Suggestions/Ideas for Andy's Next Plugin. (was Folder Structure thread)

Official support for: hgsounds.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I’d love to get to that stage too, I have an iPad! I only have an old MACbook though and it now runs windows 10 which fully supports it, but it can’t run anything past high Sierra… so initially it would have to be PC I think, the MAC compatibility thing is horrendous…

Changed the title of this thread as people were beginning to make suggestions for Andy's next project.
The original thread was "Folder structure for Homegrown Sounds Kontakt Instruments"

Andy, Perhaps not your next plugin but the one after: Absynth 6 and Iris 3 are two of the most requested plugins. So anything similar to them will be a success.

Having spent a number of years coding VST Instruments in the past, the development is pretty slow and needs to be funded somehow. That’s always the main issue. For example, Black Magic took around a year to make as far as I remember. I think really I need to focus on MIDI, there’s a few of the Kontakt Instruments I’d love to convert to plugins such as MIDI Looper, Fractionate, ARP Stream, Procession, Chord Stepper etc…

A couple of years ago, when I started with JUCE I was trying to develop a framework, which could help speed up development, but I think that needs to come further down the line really.

Right now, I don’t have any way to fund development though. I’m really not sure if I can keep going with HGS for much longer, I don’t even have enough money to pay my rent tomorrow…

Personally I would prefer to see new plugins developed by you but then I would prefer to see you still in business in the years ahead. Making some or all the Kontakt instruments/midifx into VST's may be the way to go.

nm

Lately I have been avoiding instruments but continue to buy audio and midi fx plugins.
Use Juce as it automatically incudes multi-touch capability.
I believe you will do well with audio fx plugins using your randomizing method :love: .
IMO not glitchy but more musical/chord/rhythmical fx.

Thanks or the encouragement :)

I’m working on the MPC drum Kit creator in JUCE and it’s a great way to get to know it again, last time I got bogged down with making a development system before I’d actually used it for a while. I’m really enjoying working with it despite a few frustrations. The biggest issue has been that my Mac is too old & so couldn’t compile the newer JUCE or universal binaries. I’ve managed to get a second hand M1 mini on credit, so that’s now taken care of hopefully. hopefully it will pay for itself before long.

I’m probably looking at doing another couple of utilities, with the intention of working towards making Fractionate with support across windows/Mac OS & possibly iOS.

I’ll no doubt have to make some Kontakt releases too to bring some money in.

Hey check out
Andy’s new Sampler Plugin
viewtopic.php?t=601814

Return to “Homegrown Sounds”