2CAudio Breeze | 2.5 | Simple. Light. Pristine. Intelligently Adaptive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Breeze

ahhh crap i hope these plugins dont get abandoned or something :/ i use them still a lot and i hate abandoned plugins.
well i mostly use Valhalla now but 2caudio Reverbs are lovely.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Mods pls clean this shit up

What about you guys stop being absolutely hysterical for crying out loud?

All Mystran basically did was to give the advice not to take everything at face value and to refrain from siding with Denis/passing judgement without knowing all the details, Andrew s side of the story, yadda yadda. His advice is sound, I think.

Also, in case you guys did not notice, there is a indeed a war going on that in one way or the other affects every one of us. It is also a matter of fact that Denis happens to live on the side of the war that is opposed to that of Andrew which might make it very difficult for Andrew to pay Denis, even if he wanted to (due to the sanctions that very much affect banking, credit cards and what not - read them up if you must). We do not know any of what really happened between these two sides of 2CA. So, take the advice or leave it, but stop crying for a mod like the sad little muppets you are.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:13 pm What about you guys stop being absolutely hysterical for crying out loud?

All Mystran basically did was to give the advice not to take everything at face value and to refrain from siding with Denis without knowing all the details, Andrew s side of the story, yadda yadda.
His advice is sound, I think.
Thank you.

I am in a difficult situation, because like I said, I do not want to take sides and therefore I do not want to start talking on behalf of anyone (ie. it is Andrew's business to give his own version), but I just wanted to make it absolutely clear to everyone that from what limited insight I have into this matter, it appears to be somewhat more complicated than a simple failure of payment.

The part about not trusting random binaries though is important though, because right now you absolutely should not trust any binaries (from anyone; this is absolutely not specific to 2cAudio) unless it's signed by a trusted party, because even man-in-the-middle attacks (on communication by two benign entities) by state actors seem entirely plausible.

Is there an "eating popcorn" emoticon in KVR, I can't find it?

What must have all happened that made this place so utterly toxic.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

El°HYM wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 pm What must have all happened that made this place so utterly toxic.
What must have all happened that made this place the internet so utterly toxic.

El°HYM wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:22 pm What must have all happened that made this place so utterly toxic.
Doesn’t apply here.

This is likely an ugly situation and I think the advice is sound.

I don’t know what’s going on. I know I’ve sent several messages to Andrew and gave up over a year ago.

I saw Denis was the only one replying here for a while so I don’t discount his take of events but I know this is not the place or the way to handle any of it.

dayjob wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:34 pm
What must have all happened that made this place the internet so utterly toxic.
The internet has always been toxic. I've been using it since 1978. The more people that use it the more toxic it gets. It's not the internet, it's people. :borg:

Like most of you, I do not believe KVR to be the appropriate location to discuss these matters, but at this point I am forced to comment, since much of what has been alleged is not accurate or close to the full truth.

Denis Malygin is legally a contractor to 2CAudio, LLC. Denis is in breach of the contract that governs the relationship between himself and 2CAudio. I have attempted to reconcile matters directly with him for quite some time now, but we make no positive progress.

Denis has not shared any work product with me directly for over 15 months at this point. He actively refuses to do so! At the start of this dispute he initially claimed he wished to terminate his involvement and he was not willing to do any work. I was saddened by this, but I was more than willing to treat him fairly. My wish was simply to abide by the terms of our contract as is completely reasonable. Our contract has "Post Termination" terms that preemptively discuss such a scenario, as he had long expressed to me declining interest in the business and even the industry as a whole, and this was an eventuality that, while not desired, was anticipated and partially prepared for.

We tried to negotiate full "Post Termination" terms as we are obligated to do by the contract. Subsequently Denis began making various IP claims, that go against what is stated in the contract and promised to me in previous internal communications, but he refused to define exactly what these new claims were in any concrete manner so that we could meaningfully discuss them.

Months later Denis later started threatening to perform work on updates by himself and post them outside of 2CAudio, claimed various 2CAudio IP as his own, and attempted to block me from products I am the inventor and legal custodian of, by refusing to share source code for the work on areas of the development that are historically his domain that he claimed was being done and was invoiced for, even though these invoices continued to be paid.

