Speedrum updated to v1.5.3

Official support for: apisoniclabs.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

I recently bought Speedrum because I really like the software and I tried the lite version before.
What I would be very happy about would be a search function with which you can e.g. B. could quickly find the hihats (incl. folder) saved in the favorites, because you have to search for them manually. Speedrum is already very good, but you can always improve or expand something. ;-)

MartyK wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:58 am Hi there,

I recently bought Speedrum because I really like the software and I tried the lite version before.
What I would be very happy about would be a search function with which you can e.g. B. could quickly find the hihats (incl. folder) saved in the favorites, because you have to search for them manually. Speedrum is already very good, but you can always improve or expand something. ;-)
Yeah, the browser will definitely get some improvements when I get to it. But the slicer is first in line :wink:

apisonic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:38 pm
mgiambro wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:26 am I encountered an issue last night when previewing samples in the browser by clicking on them. What was happening was that the first one or two samples would play, but after that any sample I click on produces no audio. If I then click play in the daw (Reaper) and go back to the Speedrum browser, the same thing happens - it will play a couple, then no sound. At first I thought it was Reapers' auto mute kicking in for clipping samples, but it doesn't seem to be that. It's odd. This happens only on my desktop pc. The laptop seems fine. This started happening after I added more samples to my library. However, the issue occurs now when clicking samples which were fine before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I found a typo. On the tooltip for the browser favourites button you're missing an 'r'.

Fantastic drum sampler by the way. Great intuitive workflow. I'd been looking for something like this for ages before you released it!
I can't reproduce that. On which operating system? Is this only happening with the new version, or also with the previous one?

Thanks, for the typo report!
Just to get back to you on this, I have had the browser auditioning stop working in both 1.23 and 1.30. It seems to happen sporadically and I can't identify a set of steps to reproduce it. It's not a showstopper as I can use the daw browser when this happens.

mgiambro wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:35 pm
apisonic wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:38 pm
mgiambro wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:26 am I encountered an issue last night when previewing samples in the browser by clicking on them. What was happening was that the first one or two samples would play, but after that any sample I click on produces no audio. If I then click play in the daw (Reaper) and go back to the Speedrum browser, the same thing happens - it will play a couple, then no sound. At first I thought it was Reapers' auto mute kicking in for clipping samples, but it doesn't seem to be that. It's odd. This happens only on my desktop pc. The laptop seems fine. This started happening after I added more samples to my library. However, the issue occurs now when clicking samples which were fine before. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, I found a typo. On the tooltip for the browser favourites button you're missing an 'r'.

Fantastic drum sampler by the way. Great intuitive workflow. I'd been looking for something like this for ages before you released it!
I can't reproduce that. On which operating system? Is this only happening with the new version, or also with the previous one?

Thanks, for the typo report!
Just to get back to you on this, I have had the browser auditioning stop working in both 1.23 and 1.30. It seems to happen sporadically and I can't identify a set of steps to reproduce it. It's not a showstopper as I can use the daw browser when this happens.
Thanks for checking, I still can't reproduce it. Anyway, I'll take a deeper look when I'm on the browser's enhancement.

This could be unrelated, but I had a thing not too long ago where I was only getting auditioning audio in the browser once each time I opened the GUI. I discovered that the audition volume knob had somehow gotten turned all the way down. After turning the volume back up it has worked fine. The confusing thing about it was that it still always played audio for the first sample I clicked even though the volume was down...

I just checked, and this does still seem to be the case with 1.3.0... With audition volume turned down, the first clicked sample still plays at normal level.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

elcalen wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:35 pm This could be unrelated, but I had a thing not too long ago where I was only getting auditioning audio in the browser once each time I opened the GUI. I discovered that the audition volume knob had somehow gotten turned all the way down. After turning the volume back up it has worked fine. The confusing thing about it was that it still always played audio for the first sample I clicked even though the volume was down...

I just checked, and this does still seem to be the case with 1.3.0... With audition volume turned down, the first clicked sample still plays at normal level.
Thanks, I can reproduce that.

mgiambro wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:35 pm Just to get back to you on this, I have had the browser auditioning stop working in both 1.23 and 1.30. It seems to happen sporadically and I can't identify a set of steps to reproduce it. It's not a showstopper as I can use the daw browser when this happens.
One more question. Does this happen also when you use the up/down keys, or only with the mouse click?

apisonic wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:49 am
mgiambro wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:35 pm Just to get back to you on this, I have had the browser auditioning stop working in both 1.23 and 1.30. It seems to happen sporadically and I can't identify a set of steps to reproduce it. It's not a showstopper as I can use the daw browser when this happens.
One more question. Does this happen also when you use the up/down keys, or only with the mouse click?
I've only noticed this with the mouse click. I'll test further and if I can reproduce this with the arrow keys, I'll let you know.

Hi there, just wondering if you were able to test Speedrum with the Gig Performer 4 DAW? I'm still ocassionally experiencing the issue where when I load multiple instances of Speedrum into separate rackspaces, sometimes some of the instances of Speedrum will load completely blank (without my samples). Most of them load fine, but since I'm using this in a live performance context, want to be sure the plugin state recalls correctly on every load. Thanks!

jackmuta wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:03 am Hi there, just wondering if you were able to test Speedrum with the Gig Performer 4 DAW? I'm still ocassionally experiencing the issue where when I load multiple instances of Speedrum into separate rackspaces, sometimes some of the instances of Speedrum will load completely blank (without my samples). Most of them load fine, but since I'm using this in a live performance context, want to be sure the plugin state recalls correctly on every load. Thanks!
Please try the new beta, you can get it from the discord channel (join at apisoniclabs.com -> support -> discord). And you leave the feedback there, for beta ;)

apisonic wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:57 pm Please try the new beta, you can get it from the discord channel (join at apisoniclabs.com -> support -> discord). And you leave the feedback there, for beta ;)
Will do! Just downloaded and I'll check in on discord if the beta gives me issues.

Sorry to clog up this thread with the constant posts lol

+ [Browser] toggle to autoload selected sample to active editor (like with Enter key)
# [Browser] fixed preview volume behavior for first preview after opening
# improved saving/loading of plugin state
# fixed not saving state in rare cases
# fixed loading saved state if the plugin was bypassed/disabled in the host
# dsp optimizations

Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

:phones: thanks :tu:
Processor AMD PRO A10-8750B R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB (30.9 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

https://soundclick.com/guerillagenus

Amazing ! just bought it. question: any plans for a time stretch function for the slicer or for pads to play back loops at the DAW tempo?

Return to “Apisonic Labs”