Speedrum updated to v1.5.3

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great update, thank you !!

Andy zzzzz wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:38 pm Yes but very impotent are fade time and voices. In cut mode has 1 voice. I need Two or three voices. If you can do it this will be better drum sampler.
Like I said, it's possible to add some more options... I have to think about how to add it into an existing system but keep it intuitive.

I encountered an issue last night when previewing samples in the browser by clicking on them. What was happening was that the first one or two samples would play, but after that any sample I click on produces no audio. If I then click play in the daw (Reaper) and go back to the Speedrum browser, the same thing happens - it will play a couple, then no sound. At first I thought it was Reapers' auto mute kicking in for clipping samples, but it doesn't seem to be that. It's odd. This happens only on my desktop pc. The laptop seems fine. This started happening after I added more samples to my library. However, the issue occurs now when clicking samples which were fine before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I found a typo. On the tooltip for the browser favourites button you're missing an 'r'.

Fantastic drum sampler by the way. Great intuitive workflow. I'd been looking for something like this for ages before you released it!

Does anyone own both this and TAL-Drum, would love a comparison?
Im looking at getting one.

mgiambro wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:26 am I encountered an issue last night when previewing samples in the browser by clicking on them. What was happening was that the first one or two samples would play, but after that any sample I click on produces no audio. If I then click play in the daw (Reaper) and go back to the Speedrum browser, the same thing happens - it will play a couple, then no sound. At first I thought it was Reapers' auto mute kicking in for clipping samples, but it doesn't seem to be that. It's odd. This happens only on my desktop pc. The laptop seems fine. This started happening after I added more samples to my library. However, the issue occurs now when clicking samples which were fine before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I found a typo. On the tooltip for the browser favourites button you're missing an 'r'.

Fantastic drum sampler by the way. Great intuitive workflow. I'd been looking for something like this for ages before you released it!
I can't reproduce that. On which operating system? Is this only happening with the new version, or also with the previous one?

Thanks, for the typo report!

apisonic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:38 pm I can't reproduce that. On which operating system?
I'm on Windows 10, but it's a very early version. The PC is offline and with Windows optimised for music production.
apisonic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:38 pm Is this only happening with the new version, or also with the previous one?
I've only seen this with version 1.30. When I get a chance I'll try the pervious version and let you know.
apisonic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:38 pm Thanks, for the typo report!
No trouble. Thanks for the drum sampler!

simmo75 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:31 pm Does anyone own both this and TAL-Drum, would love a comparison?
I don't own TAL-Drum, but demoed it out of curiosity. I'm a big fan of TAL products, but in this instance I prefer Speedrum. For me, the interface and workflow is more intuitive. TAL-Drum has lots of features I don't need in a drum sampler such as LFOs, modulation envelopes, sample recording etc. Speedrum has the features I will use without stuff I won't. However, that's me. Others may well have good use for those features in TAL-Drum and as with all TAL software, this will be a high quality product. I suggest you demo both and see what works for you. I know it's interesting to hear other peoples opinions, but at the end of the day the only opinion that really counts when choosing your tools is yours.

Can you do parameter’s velocity same as battery 4
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andy zzzzz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:49 pm Can you do parameter’s velocity same as battery 4
Why don't you just use Battery 4?

mgiambro wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:19 pm
simmo75 wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:31 pm Does anyone own both this and TAL-Drum, would love a comparison?
I don't own TAL-Drum, but demoed it out of curiosity. I'm a big fan of TAL products, but in this instance I prefer Speedrum. For me, the interface and workflow is more intuitive. TAL-Drum has lots of features I don't need in a drum sampler such as LFOs, modulation envelopes, sample recording etc. Speedrum has the features I will use without stuff I won't. However, that's me. Others may well have good use for those features in TAL-Drum and as with all TAL software, this will be a high quality product. I suggest you demo both and see what works for you. I know it's interesting to hear other peoples opinions, but at the end of the day the only opinion that really counts when choosing your tools is yours.
Thanks for your reply:)

mgiambro wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:41 pm Why don't you just use Battery 4?
Because Battery 4 is more expensive and ni is update nothing many years, they didn’t read support report and battery works very bad on mac m1. Speedrum has good cost and better support. It need add some options and it will be the best drum sampler.

Andy zzzzz wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:08 am
mgiambro wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:41 pm Why don't you just use Battery 4?
Because Battery 4 is more expensive and ni is update nothing many years, they didn’t read support report and battery works very bad on mac m1. Speedrum has good cost and better support. It need add some options and it will be the best drum sampler.
Fair enough :tu:

I've also demoed TAL Drum and it feels a bit more on the experimental side, it's definitely not as streamlined as Speedrum.
Like all stuff from TAL it's quality but if you want a comprehensive and quick drum sampler then Speedrum is the winner, hands down.

I noticed that after saving multiple midi maps in the setup tab, only the maps "default" and one other one (not the most recent saved but not the first saved map either) appear. Is there a way to access my other saved maps or is it limited to two? Would save me a lot of time when trying to use different midi controllers to control speedrum for different purposes.

-Latest version (1.3) of Speedrum
-DAW: Gig Performer 4 (64-bit)

Also, I've noticed that when I have multiple instances of Speedrum in Gig Performer (live performance DAW) in separate rackspaces, if I have one of the instances of Speedrum disabled on load, that it will not load the kit I saved with. Furthermore, all instances of speedrum in rackspaces that come after the rackspace with the disabled Speedrum will not load their settings or samples either, even though they are enabled. Not sure if that's happening because of something about the DAW or about the VST but thought it was worth mentioning. It's no problem to just keep Speedrum enabled in all rackspaces, but was a little nerve wracking when I first discovered this since I'm using it for live shows and I was imagining it happening in a live show. Glad I noticed this ahead of time, but may be good for other users to take note of.

Btw, this is by far my favorite sampler plugin, full version is well worth the money! Can't wait to see it develop over time! Thanks for all the hard work and glad to support it.

jackmuta wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:10 am I noticed that after saving multiple midi maps in the setup tab, only the maps "default" and one other one (not the most recent saved but not the first saved map either) appear. Is there a way to access my other saved maps or is it limited to two? Would save me a lot of time when trying to use different midi controllers to control speedrum for different purposes.

-Latest version (1.3) of Speedrum
-DAW: Gig Performer 4 (64-bit)

Also, I've noticed that when I have multiple instances of Speedrum in Gig Performer (live performance DAW) in separate rackspaces, if I have one of the instances of Speedrum disabled on load, that it will not load the kit I saved with. Furthermore, all instances of speedrum in rackspaces that come after the rackspace with the disabled Speedrum will not load their settings or samples either, even though they are enabled. Not sure if that's happening because of something about the DAW or about the VST but thought it was worth mentioning. It's no problem to just keep Speedrum enabled in all rackspaces, but was a little nerve wracking when I first discovered this since I'm using it for live shows and I was imagining it happening in a live show. Glad I noticed this ahead of time, but may be good for other users to take note of.

Btw, this is by far my favorite sampler plugin, full version is well worth the money! Can't wait to see it develop over time! Thanks for all the hard work and glad to support it.
It should show all the saved maps, in the dropdown menu. I don't see any issues with that in Reaper.
Anyway, thanks for reporting both cases! I'll try to reproduce that in a Gig performer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Apisonic Labs”