SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.9.16 update: New skin + bug fixes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 2 iOS SynthMaster Everything Bundle SynthMaster Player

kv331 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:50 am The standalone version text might out wrong, you can disregard that. As long as file timestamp is recent, no problem.

Let's do a clean installation one last time
KV331,

Woohoo!

Did a deep clean of all the Synthmaster 2 files system wide (including the registry) and followed the "clean install" steps as above.

Can confirm everything installed in the right spot and yes - SM2 now appears correctly within Studio One and has full operation via Komplete Kontrol and my S61 MKII.

All good - much thanks for your efforts to get this working for us.

Cheers

VP

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:15 pm
All good - much thanks for your efforts to get this working for us.

Cheers

VP
You are very welcome! Thank you for your patience :hug:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Upgrading this vsti via the synths online updater breaks the plugin for me.

I just install 2.9 and say no to the updater.

Smasha wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:34 amUpgrading this vsti via the synths online updater breaks the plugin for me. I just install 2.9 and say no to the updater.
This was my experience as well. The vendor could do us all a favor by ditching that "updater" and just put this new 800mb installer (last link posted today) up there as the only download available.

VP

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:02 am
This was my experience as well. The vendor could do us all a favor by ditching that "updater" and just put this new 800mb installer (last link posted today) up there as the only download available.
Were you running v2.9.9 or older before updating ? There was a bug on the server about the update logic, just fixed that.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:16 amWere you running v2.9.9 or older before updating ? There was a bug on the server about the update logic, just fixed that.
I believe it was 2.9.10. After I placed my order - I was instructed download a "main" installer (which was somewhere around 650-670MB and then an "updater" to 2.9.12 that was exactly 160 MB (168,454,816 bytes).

Combining the two of these together in my first install attempt - resulting in disaster. Nothing worked. For my second attempt - I removed everything (but not quite as "clean" as you later suggested yesterday) and then I tried again but just installed the 2.9.10 main installer and that too did not work. A third attempt saw me try both again - and that did not work again either so I left it until you chimed in with the clean install instructions AND that new combo installer that is exactly 784 MB (822,272,504 bytes) in size.

It was this new 800MB mondo combo installer that worked perfectly for me.

But if you planning on leaving this confusing thing in our downloads area:
2022-04-30_06-24-46.png
That is a problem. This installer does not even know what version it is - is it 2.9.12 or is it 2.9.10 or what version I am downloading?

I can see users becoming massively confused and it's clear from my testing anyway that this one (677MB) if it's the one I started with on April 28 - does not work.

It would be nice to see just two installers here - (in my case anyway) - the most recent (and known working) installers for both SM1 and SM2 and get rid of all the rest.

I cannot think of a reason anyone would need the SM2 v 2.9.8 installer when you are heavily promoting the goodness within 2.9.12 now.

Cheers

VP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:31 pm
But if you planning on leaving this confusing thing in our downloads area:

2022-04-30_06-24-46.png
The text description was incorrect (the file is v2.9.12, not 2.9.10), I updated it.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:48 pmThe text description was incorrect (the file is v2.9.12, not 2.9.10), I updated it.
But is this the most excellent 800MB package you linked here yesterday?

That big one was the only one that worked here.

This download still looks small at 677MB when it should be 784 MB (822,272,504 bytes).

VP

I updated to the newest Synthmaster 2 yesterday on my system, but I'd like to report that it is crashing the AU manager when I open Logic. The same goes for Synthmaster 2 FX. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6 and Logic 10.5.1

This is the message in the AU manager:
validating Audio Unit SynthMaster 2 by KV331 Audio:

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aumu' - 'Sm2i' - 'k331'
Manufacturer String: KV331 Audio
AudioUnit Name: SynthMaster 2
Component Version: 2.9.10 (0x2090A)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:

validation result: crashed validation

Vocalpoint Studios wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:31 pm
I cannot think of a reason anyone would need the SM2 v 2.9.8 installer when you are heavily promoting the goodness within 2.9.12 now.
I can think of a pretty good reason. 2.9.12 doesn't work for everybody, so it's kind of useful to have the previous version which worked fine still around and available for download.

Synth Master Jedi wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:18 am I updated to the newest Synthmaster 2 yesterday on my system, but I'd like to report that it is crashing the AU manager when I open Logic. The same goes for Synthmaster 2 FX. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6 and Logic 10.5.1
I am suspecting that the installer did not overwrite the component files, so here's my recommendation:

1. delete /library/audio/components/synthmaster2.component
2. delete /library/audio/components/synthmaster2fx.component
3. delete /documents/snythmaster/config/synthmasterconfig.txt
4. reinstall v2.9.12 setup
5. delete audio unit cache at (user library folder):
Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache,
Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:53 am I am suspecting that the installer did not overwrite the component files, so here's my recommendation:

1. delete /library/audio/components/synthmaster2.component
2. delete /library/audio/components/synthmaster2fx.component
3. delete /documents/snythmaster/config/synthmasterconfig.txt
4. reinstall v2.9.12 setup
5. delete audio unit cache at (user library folder):
Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache,
Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
I just followed those steps exactly as written and I'm glad to report that SynthMaster2 now shows up fine in Logic.

Step 5 made me realize just how many plugins I now have, because it had to scan 1013 plugins after I deleted the cache. It didn't take that long, and the important thing is that the issue got fixed, so thanks.

Last update fix vst2.4 gui problem of SM2,but the issue i report about new bank names not appearing in the browser is still there.
These are most important fixes advanced users need:
1.CC modulation freezing(i assume both have this bug).
2.New bank name to show in the sm2 browser immediately as before.
Love these two synths and wanna continue rely on them everyday,otherwise would deinstall them long time ago,not making over 5000 presets chasing better sound :)
Cheers :)

SM2 is amazing but these bugs need to be fixed - older system of placement was more easy,now some of new presets without bank name or with different bank name are placed in my presets or some(?)of them in the right bank,if the browser show it.
And the cc control freezing is still there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJyK1q5tpds

Reaper asks me to terminate this plug in now after upgrading to Windows 11,sigh.

It does not show the activation window.

Uninstalling this plugin for now.

Seems alot of plug ins are broken in Windows 11.

My Sonivox Big Bang Drums plug ins fail miserably on windows 11.

P.S. Synthmaster Player 2.9 activated through Reason 12,the activation dialogue box appeared in Reason.

Return to “Instruments”