Remote Control for FX

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Remote Control

Hi, I'm sure I'm just missing something, but I can't seem to figure out how to use Remote Control to control the parameters on an FX plugin. I'm on Studio One and the tutorial makes it clear how to assign it to an instrument, but not say a compressor knob etc. Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks!

It should be the same for an FX (if it support MIDI CC messages). You just need an extra MIDI track to carry the events from the Remote Control to the FX plug-in.

Thanks for the reply, but I'm still stuck. Like, I want to add a gain plugin to every channel in my mix and then assign each one to a slider in Remote Control. Is that possible? With Studio One's Control Link system I would need the DAW to see Remote Control as an external midi controller, which I don't think I can make work here--right? The click for midi learn function is no longer available. You actually use Studio One in your video tutorial, so I'm hoping someone on your end will know how to do this and be able to provide some details.

Thanks!

That's indeed possible but you would need one MIDI track for each audio track, so it's not very convenient. The remote plug-in is currently "only" a plug-in so I don't think there is a way for Studio One to see it as a control surface. Maybe if it is hosted in another app you could use it as a "generic" MIDI control surface?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”