The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes,
Congrats on your mystery group! Now listening to "Just Another 4th of July": sounds familiar somehow; though it's probably "just another" wagtunes classic with very good melodies! This song reminds me of the Buggles somehow; that is a compliment. Sounds good all around for me! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:20 am wagtunes,
Congrats on your mystery group! Now listening to "Just Another 4th of July": sounds familiar somehow; though it's probably "just another" wagtunes classic with very good melodies! This song reminds me of the Buggles somehow; that is a compliment. Sounds good all around for me! :)
Thanks Aaron. I guess it's that time of the month again. I'll go see what you've got posted. Always look forward to your new stuff.

Excellent news and excellent songs Wagtunes - congratulations!

Although I might not like all of your tunes, the vast majority I find catchy and then suddenly ear-worming their way into my brain!

Also, fair play to you for keeping focused and actually getting music out regularly and which consistently we can identify as your sound.
There is so much potential for distraction (with entertainment, bad news stories, life in general etc...) in this world that the real difference imho between musicians (of all types: pro / semi-pro / hobbyist) who progress and those who don't is in their focus on making music, drive and willingness to forge their own sonic identity.
And those are no easy attributes to have.

So congrats!

dark water wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:20 pm Excellent news and excellent songs Wagtunes - congratulations!

Although I might not like all of your tunes, the vast majority I find catchy and then suddenly ear-worming their way into my brain!

Also, fair play to you for keeping focused and actually getting music out regularly and which consistently we can identify as your sound.
There is so much potential for distraction (with entertainment, bad news stories, life in general etc...) in this world that the real difference imho between musicians (of all types: pro / semi-pro / hobbyist) who progress and those who don't is in their focus on making music, drive and willingness to forge their own sonic identity.
And those are no easy attributes to have.

So congrats!
Thanks for the really nice post. It was my pleasant surprise for the day. And don't worry, I don't like all my tunes either. LOL. In fact, some of them I'd like to forget I even wrote. LOL.

Anyway, a new one will be coming shortly. It's a total goof but I had fun doing it.

Excellent :tu:

8th track from my upcoming CD "Holidays"

I really needed to just do something stupid. This is my thumbs down to Labor Day.

Labor Day Blues

I go to work
My boss is a jerk
My name is Dirk
I got the labor day blues

I work nine to five
But I don't feel alive
That ain't no jive

Every day is labor
Every day's a grind
I work until I'm bleeding
I work until I'm blind

I ask for a raise
I ask for days
But it's all a haze

Instrumental Break

Repeat B Section

I know I should quit
Cause my boss is a twit
That ain't no shit

Outro Fade

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/labor-day-blues

wagtunes,
"Labor Day Blues": this has kind of a country rock vibe, yet I could still picture this in a music theater setting. I found quite a bit of humor in this: in a good way! Nice melodies. Vocals fit the song......and where did those darn dogs come from? Ha ha. Down boy! That was fun. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:10 am wagtunes,
"Labor Day Blues": this has kind of a country rock vibe, yet I could still picture this in a music theater setting. I found quite a bit of humor in this: in a good way! Nice melodies. Vocals fit the song......and where did those darn dogs come from? Ha ha. Down boy! That was fun. :)
Thanks Aaron. Just felt the urge to do something stupid. I hope I succeeded.

Whenever my wife asks me a loaded question, I just reply, "whatever you say dear".

Stumbled over this old track today. Completely forgot about it. Kind of catchy.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/go-for-broke

9th track from my upcoming CD "Holidays"

I really pushed the envelope on this one (33 tracks) which is a lot for me. Talk about a mixing nightmare.

Halloween Hell

Crazy boys and crazy girls they creep around this crazy world
Dressed like ghouls and dressed like witches you'll be shittin in your britches
On this night of Halloween you'll see things you've never seen
This fair warning I will give through this night you'll never live

Halloween hell...I'm sure you can tell
It doesn't end well for you or any of your friends
A walk in the park...a shot in the dark
You're just a mark until the night comes to an end
Halloween hell...so go ring your bell
While locked in your cell banging your head against the wall
The trick is the treat...the ghouls that you'll meet
Will see your defeat and end this night once and for all
Halloween hell...You're under it's spell

Over there all nice and cozy shake it with Bela Legosi
Frankenstein will curl your toes just ask your mama hell she knows
There's no place to run and hide they'll kill you with cyanide
Pretty soon as sure as I know it know it you will die

Repeat Chorus

Can you feel the doom that's in the air
In this graveyard filled with dread and despair

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/halloween-hell

Love it.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

eassae wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:59 pmLove it.
Thanks. I loved doing it.

Go for Broke
Good honest song. A little too much distortion in places for me, but perhaps that's a stylistic choice you went for.
Halloween
Synth sound at the beginning fits the song well. Good sound choice, combined with the lead at 1:20, its really good.
Second verse was enhanced well with rhythmic focus. Great job :tu:

Bansaw wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:22 pm Go for Broke
Good honest song. A little too much distortion in places for me, but perhaps that's a stylistic choice you went for.
Halloween
Synth sound at the beginning fits the song well. Good sound choice, combined with the lead at 1:20, its really good.
Second verse was enhanced well with rhythmic focus. Great job :tu:
Thanks. Broke is a very old song back from when I didn't know what an EQ was. So no stylistic choice there. Just a bad recording. LOL.

Return to “Music Cafe”