Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

GMusic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:57 pm
clipnotic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:09 pm
GMusic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:20 pm The ReFX sale is still running. It was suppose to be over by end of January 20th. So unless you wanna wait another year for a sale, I guess this is our last chance to grab some discounted expansions.
How much you get to play the reFX mascot?
mladi wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 pm
GMusic wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:20 pm The ReFX sale is still running. It was suppose to be over by end of January 20th. So unless you wanna wait another year for a sale, I guess this is our last chance to grab some discounted expansions.
:idiot:
Haters, lol.
no, just realists and it's really a shame, that a since 2009 kvr member plays a reFX mascot in 2022! :lol:

clipnotic wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:03 am
Haters, lol.
no, just realists and it's really a shame, that a since 2009 kvr member plays a reFX mascot in 2022! :lol:
Being real about what? I point out a sale and suddenly I'm a mascot and idiot? And me being a member here over 12 years am I suppose to hate on ReFX by default?

Lame.

No, I don't hate reFX by default, I'm a customer since QuadraSID and Vanguard, but on my opinion just their "boss" is incompetent. But independently of that, I only would praise them, if I would get much money for that, because I don't work for free! Do you work for free for them, be honest? :D

clipnotic wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:39 am No, I don't hate reFX by default, I'm a customer since QuadraSID and Vanguard, but on my opinion just their "boss" is incompetent. But independently of that, I only would praise them, if I would get much money for that, because I don't work for free! :D
For what it's worth, as you may already know, the owner doesn't design the expansions. Manuel, Andy, Mirko, etc. do. I am assuming get a fair share of the profit. I like their work, so I have no issue in supporting their work.

But, pointing out a sale and informing those who are interested in it doesn't equate to praising. In fact, I was recently critical of ReFX in regard to the N4 upgrade and some features therein. I am no fanboy or mascot, lol.

I assume it's largely the owner's decision on upgrade pricing/policy. But at the end of the day, we don't need N4 to continue using Nexus or the older expansions. I don't have any experience with the owner, I don't recall seeing any of their posts here. I read a couple people unhappy with their interaction with them but I don't boycott a company over a few people's bad experiences. I'd be boycotting nearly every company if I did that...

GMusic wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:12 am
clipnotic wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:39 am No, I don't hate reFX by default, I'm a customer since QuadraSID and Vanguard, but on my opinion just their "boss" is incompetent. But independently of that, I only would praise them, if I would get much money for that, because I don't work for free! :D
For what it's worth, as you may already know, the owner doesn't design the expansions. ...
The owner banishes customers forever and unjustified (!) from support, so longtime customers, who paid much money, are left alone if they have problems! I'm buying hundreds of VSTs since decades and I have never been banned from support except from reFX!

Haters, lol.
Everybody knows that they always extend the sales. They did that everytime. This year of course they have good reasons seems.. :lol:

..and yes GMusic, what else you are?: Go to the bargains thread and annouce it there, not in this thread. :dog:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

mladi wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:25 pm
Haters, lol.
Everybody knows that they always extend the sales. They did that everytime. This year of course they have good reasons seems.. :lol:

..and yes GMusic, what else you are?: Go to the bargains thread and annouce it there, not in this thread. :dog:
Typical attitude of a self appointed representative for “everyone” and forum police, lol. Carry on dude, I am not going to obey your wishes or heed further insult.

question, if i buy nexus 3 or 4 as a seperate license can i use my nexus 2 xps in the seperate nexus 3/4 license?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

When you say separate you mean a different account than the account where your nexus 2xp licenses are or what do you mean?
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:07 am When you say separate you mean a different account than the account where your nexus 2xp licenses are or what do you mean?
rsp
hmmm good question, if i remember correctly Manuel said you can buy a seperate license (im cautious with upgrading, had bad experiences with many plugins and compatibility to old projects) and have still nexus2 and not losing it. so i dunno if you can have a seperate license in your same account?

also another question just got in my head, if i buy a bundle with expansions i already got, can i sell the duplicates? guess i needa write refx :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

ooh I suspect it is the same account, but that is an upgrade. I guess separate in the sense that one is on your e-licenser and one is call home.... if that is indeed what you means, then yes.. you can use your nexus2 xp's with nexus 3 or 4 once they are in the same account.

You have to write refx, but I am pretty sure the answer is no.. they don't allow you to sell individual expansions, it is either all or none as I recall.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:30 am ooh I suspect it is the same account, but that is an upgrade. I guess separate in the sense that one is on your e-licenser and one is call home.... if that is indeed what you means, then yes.. you can use your nexus2 xp's with nexus 3 or 4 once they are in the same account.

You have to write refx, but I am pretty sure the answer is no.. they don't allow you to sell individual expansions, it is either all or none as I recall.
rsp
thx a lot! hmmmm ok, i have to think about it, maybe im gonna make a seperate account for nexus3/4 then.

cause i dunno if i used some presets which were removed etc. i would have to load up all my old projects step by step :/ thats what i dont wanna risk in loosing my old license.

you don't lose your nexus 2 license, UNLESS you exchange it for an expansion.
Maybe I am confusing you more than helping :).
I am not sure why you would want to make a separate account for nexus 3/4..
1) it would mean you would have to buy it not like an upgrade but full price (unless it was on a sale).
2) you lost access to your expansions.

3) I am not sure what the positive would be.
so maybe I am either not fully understanding you or just giving you bad information :)
rsp
sound sculptist

thx a lot! nono, im thankful you wanna help out :).
what i wanna do is get nexus 3/4 but WITHOUT loosing Nexus2 license. afaik correctly, maybe i remember wrong, you need to get a seperate license.

Caine123 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:34 am
zvenx wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:30 am ooh I suspect it is the same account, but that is an upgrade. I guess separate in the sense that one is on your e-licenser and one is call home.... if that is indeed what you means, then yes.. you can use your nexus2 xp's with nexus 3 or 4 once they are in the same account.

rsp
thx a lot! hmmmm ok, i have to think about it, maybe im gonna make a seperate account for nexus3/4 then.

cause i dunno if i used some presets which were removed etc. i would have to load up all my old projects step by step :/ thats what i dont wanna risk in loosing my old license.
Why would they remove presets ? AFAIK they just add more to the factory bank, they don't remove.

What was once in an expansion is now in the core program. But yeah definitely check with them.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Return to “Instruments”