Arturia V Collection 8 Stupidly Cheap Offer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

BONES wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:07 am The email is a week old, I just discovered it in my Junk folder, but Arturia are offering Pigments owners the V Collection 8 for $149. I know 9 is probably not far away but that seems like a desperate price to me. I'm trying to think of reasons not to buy it but I have to admit I'm struggling to keep my credit card in my wallet.
It's definitely worth that price even if you just want a couple of their synths. I bought into VC 8 last year at a low price, and I had only owned Analog Lab and Pigments previously.

I wouldn't be too concerned about VC 9 coming around soon. There would have to be some amazing new additions to tempt me to upgrade. Plenty in VC 8 to keep busy with, as it's quite a broad keyboard collection!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:44 pm I jumped on this a few days ago. I too thought that I wouldn't like many of the synths but it turns out the ones I wasn't really interested in have become my favorites. This being the Synclavier, the Fairlight CMI and the EMU samplers.
Don't sleep on the Buchla Easel. It's a weird take on analog synthesis and takes some learning, but it makes crazy noises and is super fun to use. Every time I load it up, it's like I'm touching an analog synth for the first time and have no idea how anything works. That one is a sleeper for sure!

I was an owner of V Collection 5, but that was apparently enough for me to get an upgrade to V Collection 8 for $99USD.

Honestly, the only new synth I was interested in was the Emulator II V- but it's $199 as a stand-alone. I just paid half that price and got 11 additional plugins in the process!

Thanks, Arturia!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:28 pm
bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:44 pm I jumped on this a few days ago. I too thought that I wouldn't like many of the synths but it turns out the ones I wasn't really interested in have become my favorites. This being the Synclavier, the Fairlight CMI and the EMU samplers.
Don't sleep on the Buchla Easel. It's a weird take on analog synthesis and takes some learning, but it makes crazy noises and is super fun to use. Every time I load it up, it's like I'm touching an analog synth for the first time and have no idea how anything works. That one is a sleeper for sure!
Unfortunately I don't seem to really like the basic sound of the Easel. Not sure how accurate the emulation is but it's a bit "hard" sounding, even with soft sounds. Difficult to explain.. but yeah, I will have to dig into that a bit more. It is a very capable little package, that's for sure!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

what sthe difference between v7 and v8... or should i wait for v9...
thanks

The difference is each new collection adds more instruments.
If you can get V8 for $99 or $150 then do it.
Because if you wait until V9 is out, it will cost you $300.
But a V8 to V9 upgrade will probably be $150 at intro.

Worst case scenario is you break even on a V9 upgrade, but you get stuff now. And the purpose of buying it is to use it.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Tried V-Collection a few times especially since I own an arturia Keylab controller. Great product but ultimately not for me so I sold each time. I end up screwing around with the presets and synths and never writing any music. Too many options paralyzes me. I don't even have time to learn the instruments I have!!

rlared wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:02 pm Too many options paralyzes me. I don't even have time to learn the instruments I have!!
You should try owning VC 8 and the KORG Collection 3, LOL!!! I know what you speak of! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:23 amAh no. If you wait for v10 to be released, you’ll pay full whack. Unless you wait another 2 years AFTER v10 is released, when you’ll get a really fantastic deal.
What I meant was that I'd wait to upgrade to v9 until v10 was imminent. So I'd stay one gen behind but pay a tiny fraction of full price. Anything else is just throwing money away.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:58 amWhat I meant was that I'd wait to upgrade to v9 until v10 was imminent. So I'd stay one gen behind but pay a tiny fraction of full price. Anything else is just throwing money away.
…but when you get there, you’d be a mug not to wait for v11…
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I bought V8 last year for the Juno, Jupiter and Synclavier. Cost me £350 and worth every penny.

A V9 purchase will depend on what it brings. If there's a JX-8P and a reworked Prophet 5 I'll grab it.

Otherwise I feel like I have everything I need already between V8 and Omnisphere.

I updated to V8, got the FX2 collection, and also got Pigments, all last year, so I'm pretty well stocked up on Arturia stuff.
I really like their stuff, and it's always fun to see what they come up with next.

BONES wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:07 am If I'm honest, I have no interest in at least half of the collection and there is a very big difference between an enthusiast and a collector. At this price, though, you really only need to be interested in two or three of them for it to be a bargain so I will probably bite the bullet and do it.
noiseboyuk wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:49 amYes, that’s how it works with Arturia. Every company has their own sales policy. Without fail, everyone bitches at the upgrade prices when a new release comes out from Arturia - today it’s Modo Bass. Wait a year or two, it’s crazy cheap.
If that really is their strategy, it's pretty dumb. If I buy v8 today, why would I bother upgrading to v9 in a month or two? I'm far more likely to wait for v10 in a year or so, when I'm bored with what I got today and the upgrade price seems more reasonable.
If Arturia announced that V9 would be doing away with the current GUI installation, I could see a reason to upgrade in a month. Not that it's ever happening
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Just checked, I got it too.
Even if V9 is coming, which I'm almost 100% positive it is, for someone who ONLY owns Pigments this is an absolutely unbelievable offer.
Thank you bones, I would of never seen this.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

I'm still on v6 and just got the $99 offer. Until they smallify their absurd resource usage, I'm going to have to pass, as much as I might enjoy the revamped Jupiter and the other additions.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Instruments”