.

Ugly-fix is done :) Would you be with testing?

I've uploaded a beta version, Hosting AU v1.5.1b now. You can get it from here: https://ju-x.com/downloads/Hosting%20AU%20b.zip

Some small fixes are on. Basically, it must work as same as the current release version, or better around buffer-size issues and MIDI input things.

Please let me know if this version fixes the issue.

Return to “Ju-X”