SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.9.16 update: New skin + bug fixes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 2 iOS SynthMaster Everything Bundle SynthMaster Player

Hi everyone,

We are proud to announce the latest v2.9.12 update for our SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster Player software synthesizers. This update brings 2 major new features:

1. Compatibility with Native Instruments' Native Kontrol Standard (NKS). NKS allows SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster Player to be seamlessly integrated with Native Instruments' Maschine and Komplete Kontrol hardware and software.

SynthMaster NKS.jpg

2. Compatibility with VST3 format: VST3 has been a longstanding feature request from SynthMaster users, and KV331 Audio finally managed to deliver it. SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster Player can now run in VST3 format as well, on Windows (64 bit Intel) and MacOS (64 bit Intel or Apple Silicon) platforms. For SynthMaster One users, an update is on the way as well in the coming weeks.

SynthMaster VST3.jpg

Aside from those 2 major features, there are critical bug fixes/improvements in this release as well:

1. NEW: Added Auto Assign/Remove easy parameters feature
2. NEW: Modulation matrix entries can now grow as necessary (previous limit was 64 entries)
3. NEW: When a preset is loaded via MIDI Program Change, preset browser filter is now updated
4. NEW: Preset banks are now stored under Public Documents folder instead of user's Documents folder
5. NEW: Free version of SynthMaster Player now comes with 600 factory presets, and can be downloaded at: https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmasterplayer.aspx
6. NEW: Demo version of SynthMaster 2 now comes with 1200 factory presets, and can be downloaded at: https://www.synthmaster.com/synthmaster.aspx
7. FIX: SynthMaster Player doesn't load FX Bypass parameters correctly
8. FIX: SynthMaster might stop responding to MIDI CC messages when it receives multiple CC messages
9. FIX: SynthMaster has inconsistencies displaying parameter values
10. FIX: Mono trigger doesn't work correctly for the very first note
11. FIX: 24 db/Oct digital HP/BP/BS filters don't work correctly

Registers SynthMaster/SynthMaster Player users can simply dowload the latest update by checking for updates inside the plugin window(s).

SynthMaster Update.jpg

Bulent
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by kv331 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks for the update. Is there a place that we can get the NKS presets for the Everything Bundle sound banks?
-- Insert profound words here --

downSouthside wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:47 pm Thanks for the update. Is there a place that we can get the NKS presets for the Everything Bundle sound banks?
Please wait for a couple of days. We're generating/editing the NKS versions of expansion presets. You'd be able to download them the same way you download the expansions: Click on the preset name on the top header and select "Restore my expansions" menu.
Works at KV331 Audio

There is something wrong with the installer. It installs DLLs to C disk despite having selected different directory and doesnt show full plugin anymore. Instead i see this.

Need to roll back to previous version.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:55 pm There is something wrong with the installer. It installs DLLs to C disk despite having selected different directory and doesnt show full plugin anymore. Instead i see this.

I'm trying to reproduce this issue. In the mean time, here are the v2.9.11 installer links:

MacOS: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlqvde4p9dzql ... p.zip?dl=0

Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jct38xidq1a9c ... p.zip?dl=0
Works at KV331 Audio

Hello
After upgrading SM2, when loading the most recent project into Reaper, the plugin (or the DAW) complains that the factory preset bank file is saved with a higher version of SM2. See the screenshot below.
SM2 Standalone doesn't show this message. But in the meantime, I resynced presets.

https://i.imgur.com/3tAwiwe.png

maxym.srpl wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:28 pm Hello
After upgrading SM2, when loading the most recent project into Reaper, the plugin (or the DAW) complains that the factory preset bank file is saved with a higher version of SM2. See the screenshot below.
You have multiple versions of SynthMaster2.dll installed in your system. v2.9.12 doesn't have 32 bit dlls, maybe you have an older 32bit dll somewhere detected by your DAW. please remove all SynthMaster2.dll's from your system and reinstall v2.9.12
Works at KV331 Audio

Thank you for your instant answer.
How did you deduct this error is related to 32bit library?
The mentioned project makes use of SM2 64 bit only (Reaper's Project Bay confirms that).

Yet yesterday it was loading fine. Today I updated SM2 by clicking next,next,next in updater (it updated into previously chosen paths and only VST3 and VST2 64bit)

BTW. Every attempt to add a new instance of SM2 to the project (even an empty one) ends up with:
1. reported message and
2. crash of the plugin/Reaper

maxym.srpl wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:51 pm Thank you for your instant answer.
How did you deduct this error is related to 32bit library?
The mentioned project makes use of SM2 64 bit only (Reaper's Project Bay confirms that).
I didn't assume you have 32bit dlls. But I am almost 100% sure that you have an older SynthMaster2.dll running in your system, and your DAW detected that one. Because the latest version would not throw that higher bank version error.
Works at KV331 Audio

Indeed. Obviously in the past had moved dlls manually from installation dir to subdir. Now, the update process saved new versions into the installation path resulting in doubled vsts.
Thank you for your support.

Lbdunequest wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:55 pm There is something wrong with the installer. It installs DLLs to C disk despite having selected different directory and doesnt show full plugin anymore. Instead i see this.

What's your Windows version? and FLStudio version? Also, what's your screen size? Are you using a single monitor or multiple monitors?

Thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio

maxym.srpl wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:28 pm Hello
SM2 Standalone doesn't show this message. But in the meantime, I resynced presets.

https://i.imgur.com/3tAwiwe.png
i'm getting this message too
windows 10, reaper

kv331 wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:02 pm

What's your Windows version? and FLStudio version? Also, what's your screen size? Are you using a single monitor or multiple monitors?

Thanks!
Windows 10, Fl studio 20.9.2, 1 monitor 32 inch 1440p (125% scaling)

emef wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:59 pm i'm getting this message too
windows 10, reaper
I wrote the solution above :)
Works at KV331 Audio

Looks like this issue was happening with the VST2 version not VST3. Anyhow just fixed it, update coming in a couple of hours.
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”