Korg Wavestate and Opsix for Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

greententacle wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:40 pm all my presets are gone.
Do you mean user presets, or *all* presets? (The latter can be a problem with permissions.) If it's your own user presets, first, I'm really sorry about that. Can you let me know what OS and hardware you're using?
Dan Phillips
Manager of Product Development, Korg R&D

1.02 installer warns you that it'll overwrite third party presets.

Roman Wisniak wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:40 pm 1.02 installer warns you that it'll overwrite third party presets.
The installers are different on Windows and macOS. On Windows, there are three options: full install, plug-in and app only, or sounds only. The full install and sounds only options should have that extra warning (including an extra confirmation dialog). On macOS, it *should* be impossible to overwrite the database after the initial install, but apparently something may have gone wrong there.
Dan Phillips

danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:32 pm
greententacle wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:40 pm all my presets are gone.
Do you mean user presets, or *all* presets? (The latter can be a problem with permissions.) If it's your own user presets, first, I'm really sorry about that. Can you let me know what OS and hardware you're using?
user
🇷🇺

EnGee wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:10 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:02 pm
EnGee wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:42 pm When you run the installer, there is an option for updating only vs full install. I think this is the option to choose if you want to keep the libraries untouched.
I only saw that option on PC.
Rsp
Oh! That's not good then! I hope you have a backup of your work.
Thank goodness yes.
rsp
sound sculptist

danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:26 pm
zvenx wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:39 pm Holy Hell.. 1.02. update deleted all my third party presets.. WTH!!!

Mac 11.6.5 so far.. intel

rsp
I'm really sorry to hear that; preventing data loss is a primary concern. My main machine now is on 12.3.1, Apple Silicon; I will shortly test on 10.14.6, Intel. On the 12.3.1 machine, I removed the sounds from Users/Shared, did a fresh install of 1.0.1, created a few test Performances, and finally did the update to 1.0.2. I confirmed that (a) the option to re-install the sounds is grayed out when upgrading (see screenshot - do you remember if yours looked different?), and (b) that the test Performances were still there. I'll look into this further, and if it's OK, I'd like to contact you via DM for further testing.

sound install unavailable.png
Hi, sure you can contact me via DM.
Ok... some addition info.. I did see the Factory sounds, but I left it on just in case any of the factory stuff was updated..
Secondly by third party presets I mean the app-sound stuff I bought, which were setlists and performances but no additional samples.. As you know, your system just puts all of them together with unintelligible names (unlike any other soft synth I have ever worked with btw :)) so the bank names never show up in the folders in finder or desktop themselves..

I suspect what it did, was remove the entire system preset folder and replaced it.. and since your import setlists (which is how app-sound sells his banks) just merge into the system Preset folder they went MIA.. Fortunately I had backups.

Also not sure if makes a difference but I am also using Symbolic Links on my Mac and Junctions on my PC for your stuff.

rsp
sound sculptist

Roman Wisniak wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:40 pm 1.02 installer warns you that it'll overwrite third party presets.
PC I assume not Mac? where does it? I imagine if you do full install on pc?
rsp
sound sculptist

I'm on PC now.

danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:45 pm
The installers are different on Windows and macOS. On Windows, there are three options: full install, plug-in and app only, or sounds only. The full install and sounds only options should have that extra warning (including an extra confirmation dialog). On macOS, it *should* be impossible to overwrite the database after the initial install, but apparently something may have gone wrong there.
I think Dan explains it the issue here.
rsp
sound sculptist

greententacle wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:07 pm
danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:32 pm Do you mean user presets, or *all* presets? (The latter can be a problem with permissions.) If it's your own user presets, first, I'm really sorry about that. Can you let me know what OS and hardware you're using?
user
Can you let me know what OS and hardware you're using?
Dan Phillips

zvenx wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:21 pm Also not sure if makes a difference but I am also using Symbolic Links on my Mac and Junctions on my PC for your stuff.
I'm pretty sure that's the issue. We use different, OS-native installers for macOS and Windows, which have different approaches. On macOS, the installer checks for the presence of the sound database; if it's there, it doesn't offer the option to reinstall the database. It's possible that the symbolic link caused this detection to fail, resulting in the option being enabled.