The legal position on this is very clear as defined by our contract. The additional moral dimension is this:

I personally invented Precedence, Breeze 2, and Kaleidoscope 1 (and 2 which no one has seen yet, because it was abandoned twice -- not by me). I was product lead, product/concept designer, core algorithm/DSP developer, algorithm/DSP tuner, GUI designer, coder of all procedural GUI drawing routines, and primary preset/content designer. I also invented B2. I was product lead, product designer, core algorithm/DSP co-developer, exclusive algorithm/DSP tuner, GUI designer, and primary preset designer. I am directly responsible for the look, sound and functionality of all of these products.

Aether was developed jointly by myself and Denis. Denis developed a test algorithm called "SpaceVerb" that was 80% done, which he brought into 2CAudio. He was compensated for this contribution a very long time ago. Together we evolved this test alg called "spaceVerb" into the project which became Aether 1.0 with novel features being contributed by myself. Further enhancements to features, DSP and algorithmic tuning were guided by me to reach Aether 1.5.

I certainly do NOT claim to have done everything that goes into a making a final retail product myself, it was a team effort and I am thankful for the contributions that were made during better times, but to claim now I am not a developer at this point is patently false. All of the functional DSP algs used in recent 2CAudio products, and all GUI drawing and GUI design has come from me. (Mystran also worked with 2Caudio as a contractor, and contributed many truly amazing things. She is one of the most talented human beings I know!)

I am the inventor and project lead of the vast majority of 2CAudio products. I am the one who put the love and passion into them, spending 10s of thousands of hours inventing the algs, tuning them and making them as perfect as possible. I am also the one who spent thousands of hours participating in the forums to help everyone get the most out of them and get feedback to improvement them with regard to features etc. Check the post history if you like - compare who participated, who did not. I am also the one who wrote the manuals, created presets, did the web sites, did the vast majority of the demo sounds, managed additional contractors, did all business operations tasks, did the interviews, etc. etc.

What I am not personally, is a "SDK Developer" or "Systems Architect". This has been the vast majority of Denis' role for the past many years: host integration, plug-in formats, gluing it all together... etc. This has been his role, although the most recent SDK uses many things from Mystran's work and GUI drawing, color system, custom displays, etc from me as well. Nonetheless, Denis has historically been manager of these "systems tasks". We are behind on many of these systems tasks such as Apple Silicon, some OSX annoyances, VST-3 etc. The wise thing to do would have been to use Juce a very long time ago.

Instead of working together to get these things up to date, Denis now seeks to weaponsize this, by threatening me with releasing updated versions of 2CAudio products that I invented outside the official legal channels.

In December, 2021 he even threatened to put back-doors into any product update binaries he does manage to provide either to me via "official channels" or via some illegal/unofficial site, while simultaneously refusing to share source code that can be checked to protect against such things. I am now unable to trust anything delivered by him, even if he does deliver something.

Please, do not download installers from anywhere other than www.2caudio.com or www.desiginersound.com. These are the ONLY official and trusted channels.

I apologize this drama has leaked into the forums, but this last point is important to communicate at this point.

More info will follow via email where it is more appropriate. 2CAudio products will not be abandoned by me. Meanwhile I will make one more private attempt to resolve matters as amicably as possible, but my last attempts multiple were met with silence or threats, which is difficult work with...

I sincerely wish both of you all the best in resolving this. I hope it becomes obvious that nobody wins with how it's currently playing out. Audiences can be overrated.

Good luck.

oof. this all sounds awful. sorry for all your woes. thanks for the updates but bummer it's like it is. i'm sure you'd all like to have this behind you so you can move forward making things.

good luck to you all.

wow Andrew, what a wonderful fairytale! Do you think anyone would believe that?

This very fairytale that Andrew deceived himself to believe into is the source of the conflict.
Last edited by 2ca on Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Souter wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:38 am In December, 2021 he even threatened to put back-doors into any product update binaries he does manage to provide either to me via "official channels" or via some illegal/unofficial site, while simultaneously refusing to share source code that can be checked to protect against such things. I am now unable to trust anything delivered by him, even if he does deliver something.
this is not what I said exactly. this text is taken completely out of context of my full email so the meaning is intentionally disrupted in order to deceive audience. I do not accept such manipulation

Return to “Effects”