Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

V-Synth and System-100m is what you concentrate on Roland :tu:

Examigan wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:55 pm
jamcat wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:59 am Well that got weird.

Agree about a full ACB JX-8P though.
Is that something that’s going to happen?

[the post I was responding to is now deleted]
Anyways... a "Legendary" JX-8P model. Is that going to happen?
Also is there a JP-8080 on the way? :)
+1 for JP-8080

Don't bother with requests, guys. They'll just say they'll add it to the list, but they are following their own itinerary and will focus on what they want, when they want it. Nobody asked for the Zenology or many of the things they've put out, but here we are. The social media presence is just to inform everyone of their latest updates and "engage" with you for a bit.

Shiek927 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 am Nobody asked for the Zenology
They kind of did as the ACB method used in the Legendary range of emulated synths caused huge CPU usage at high levels of polyphony as each analogue voice would be painstakingly modelled so Zenology was a new architecture designed to not have that issue. They’ve rolled that out to loads more platforms than ACB would have made possible and is why, for instance, the newer hardware boutiques now offer more than the three or four voice limits people were railing against.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Shiek927 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 am Don't bother with requests, guys. They'll just say they'll add it to the list, but they are following their own itinerary and will focus on what they want, when they want it. Nobody asked for the Zenology or many of the things they've put out, but here we are. The social media presence is just to inform everyone of their latest updates and "engage" with you for a bit.
Yeah, my impression also. Been subbed since 2017 to RC

Shiek927 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:40 am Don't bother with requests, guys. They'll just say they'll add it to the list, but they are following their own itinerary and will focus on what they want, when they want it. Nobody asked for the Zenology or many of the things they've put out, but here we are. The social media presence is just to inform everyone of their latest updates and "engage" with you for a bit.
… and why are you still with Roland Cloud if you’re so unhappy?
It’s so easy to sign out… :wink:

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:38 pm
Do you think you are doing a service to Roland with posts like this? If you do, well... think again :roll:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:56 pm
Do you think you are doing a service to Roland with posts like this? If you do, well... think again :roll:
Yes I do. Dooby, dooby doo :D

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:30 pm
fmr wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:56 pm
Yes I do. Dooby, dooby doo :D
:dog: :nutter:
Fernando (FMR)

I never said I was unhappy. I've supported them since the start, but there's no reason not to be honest about how they work and what I've observed since then.

Shiek927 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:47 pm
I never said I was unhappy. I've supported them since the start, but there's no reason not to be honest about how they work and what I've observed since then.
you do not need to justify yourself to him. he seems to think he is a gatekeeper.

Examigan wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:52 pm
Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:29 am
Echoii wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:41 pm What was the last word from Brian the messenger of Roland High Table? Is JX-8P / MKS-70 ACB plugin happening?
Hi, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. One of those synths mentioned MIGHT be happening in '22. :wink:
An MKS-70 plugin would be great. :)
Just bumping this one. :wink:

Brian mentioned one of those "MIGHT be happening", but I hope one of them WILL be happening. Or the JD-8080.

I'm not happy with the new Roland team n dev's. I own some of their modern gear as well as some vintage. The fact that these new vsts can't do proper midi program changes , when the original Roland guys were basically there from the start of Midi shows a complete disregard to the name.
The original Roland team would be ashamed of their current devs. New Roland " hey guys,but we got another new soundpack "
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Nobody asked for the Zenology
:roll:
Roland making the software version of their successful PCM-VA engine ? I call that a great idea. Just as good as their ACB emulations.

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:29 am
fmr wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:42 pm
Echoii wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:41 pm What was the last word from Brian the messenger of Roland High Table? Is JX-8P / MKS-70 ACB plugin happening?
Even the JD-800 wasn't ACB anymore :lol:

Those times are gone forever, I'm afraid.
Hi, friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. One of those synths mentioned MIGHT be happening in '22. :wink:
OK, this is good to know!
I wouldn't be happy with just the Zenology version of the JX-8P. It seems to be the equivalent of Arturia's Analog Lab. It appears to be geared towards being a preset machine, but it doesn't even include all of the original presets... no JX-8P Hi Strings! :o

Also, I really don't like what the interface does with the abrupt changing and resizing if you click on a wrong preset.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Instruments”