Arturia V Collection 8 Stupidly Cheap Offer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
V Collection X

bmanic wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:47 pm Unfortunately I don't seem to really like the basic sound of the Easel. Not sure how accurate the emulation is but it's a bit "hard" sounding, even with soft sounds. Difficult to explain.. but yeah, I will have to dig into that a bit more. It is a very capable little package, that's for sure!
It's definitely a very present sound. They did a great job. It sounds like something real.

It's weird to program, or even tweak. Sounds great though.

I had the 99€ upgrade offer. Since I am still on V6, it was time for an upgrade ;) However, I don't use all the plug-ins in the package either.
Does anyone know which of the older plug-ins have received a major update? I only remember an improved Jupiter 8 v2 and that the Minimoog got an improved filter. But Matrix12 etc. are all still the old versions, right?

4damind wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:35 am I had the 99€ upgrade offer. Since I am still on V6, it was time for an upgrade ;) However, I don't use all the plug-ins in the package either.
Does anyone know which of the older plug-ins have received a major update? I only remember an improved Jupiter 8 v2 and that the Minimoog got an improved filter. But Matrix12 etc. are all still the old versions, right?
Yes the mini v definitely, but I think most of the old ones have un update! I think only Modular remained the same. Matrix 12 sounded good from the beginning!
To my ears, Prophet sounds really good (the analogue), so I don't know if they improve it or not.

I upgraded for VC 6,and most of the VC6 instruments are the same versions in VC8. I.E. with a couple of exceptions - have not been re-written enough for Arturia to charge for them. What I'm saying ... is the VC6 versions with the following two exceptions, are the same versions you will get in VC 8.

Jup-8 V3 is dropped.. and replaced with the V4. Stage-73 is dropped and replaced by V2.

These are new if you move from VC6 to VC8:
OB-Xa
Emulator II V
Vocoder V
Jun-6 V
Synthi V
CZ V
Mellotron V

Patchworks included in what I got
Synthopedia included in what I got

When Arturia updates an existing version of an instrument, yours will be updated if your V Collection includes it, regardless of how old your V Collection version is. So the only difference in a newer V Collection will be the instruments that were added since the Collection you purchased.

For example Prophet V3 is included in both V Collection 6 and 8. So either one you own, you will have the latest version, which is v3.9.1.1843.
Last edited by jamcat on Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:21 am When Arturia updates an existing version of an instrument, yours will be updated if your V Collection includes it, regardless of how old your V Collection version is. So the only difference in a newer V Collection will be the instruments that were added since the Collection you purchased.
This was true.. until Arturia began re-writing the underlying versions significantly. That is.. Jup 8V and Stage were re-written significantly, and the new versions were not given to previous V Collection owners in ASC.. We're arguing semantics though. :)

Well, that's because V3 and V4 are two different instruments. My V Collection 4 has zero instruments in common with V Collection 6 or 8. Those older Vs did not get free upgrades either. So that's always the case when the V# goes up.

That also maintains backwards compatibility, so if I wanted to install Jupiter-8 V2 next to Jup-8 V3 and Jup-8 V4, I could have all 3 versions on my system.

wrong.png
Dude.. I think we're saying the same thing, but looking at it differently. In any case - my initial post - was to point out that from VC6 to VC8 -- all the versions via ASC are the same except the two I mentioned. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I wasn't ever arguing against your post, just supplementing it. ;)

jdoo wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:05 am I upgraded for VC 6,and most of the VC6 instruments are the same versions in VC8. I.E. with a couple of exceptions - have not been re-written enough for Arturia to charge for them. What I'm saying ... is the VC6 versions with the following two exceptions, are the same versions you will get in VC 8.

Jup-8 V3 is dropped.. and replaced with the V4. Stage-73 is dropped and replaced by V2.

These are new if you move from VC6 to VC8:
OB-Xa
Emulator II V
Vocoder V
Jun-6 V
Synthi V
CZ V
Mellotron V

Patchworks included in what I got
Synthopedia included in what I got
Thank you, that's a good overview.
Jupiter 8 v4 is the most interesting plugin for me, because it was more or less completely rewritten (?). Among the new plug-ins, I also found the Casio quite interesting. But not so interesting to pay the full price for the V-Collection update :P

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:45 pm
Bla28 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:13 pm Not going to buy Pigment so that I can buy the V8 collection. Arturia should make this deal available to everyone.
No they shouldn't. Why should any bum off the street who has never bought a single thing from Arturia get to buy V8 for this super discounted price?

I don't care about bums.
I am pretty sure I am one of the highest earners on this entire forum lol. :hihi:

Bla28 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:22 am
Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:45 pm
Bla28 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:13 pm Not going to buy Pigment so that I can buy the V8 collection. Arturia should make this deal available to everyone.
No they shouldn't. Why should any bum off the street who has never bought a single thing from Arturia get to buy V8 for this super discounted price?

I don't care about bums.
I am pretty sure I am one of the highest earners on this entire forum lol. :hihi:
You might very well be. I have no idea what the financial situation of any member of this forum is, nor is it something that I give much thought to.

However, my post was meant more in a general sense and I wasn't calling you a bum personally. I doubt that there are many real, actual bums who would visit this forum.

I still do believe that the discount should not be available for "everybody" and it isn't, so all is good.

Was Wurli V updated?
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

jamcat wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:40 am Well, that's because V3 and V4 are two different instruments.My V Collection 4 has zero instruments in common with V Collection 6 or 8. Those older Vs did not get free upgrades either. So that's always the case when the V# goes up.

That also maintains backwards compatibility, so if I wanted to install Jupiter-8 V2 next to Jup-8 V3 and Jup-8 V4, I could have all 3 versions on my system.
Some of the instruments are the same, but a lot have been added or updated:
https://www.arturia.com/company/press/p ... lection3_0

They’re definitely all different. I only have V Collection 8 installed, and there is an “install” button for every V Collection 4 instrument in ASC. None say “installed.” V Collection 6 shows a mix of installed and not installed instruments.

Return to “Instruments”