Arturia V Collection 8 Stupidly Cheap Offer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

jdoo wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:36 am I did the Sept 21 upgrade for $149. At that time, I moved up from VC6. The deal then was VC8 + SQ80 + a couple of Arturia banks. SQ80 is great (not part of VC8 I don’t believe).
I did exactly this too. It was $50 for SQ80 + $99 for the V6 to V8 upgrade.

If history is a guide, V8 + SQ80 owners will be offered a higher V9 upgrade discount for having also purchased SQ80, which will be one of the new additions added to V9.

I believe V7 + OBXa owners got an additional $50 off the V8 upgrade at intro.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Sounds spot on, Jamcat.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Not going to buy Pigment so that I can buy the V8 collection. Arturia should make this deal available to everyone.

Bla28 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:13 pm Not going to buy Pigment so that I can buy the V8 collection. Arturia should make this deal available to everyone.
Why? It’s obviously fine if you don’t want to buy Pigments, but loyalty discounts are incredibly common (and, as far as I’m concerned, completely fair).
Last edited by SirkusPi on Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[deleted duplicate]

SirkusPi wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:19 pm
Bla28 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:13 pm Not going to buy Pigment so that I can buy the V8 collection. Arturia should make this deal available to everyone.
Why? It’s obviously fine if you don’t want to buy Pigments, but loyalty discounts are incredibly common (and, as far as I’m concerned, completely fair).
Plus, people have been selling Pigments for under $100 on the buy and sell forum here, and on Knobcloud. If Arturia's website can't tell the difference between buying Pigments outright versus a license transfer ownership, that would still be a great deal for this collection.

Of course, probably too late now to go that route.

I own Pigments, but not any V Collection. I was offered the V Collection 8 for $149. Did a trial and liked what I heard so I purchased it. Still going though this as it is huge, but I really, really like the Jup 8, Jun 6, OB-Xa, Emu, and DX7. Such a great deal! If you own Pigments but nothing else, you don't want to sleep on this one.

No they shouldn't. Why should any bum off the street who has never bought a single thing from Arturia get to buy V8 for this super discounted price?

I don't care about bums.

I thought everyone gets a customized deal depending on what they own, not just Pigment owners.

The V Collection deals are on until April 4.
https://www.arturia.com/experience-vc8

I'm seeing the price is $599. But I think that's because I already own it.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I might have done my dough on this one, at least to a degree, because these things don't seem to like my Roli controllers at all. Pretty much every note gets stuck on. Changing patches kills the old note but I didn't have much fun going through a couple of the instruments last night. They're OK from the sequencer so it's not a complete write-off, just annoying.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

As far as I know, Pigments is the only Arturia product that claims MPE support.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

The latest release (SQ80 V) also supports MPE, which gives a little hope for future VC stuff.

Several other instruments in the VCollection support PolyAT as a mod-source.

jamcat wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:01 pm I thought everyone gets a customized deal depending on what they own, not just Pigment owners.

The V Collection deals are on until April 4.
https://www.arturia.com/experience-vc8

I'm seeing the price is $599. But I think that's because I already own it.
A couple folks over at GS got the deal for $99, not sure why/how/where/what.. Mine was $149, own Pigments and SQ-80. I almost passed on it but for $150, I got the CZ, Matrix, SEM, Prophet VS, so that was worth it. I've got Roland covered by TAL and P5 by Repro and Im pretty happy with those, but for that price the few I wanted was a no brainer. Who knows maybe the EII will replace TAL Sampler for me one day too, although I do have two EMUs in a rack as well.

I was happy to jump a couple versions for 99$. There's only a couple things I super excited about in that update, but in sure I'll get a bit of use out of the other junk too. Does the thing still try and install spark? It took me forever to get that thing fully uninstalled. Every plugin scan gave me a spark library not found error even thou I had deleted the files left over after running the included uninstaller. I had to do some manual work in the windows registry to get it gone. All in all I like their stuff. Definitely when they are offering such wacky discounts.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

BONES wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:07 am The email is a week old, I just discovered it in my Junk folder, but Arturia are offering Pigments owners the V Collection 8 for $149. I know 9 is probably not far away but that seems like a desperate price to me. I'm trying to think of reasons not to buy it but I have to admit I'm struggling to keep my credit card in my wallet.
Thanks for the heads up on this..I must not have been sent an email, though I own pigments.

I'm not too fussed about any of these except the buchla easel, which I keep missing on sale.

This offer costs the same as the buchla easel, and includes twenty (ish) other synths. Seems a bargain. Though I'll never scratch the surface of most of them?

Return to “Instruments”