Can you post exactly what you did for the symbolic link, so that we can recreate this here? (Or, send a DM if you prefer.)
Dan Phillips

I'm wondering if the other two reports were from Windows users. The Windows installer has three options, which show the following text:

Full install (software and factory sounds & samples; erases user sounds)
Update existing installation
Install factory sounds & samples only (erases user sounds)

I'm wondering if it's possible that the other two reports were due to selecting one of the options labeled "erases user sounds." Even if so, this may show that it's too easy to do, and so we should look for another way to present this. Please let me know!
Dan Phillips

danatkorg wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:06 am
zvenx wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:21 pm Also not sure if makes a difference but I am also using Symbolic Links on my Mac and Junctions on my PC for your stuff.
I'm pretty sure that's the issue. We use different, OS-native installers for macOS and Windows, which have different approaches. On macOS, the installer checks for the presence of the sound database; if it's there, it doesn't offer the option to reinstall the database. It's possible that the symbolic link caused this detection to fail, resulting in the option being enabled.

Can you post exactly what you did for the symbolic link, so that we can recreate this here? (Or, send a DM if you prefer.)
Hi
I used.. one of the methods here.

https://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorial ... -your-mac/

Specifically this one..
Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 7.16.33 PM.jpg

So now I have it as a right click on my mouse..

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

danatkorg wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:51 pm Hi all! We've just updated wavestate native to version 1.0.2, available through Korg Software Pass. Version 1.0.2 includes a number of improvements in response to initial user feedback, as detailed below.

We're aware of reports of high CPU usage on some systems, particularly when idle (even though the per-voice CPU usage is low). Without going into too much detail, this appears to be caused by the way that some combinations of operating systems and processors handle multi-threading. We're currently testing a fix for this (along with a few other user-reported issues), and if all goes well we hope to release another update soon.

Changes in wavestate native version 1.0.2

* The Sound Browser now includes columns for created/modified times (you may need to scroll to see them initially; drag and drop to rearrange columns as desired). Previously these were available only in the Librarian window.
* Added new Librarian menu command: Export Bundle of All User Sounds. This exports a bundle of all non-write-protected data, for backing up or transferring all of your custom sounds at once.
* Added option to skip factory sounds on import.
* Added new menu commands for documentation and help: Open Online Manual and Open Help Center.
* Playing notes with Performance Hold enabled could eventually cause high CPU usage. This has now been fixed.
* Display of Vector Joystick position is now centered at startup (actual sound is unaffected).
* Fixed problem with Import when overwriting a larger version of an item with a smaller version. This would crash on macOS, and show the error "Not enough storage space available" on Windows.
* When multiple instances of wavestate native were running simultaneously, there could be audible glitches. This has now been fixed.
* Dragging from Aftertouch, Velocity, or other keyboard sources no longer switches the Mod Source pane to Keyboard. Previously this prevented dragging from these sources to another mod source.
* Improved text in the installer.
* Set the VST category to Synth.
* Previously, the Windows installer inadvertently included an option to change the install location. This has been removed.
* Previously, Layer Mod knobs might not redraw properly on layer change if knobs had differing polarity. This has now been fixed.
* Previously, copy/pasting a layer could cause an intermittent crash. This has now been fixed.
So, and now, does this update also show up in the Korg installer app (Korg Software Pass) ? I guess, that is developed by another team which then needs a trigger from a server developed by another team ... updates that are not accessible seem to have zero customer value .... Not sure why companies opt for such a convoluted process as it easily lights up weaknesses ....

Im on win 11 and im using wavestate hardware with updated Firmware. (Maschine MK3, KK49 MK2, Minilogue XD, )
I saw No warning while installing the update
And thank you for the fast reply. Its not though hard, because i have the third party soundbanks in my wavestate hardware, only some user presets are really away. .
Last edited by Myramalou on Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”