MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:56 pm We are actually going to have to move MODO BASS 2 to May in order to ensure we get the best version to you, sorry about that.
Pitchforks at the ready . . . :box:
Say NO to CLAP!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:04 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:18 pm I have predicted the Orange Vocoder release to the same period. Lets hold our breath…
I predict only one of us will be right! :hihi:
…or none of us.

Race is still on between the IK and Zynaptiq…

Harry_HH wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:30 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:04 pm
Harry_HH wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:18 pm I have predicted the Orange Vocoder release to the same period. Lets hold our breath…
I predict only one of us will be right! :hihi:
…or none of us.

Race is still on between the IK and Zynaptiq…
Yes, well, with the date slipping to May, my original prediction does not stand. Would be great if Orange Vocoder suddenly hit out of the blue though I'm not holding my breath.

Just listened to the Modo Bass 2 demo and... first impression is it doesn't seem very realistic and I don't like it. Strange because I actually like Modo Bass in a mix, especially when it's put through a nice analog emulation chain (PA bass amps etc.).

But maybe that extra time they're taking to improve it will... improve it.

Lack of MPE is also disappointing, though bass is usually monophonic.

Would be good to hear a demo displaying the advantages of physical modeling---pitch bend, playability. Maybe also a few obviously unrealistic ("impossible") playing styles.

Of course the other main advantage is saving RAM when I'm using a bunch of sampled virtual instruments....

Always ignore IK’s demos and presets. Monkeys could do better.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:54 pm Always ignore IK’s demos and presets. Monkeys could do better.
Monkeys can do a lot of things better than humans!
Look at the state of our world...

Ou_Tis wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:31 pm
Sure, but it's not at all uncommon for bass player to have an open note ring out, while fretting another note and adding vibrato. I do that way more often than I attempt to play slap bass and they gave us that! If you're emulating any kind of stringed instrument, MPE should be baked right in because it will help you get closer to what real performers can do.

SteinyFritz wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:07 am Only Pepe knows...
jamcat wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:03 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:52 pm We don't have a date to share, sorry.
Do you have a year?
But Peter has told us that Pepe has aged about as well as an IK release date.

Not in my house it isn't.

rjt60b-3.jpg
:hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:27 pm
koolkeys wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:55 pm Upgrade price was a bit steep, but the combo upgrade deal for MODO Bass 2 and MODO Drum 1.5 upgrade, mixed with some Jampoints, made it much better!
What's the combo upgrade deal? Haven't seen that.
It was available in my account under the "Crossgrade/Upgrade" menu item (click on the little person icon in the upper right corner to see it). It only shows things you are eligible for as that upgrade has now disappeared after I bought it.

It was $199 for Modo Bass 2 and Modo Drums 1.5 combo upgrade. Jampoints can take it down further, which is what I did.

Brent
My host is better than your host

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:05 pm
Sure, but it's not at all uncommon for bass player to have an open note ring out, while fretting another note and adding vibrato. I do that way more often than I attempt to play slap bass and they gave us that! If you're emulating any kind of stringed instrument, MPE should be baked right in because it will help you get closer to what real performers can do.
It's also not just about the polyphony but also having a bigger bend range to emulate the fretless slides, as well as working in separate voice tracking for mono in order to not clash the bend and modulations on note cut-offs (otherwise you can midi messages confusion on the overlapping legato notes).

So, Thursday, then?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:27 pm
koolkeys wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:55 pm Upgrade price was a bit steep, but the combo upgrade deal for MODO Bass 2 and MODO Drum 1.5 upgrade, mixed with some Jampoints, made it much better!
What's the combo upgrade deal? Haven't seen that.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... m15-bundle
Say NO to CLAP!

Still no guitars though. Yeah I'd like to think we'll see em this year or next but for some strange reason I have a gut feeling that I am going to be disappointed and heartbroken.

And what's so tragic about it is that IK prolly won't have anything to do with it. World economics going to shit and all that. It's amazing how the world seems to be against you and all the stars align in really bad ways to ensure you never realise your dreams.

We have literally endless drum samples. Drums are so easy to sample. Guitars are not and an entire collection would prolly wipe out half my disk space whilst still not satisfying or flexible. Enter the solution but it's not here.

Something tells me it won't either. For whatever reason. Probably world economics. I hear things aren't going too well. Oh well. So I have had to put my dreams of owning an ITB rock/jazz band on hold for a long time maybe forever.

I'm breathing again. I won't hold it again. I swear I am already feeling relief because I've been holding my breath for too long. Finally I can put this silly wishful thinking to rest because for whatever reason it ain't gonna happen.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Return to “Instruments”