Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Noodlist wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:58 pm I wonder if software companies are going to adjust in favour of the consumer and sales? With the rise in the cost of living their share of the market is bound to fall, disposable incomes are going also going to fall.
Fender bought Presonus. They said they're not going to change anything but who knows? Fender doesn't run sales at all but it's a different market.
Netflix has lost subscribers for the first time, and a further drop is expected. I think this is just the beginning of consumers cutting back on and focussing on priorities, the cost of living is rising.
Netflix lost subscribers because they suuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkk

so true

and they played shitty games like dropping the single device plan to 480pixels.
and making it impossible to buy a gift voucher for the exact amount of a month's subscription... etc etc...

in the words of Bill Hicks...
if you're in advertising or marketing, do us all a favour...

warrio wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:28 am So I would bet this has been a long time coming... maybe someone has done it... dealing with the travesty that is Waves WUP

Let me know what you think of this strategy. I would probably need more information to pull it off, and might wait until next year (after pulling off one full wup to do it.)

If you were to create a separate account and transfer all the plugins that never get updated, and keep the ones that will get updated to renew by wup every year, would this work?

Now the missing info? Where do I find the update version history for each plugin? I would need this to see what is going on. I got til Black Friday to do this.

Also note that because the wup is capped at $300 (or $225 on a sale) it may not be worth it to separate out any plugins if you have over a certain amount (does anyone know what amount?)
AFAIK WUP is capped at 240 USD (with sometimes 25% or even 50% discount).
You can simply tag the items to WUP and untag those you don't WUP anymore.
No need for transferring where ever to.

If you want to see what has changed, or what has been added to different packages.. you can go to: https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes

Seems they are adding less and less yearly in new plugins to the biggest packages.

martinjuenke wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 7:36 amAFAIK WUP is capped at 240 USD (with sometimes 25% or even 50% discount).
You can simply tag the items to WUP and untag those you don't WUP anymore.
No need for transferring where ever to.
I thought WUP was capped at $240 also, then I saw my price on one of their 50% discounted deals was $360. Support said it was because several of my plugins weren’t expired yet so the WUP for those would be a longer period than the expired ones. So, I didn’t update. Not complaining, just saying. :wink:

He didn’t explain further and from what I read since then, I guess I could have un-tagged any ones not expired yet and maybe not have exceeded the $240, or actually even the discounted amount. :roll:

As a side note: Exceeding that amount during the next discount deal for almost all plugins I have now wouldn’t be an issue, as I only bought CR8 ($9.99) since last year. I could update by buying a bigger bundle but not really interested in that as I have most of what I wanted already. If/when those become obsolete, so be it. :tu:

What hornet plugins are good?

Not sure how I missed this thus far, I think its been available for awhile: I just picked up IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX for $139.
I've purchased AT2 waaaay back in the day, T-Racks plugs in a group buy and Sampletank 4 for a steal last year. The upgrade price is $199, and with jampoints I was able to knock it down to $139.
I know, I know, it's IK, and it's not cool to like them on KVR, but frankly I'm astonished at what I just got for that price. It's an insane value. It's less than I would normally pay to upgrade AT2.

I don't understand why this isn't being talked about more, or maybe it was and I missed it. Dunno.
Just wanted to remind people it's still going on.

bk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:52 am Not sure how I missed this thus far, I think its been available for awhile: I just picked up IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX for $139.
I've purchased AT2 waaaay back in the day, T-Racks plugs in a group buy and Sampletank 4 for a steal last year. The upgrade price is $199, and with jampoints I was able to knock it down to $139.
I know, I know, it's IK, and it's not cool to like them on KVR, but frankly I'm astonished at what I just got for that price. It's an insane value. It's less than I would normally pay to upgrade AT2.

I don't understand why this isn't being talked about more, or maybe it was and I missed it. Dunno.
That is a pretty decent deal. I just checked but the upgrade price is €199 no matter what you own so that is too bad. I own Total Studio 2 + a couple of newer things through the group buy so it's not worth it for me. Except for Modo Bass 2 I don't need anything though, it's the only IK plugin I use anyway.

Vleker wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:36 pm
bk wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:52 am Not sure how I missed this thus far, I think its been available for awhile: I just picked up IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX for $139.

That is a pretty decent deal. I just checked but the upgrade price is €199 no matter what you own so that is too bad. I own Total Studio 2 + a couple of newer things through the group buy so it's not worth it for me. Except for Modo Bass 2 I don't need anything though, it's the only IK plugin I use anyway.
If you have Total Studio 3 it is 99.99, if you have a MAX product or Total Studio 2 MAX it is 199.99. Crossgrade pricing is higher (that's the "anything else" since you need a 99.99+ product registered) at 399.99.

Softube is offering half off Model 84 now through May 6th.
Code: POLYPHONIC50

https://www.softube.com/model-84-polyphonic-synthesizer

I just picked up IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX for $139.

Does buying Max free up some licenses you held for other IKM products, perhaps to sell?

Looks like the Soundwide intro bundle dropped for 49 dollars… available through 6/15
https://www.izotope.com/en/shop/paid-lo ... eRyEfWwJp4

Massive
Neutron, nectar, RX, & ozone elements
Trash 2
Bx_digital v3
Vocalsynth 2
Nimbus
R4
Guitar rig 6 LE
Bx_console N
Bx_stereomaker
Bx_subsynth
Bx_delay2500

Think most of these were anticipated

scouring the Polyverse website for a VST demo of Comet reverb...
do they not do demos or are my privacy settings blocking some buttons or something?

DERP: on this page... https://polyversemusic.com/support/
It's crippled, AND I need to give my email to demo, i really dislike when companies do that.

Does anybody know how often Plughugger do sales?

https://www.plughugger.com/

Spring Goose wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:31 pm Does anybody know how often Plughugger do sales?

https://www.plughugger.com/
They do intro sales on new presets, but if I recall well, they only have a site wide sale once a year, around July.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”